You have ever half planned some ATL timelines who likely will never be written?

A More Personal Union

-In which Kaiser Wilhelm II ascends to the throne of the United Kingdom. IMHO its not as implausible as it might first sound. Queen Victoria being pre-deceased by all of her sons, and before producing issue of their own, is not completely unlikely. Given that the Prince of Wales had a permanently reserved suite in a Parisian Brothel it is more of a surprise that he lived to become Edward VII, Princes Leopold and Alfred did pass before their mother, and Arthur might have died numerous times in the Army. In which case the succession runs through her eldest Daughter Victoria, to her son Wilhelm. Who was arguably her favourite grandchild, and was at her deathbed.
Naturally Parliament would collectively wet themselves at the prospect of this and do absolutely anything possible to avoid it, however Monarchs of other nations becoming King is not completely unprecedented, see James I and George I. And Scotland, at least at first, and Hannover were administered separately.

The Butterflies from this are likely to be spectacular.

@edgeworthy , it's not impossible, but not likely either. Edward VII had numerous children before he ascended the throne, all of whom would be in the order of succession before his brothers let alone his nephew Wilhelm. If he didn't, or if they started predeceasing Victoria without issue, I suspect some of the other princes would be quietly nudged to start siring heirs.

And as a last resort, Parliament could always pass another Act of Succession. In Victoria's reign, there isn't even the need to get Dominion parliaments to sign off too.

Eparkhos

Banned
One I just came up with a few hours ago: (I got the idea from the opening monologue of The X-Files episode "Three of a Kind", credit to where it's due)

Byer's Dream:

JFK avoids assassination in 1963, leading the destruction of the CIA and an expanded space program. The Cold War enters detente earlier, with relations between the US and USSR being slightly warmer, leading to a drop-off in proxy conflicts across the planet; The conservation of resources allowed by this allows the USSR to survive its OTL collapse, which allows a longer period of reform into a semi-democratic state. However, this better world is shattered in 1999, when a group of left-wing terrorists release a biotoxin in Las Vegas, causing the death of 350,000 people. This leads to a second Red Scare and the Patriot Act on steroids and a far-right government being elected, leading to the Cold War reigniting in the 21st century, this time between an authoritarian United States and a liberal Soviet Union.

A More Personal Union

-In which Kaiser Wilhelm II ascends to the throne of the United Kingdom. IMHO its not as implausible as it might first sound. Queen Victoria being pre-deceased by all of her sons, and before producing issue of their own, is not completely unlikely. Given that the Prince of Wales had a permanently reserved suite in a Parisian Brothel it is more of a surprise that he lived to become Edward VII, Princes Leopold and Alfred did pass before their mother, and Arthur might have died numerous times in the Army. In which case the succession runs through her eldest Daughter Victoria, to her son Wilhelm. Who was arguably her favourite grandchild, and was at her deathbed.
Naturally Parliament would collectively wet themselves at the prospect of this and do absolutely anything possible to avoid it, however Monarchs of other nations becoming King is not completely unprecedented, see James I and George I. And Scotland, at least at first, and Hannover were administered separately.

The Butterflies from this are likely to be spectacular.
@edgeworthy , it's not impossible, but not likely either. Edward VII had numerous children before he ascended the throne, all of whom would be in the order of succession before his brothers let alone his nephew Wilhelm. If he didn't, or if they started predeceasing Victoria without issue, I suspect some of the other princes would be quietly nudged to start siring heirs.

And as a last resort, Parliament could always pass another Act of Succession. In Victoria's reign, there isn't even the need to get Dominion parliaments to sign off too.

Simply ASB... Maybe the princess royal (and German Empress) will rule as Victoria II, but after her the English succession will go to her second son not to the eldest (see the inheritance of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha from which the Prince of Wales was excluded almost automatically)

Simply ASB... Maybe the princess royal (and German Empress) will rule as Victoria II, but after her the English succession will go to her second son not to the eldest (see the inheritance of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha from which the Prince of Wales was excluded almost automatically)

Or possibly to Wilhelm II's second son, Prince Eitel Friedrich

He'd probably call himself Frederick I, which is rather a pity, as the thought of a King Edsel or King Attila (whatever way they anglicised it) rather appeals to me. .

Or possibly to Wilhelm II's second son, Prince Eitel Friedrich

He'd probably call himself Frederick I, which is rather a pity, as the thought of a King Edsel or King Attila (whatever way they anglicised it) rather appeals to me. .
No, the English crown will go to Empress Victoria’s second son not to the line of Wilhelm II (see what they have done for Saxe-Coburg-Gotha who was inherited by Albert’s second son Alfred and not by the second son of the Prince of Wales George) because the renounce of the Prince of Wales included all his heir and would me made well before the birth of Wilhelm’s own children

Last edited:
Hungarian Revolution of 1956 ends in a Polish October style agreement between Imre Nagy and Nikita Khrushchev. Without Hungarian distraction, Soviet Union intervenes in the Suez War on the American side, leading to Nasser falling into the Soviet camp, while Israel being more and more neutral. On 1958, United States and the Soviet Union signs Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. The same year, Khrushchev restores Revolution-era factory committees as part of his economical reform, while Iraq falls to communism. Due to his both international and domestic successes, he remains in power until death on 1971. Two years earlier, he allowed Czechoslovakian reforms and witnessed first manned (Soviet) lunar landing. His successor, Anastas Mikoyan leads the free world in fight against imperialism until his death on 1976, giving place for moderate hawks of the Political Bureau.

On 1960, Nixon wins the election and passes Civil Rights Act. Republican Party becomes the party of free market and civil rights, while Democrats become a populist, conservative party. US overthrows Batista and installs generic military dictatorship that lasts until 1980s. Shahist Iran receives even more economic and miltary support from US. Following Richard M. Nixon's assasination, Henry Cabot Lodge ruled the country until election of 1968, when George Wallace of Democratic Party, strong supporter of white supremacism won the election, promising to fight against communism, launch (similar to OTL) Great Society programs and reverse "communistic" race laws of the previous administration. He had ended the Vietnam War (where Lodge sent the ground troops) by nuking Hanoi and nearly starting the World War III. 1970s are spent on supressing demonstrations, riots and failing to impeach Wallace.

Great Britain and France deepens their cooperation during 1960s as they believe that America has abandoned them.

Saudi Arabia suffers a Nasserist coup d'etat on 1969 and three years of civil war between monarchists, secular Nasserists and the most extreme Islamists. In the end, Islamists win (mainly due to American focus on supressing civil liberties and combatting the Red Army of Students).

Portuguese communists win in 1975.

There are more and more supporters of British republic in Britain.

Italy is on the brink of democratically-elected communist government.

I've been planning a continuation of my Mexico TL, but I'm stuck after a certain point and I've been putting off the research for a while now

A less successful American Revolution where Georgia and South Carolina stay loyal to Great Britain for fear of losing their slaves due to some vague comment from Thomas Jefferson that gets blown out of proportion.
Britian keeps the Ohio territory as "Indian Territory" and financially and militarily backs the Iroquois Confederacy.
The Louisiana Purchase never happens and Mexico keeps all their territory eventually becoming the dominant power in North America.
Oh! and Russia keep Alaska.

Mexico, 1867. Miguel Lopez is unable/unwilling to carry out his otl betrayal of Maximilian, allowing Imperial forces to break out of Queretaro and withdraw to the Sierra Gorda, and thus draw out the war far longer. Maximilian marches most of the remnants of the Imperial army back to Mexico City to link up with the bulk of his more professional foreign troops, leaving behind a smaller body with General Tomas Mejia with the objective of tying down as much Republican troops as possible in the rough terrain.

No, the English crown will go to Empress Victoria’s second son not to the line of Wilhelm II (see what they have done for Saxe-Coburg-Gotha who was inherited by Albert’s second son Alfred and not by the second son of the Prince of Wales George) because the renounce of the Prince of Wales included all his heir and would me made well before the birth of Wilhelm’s own children

Perhaps best of all would be to choose one of the Kaiser's sisters, either Sophie or Charlotte.

Since German states all use the Salic Law, that removes any risk of a union of crowns.

Perhaps best of all would be to choose one of the Kaiser's sisters, either Sophie or Charlotte.

Since German states all use the Salic Law, that removes any risk of a union of crowns.
That would mess a lot with thew laws of succession and is no better than totally excluding Victoria's line. Victoria's second son is the best option as Wilhelm would surely renounce to his rights on the English Crown as soon is evident who he will inherit it (who in your scenario is well before the birth of his children. As Frederick would still die before his mother-in-law is pretty likely who the younger widowed Victoria, as heiress of England, would go back in England with her children (excluding the new Kaiser) instead of remaining in Germany so any descendants of Wilhelm II would be excluded by default

With the ultimate fates of Canada and the American Deep South switched a la @Glen's Dominion of Southern America in the 1770s and 1780s, I'm interested to see what would happen if Great Britain proper, Ireland, and Hanover fall to revolutions in an alternate 1848 and become republics, and the British Monarchy and Empire are forced to relocate to Charleston in South Carolina, and the consequences of a slaveowning Dixie-lead British Empire on slavery, imperialism, and colonialism in central America, southern America, Africa, South Asia, East Asia, and the Middle East.

VVD0D95

Banned
The 1745 Jacobite rebellion succeeds and the Stuarts are restored. Contrary to what I've read here, a lot of evidence from historians suggests the Stuarts knew they'd have to take a more balanced approach to ruling, and that's something I've long wanted to explore. Well that and seeing the dastardly Act of Settlement repealed.

I've let my Militant Carthage TL as well as my TL where Antigonus wins the Battle of Ipsus kinda fall into ruin, as I really don't know where else to go with them. I've been kicking around a few ideas, some include:

-A sane, skilled Nero who has a much better relationship with Claudius, stabilizes Germania, and tells off Agrippina
-A mentally enabled Arrhidaeus who crushes Alexander in a Macedonian Civil War, conquers Asia and Syria, centralizes the Kingdom and creates a lasting Macedonian Empire.
-A surviving Leopold Johann von Habsburg survives his infancy, dismantles the Elective Monarchy system for good in the HRE, and tears Freddy the Great a new one.

I've let my Militant Carthage TL as well as my TL where Antigonus wins the Battle of Ipsus kinda fall into ruin, as I really don't know where else to go with them. I've been kicking around a few ideas, some include:

-A sane, skilled Nero who has a much better relationship with Claudius, stabilizes Germania, and tells off Agrippina
-A mentally enabled Arrhidaeus who crushes Alexander in a Macedonian Civil War, conquers Asia and Syria, centralizes the Kingdom and creates a lasting Macedonian Empire.
-A surviving Leopold Johann von Habsburg survives his infancy, dismantles the Elective Monarchy system for good in the HRE, and tears Freddy the Great a new one.

Number 1 is pretty difficult, number 2 is practically ASB, and I would really love reading number 3