Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Scorpion - Fawcett
  • Destroyer - either way but mostly Fawcett
  • Grimm Ghost - Charlton
  • Son of Dracula - Fawcett
  • Tiger man - Charlton
  • Devil slayer- Fawcett
  • Brute - Charlton
But that's just an un researched guess and really depends upon the creators

Makes sense for the most part. Although, given Fawcett's huge focus on Urban Fantasy, I'd give them the Grim Ghost and Charlton the Scorpion Here's how I see the rest of that list myself.

• Tarantula - Charlton
  • Manstalker - Fawcett
  • The Cougar - Charlton
  • Dark Avenger - Fawcett
  • Bog-Beast - Charlton
  • Man-Moster - Fawcett
  • Iron Jaw - Charlton
  • The Dragon - Fawcett
  • Doomstalker - Charlton
  • Planet of the Vampires - Charlton
  • Devilina- Fawcett
  • Pheonix - Fawcett
  • Morlock - Charlton

Makes sense for the most part. Although, given Fawcett's huge focus on Urban Fantasy, I'd give them the Grim Ghost and Charlton the Scorpion Here's how I see the rest of that list myself.

• Tarantula - Charlton
  • Manstalker - Fawcett
  • The Cougar - Charlton
  • Dark Avenger - Fawcett
  • Bog-Beast - Charlton
  • Man-Moster - Fawcett
  • Iron Jaw - Charlton
  • The Dragon - Fawcett
  • Doomstalker - Charlton
  • Planet of the Vampires - Charlton
  • Devilina- Fawcett
  • Pheonix - Fawcett
  • Morlock - Charlton
Scorpion will be part of Fawcett because Howard Chaykin will get his start with a Fawcett comic and he will be with the company in the 80s with the reboot of Diamond Jack anyway

Scorpion will be part of Fawcett because Howard Chaykin will get his start with a Fawcett comic and he will be with the company in the 80s with the reboot of Diamond Jack anyway

By the way, something we missed back in the 60s. Did The Misfits still become a thing at Fawcett through Wally Wood?

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20191122_101924.jpg

In June of 72 Atlas comics got a cease and desist order from over Robert E. Howard's Kull the conqueror as the claims that the comic readers were getting confused as he had the same name as the Captain Marvel villain.
The conflict would be settled quickly out of court as both parties had plans incase they lost and both decided they were actually good alternatives
  • Atlas comics decided that Kull wasn't a big enough comic to fight this lawsuit and Roy Thomas agreed to adapt Kulls stories in the pages of Conan the barbarian
  • Fawcett group agreed to regulate King Kull to Golden Earth where his Son Prince Kol becomes the new adversary for the Marvel Family

Last edited:
View attachment 504070
In June of 72 Atlas comics got a cease and desist order from over Robert E. Howard's Kull the conqueror as the claims that the comic readers were getting confused as he had the same name as the Captain Marvel villain.
The conflict would be settled quickly out of court as both parties had plans incase they lost and both decided they were actually good alternatives
  • Atlas comics decided that Kull wasn't a big enough comic to fight and Roy Thomas agreed to adapt Kulls stories in the pages of Conan the barbarian
  • Fawcett group agreed to regulate King Kull to Golden Earth where his Son Prince Kol becomes the new adversary for the Marvel Family

Probably a smart move for both of them. Fawcett probably still has flashbacks from their battle with National and Atlas can always put the Kull Stories into trade paperback on their own later on down the line. And maybe it's better that King Kull stays on Golden Earth for the time being. Silver Earth probably has hoards of villains.

Last edited:
Atlas comics
PSX_20191125_122736.jpg
In 72 Stan Lee decided that that his idea for a feminist Heroine The Cat was to similar to Charlton comics New Purple Tigress Stan had an idea of going back to the well when Atlas was Marvel and looked for some old character he could bring in for the 70s and decided upon the Otto Binder created Miss America.
Now named Ms America Stan Lee decided that if he made her Captain America's on again off again love intrest Sharon Carterhe would not have to worry about creating side characters and origin story as she worked for SHIELD and could get her flight, ad laser powers from there.

I love this. This'll lead to some great stories, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to next year too. I'm hoping that Killjoy still ends up at Charlton. Maybe send Ditko's Liberty Belle to Fawcett? Give her a new name and life there. Also, Charlton, who comes next from the Fox rebranding scheme? With E-Man coming up I have a great way to tie his continuity with that of Stardust if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
Ok. So, looking forward to the next update. Truly, things are about to heat up around the comic world. Also hoping for some new micros and whatever new changes are coming.

47ee08ece128818a7fa153bbf697959b.jpg
In April of 1972 Terry Nation brought back The Daleks to the BBC serial Doctor Who in the six part story
Revenge of the Daleks with episodes the American TV series Minute-Man being shown overseas Nations first draft which had been a rehashed Minute-man script where the Daleks turned invisible was rejected infavor for a new story acknowledging the American series (with names changed to avoid copyright infringement) as The Doctor and Jo meet up with an American (everyone's accent is terrible) surviors of Unit from the year 1998 called MARS who had suffered Attacks from the Doctor's fearsome enemy in some Asian Jungle
Though the script wasn't used many of the MinuteMan episode Invisible Daleks was used including the new introduction of Dalek Supreme, the Alien slaves the Daleks used and some of Kate Manning's dialogue sounded more like Suzanne Sommers Sally Forth than Jo Grant

Last edited:
Fawcett comics survives
In April, Fawcett editor Otto Binder approached Ghost Rider Creator Gary Friedrich about bringing back his creation into a modern setting. Gary Friedrich who had already did so at Warren Publication with the Hell-Rider Magazine
Hell-rider.jpg

Was hesitant about doing this but figured that going back to comics would widen his audience and give the spotlight to his creations and agreed if he could bring new Heroine Butterfly with him. Though her name would be changed for copyright reasons Fawcett would introduce the first black heroine in the third Ghost Rider story Bride of Mothman
PSX_20191129_133331.jpg

View attachment 505665 In April of 1972 Terry Nation brought back The Daleks to the BBC serial Doctor Who in the six part story
Revenge of the Daleks with episodes the American TV series Minute-Man being shown overseas Nations first draft which had been a rehashed Minute-man script where the Daleks turned invisible was rejected infavor for a new story acknowledging the American series (with names changed to avoid copyright infringement) as The Doctor and Jo meet up with an American (everyone's accent is terrible) surviors of Unit from the year 1998 called MARS who had suffered Attacks from the Doctor's fearsome enemy in some Asian Jungle
Though the script wasn't used many of the MinuteMan episode Invisible Daleks was used including the new introduction of Dalek Supreme, the Alien slaves the Daleks used and some of Kate Manning's dialogue sounded more like Suzanne Sommers Sally Forth than Jo Grant

I'm still not happy about Fawcett losing their biggest villains. Here's hoping the Daleks find their way back to Fawcett somehow.

Well Doctor Who should reach the US in a few years and someone needs to license the comics

Yeah, it just sucks that now Fawcett doesn't have that Darkseid/Skrulls counterpart. And quite frankly, the Daleks were perfect for that. Any other significant events for 72?

Yeah, it just sucks that now Fawcett doesn't have that Darkseid/Skrulls counterpart. And quite frankly, the Daleks were perfect for that. Any other significant events for 72?
Well first off the it's bizarre to say Darkseid & Skrulls are equivalent to each other
Second Fawcett has the Venusian worms (Mr. Minds species) to pick up the slack

Sorry for 1972 being scatter brain but I been finding stuff that I needs to to be addressed into the time line and will be jumping back and forth through the year before getting into 73