Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Virginia State Legislature Elections

In 2018, Virginia held elections for its State Senate and House of Delegates. In the Senate, which uses the same boundaries as the state's Congressional districts, the Unionists gained an absolute majority in the chamber for the first time in this formerly National-heavy (but now safe Unionist) state. This majority would not last very long as in 2019 the Unionists would lose the 35th district to the Nationals in a special election. In the State House, which has multi-member districts with each Senate District being given 2 members. The Unionists would expand the absolute majority that they gained in a special election 2 years prior. The Unionists in these seats where certainly buoyed by the gubernatorial and presidential elections who both over performed the state legislators overall.

2018-senate-election-wiki-png.505178
2018-house-election-wiki-png.505176

Senate Election
2018-senate-election-png.505179

Senate Members by Party
2018-senate-party-png.505180

House Members by Party
2018-house-party-png.505177

Districts #'ed
virginia-senate-districts-s-png.505181

Thomas27

Banned
To continue to celebrate the release of "Au Bord de l'Abîme" in English under the title "At the Edge of the Abyss" I would like to repost a few old infoboxes.
You can get the book here.
d9pj3ek-d4820d94-68c9-4958-b95f-f014154cb2af.jpg
dauxore-9577f045-a26c-44bf-94a4-12ff316016ff.jpg
dauxp3a-7ccfaacf-ea85-4760-8a8f-e87748ea24dc.jpg

1960bruh.png

A wiki box of the 1960 Presidential Election from this list:
1961-1963: Everett M. Dirksen / James P. Mitchell (Republican)
def. 1960 John F. "Jack" Kennedy / Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic) and Harry F. Byrd / James Strom Thurmond (Independent Democratic)
1963-1964: James P. Mitchell / VACANT (Republican)
Sworn in 1963
1964-1969:
John W. Cormack / VACANT (1964-1965) Abraham A. Ribicoff (Democratic)
Sworn in 1964 - def. 1964 Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. / Winthrop Rockefeller (Republican)
1969-1977: William W. Scranton / Hiram L. Fong (Republican)
def. 1968 John J. McKeithen / Stephen M. Young (Democratic) - def. 1972 James Terry Sanford / Walter F. "Fritz" Mondale (Democratic)
1977-1981: Milton J. Shapp / John H. Glenn (Democratic)
def. 1976 Hiram L. Fong / Nancy Landon (Republican)
1981-1985: Patrick J. Lucey / Lloyd M. Bentsen (Democratic)
def. 1980 George H. W. Bush / John B. Connally (Republican)
1985-1993: John B. Anderson / William J. "Billy" Blythe (Republican)
def. 1984 Patrick J. Lucey / Lloyd M. Bentsen (Democratic) - def. 1988 John F. "Jack" Kennedy / Richard H. Stallings (Democratic)
1993-2001: Clarence Thomas / Henry Ross Perot (Republican)
def. 1992 James B. Stockdale / Lawrence Douglas Wilder (Democratic) - def. 1996 Irwin A. Schiff / David L. Boren (Democratic)
2001-2005: John W. Warner / Andrew Lamar Alexander (Republican)
def. 2000 Paul D. Wellstone / Joseph R. "Bob" Kerrey (Democratic)
2005-2013: Donald J. Trump / Joseph I. "Joe" Lieberman (Democratic)
def. 2004 John W. Warner / Michael J. Jordan (Republican) - def. 2008 Barack H. Obama / Wesley K. Clark (Republican)
2013-2017: William J. "Billy" Blythe / Thaddeus G. McCotter (Republican)
def. 2012 John G. Malkovich / James R. "Rick" Perry (Democratic)
2017-????: Michael R. "Mike" Pence / James H. "Jim" Webb (Democratic)
def. 2016 William J. "Billy" Blythe / Thaddeus G. McCotter (Republican)

PIAF7H4.png

Star Wars (retroactively titled Star Wars: Episode I – A New Hope) is a 1977 American epic space-opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It stars Mark Hamill, Elvis Presley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew. It is the first installment of the original Star Wars trilogy, and was retroactively made the first episode in the six-part 'Skywalker saga'. The film marks Elvis Presley's return to film after the 1972 documentary Elvis On Tour

PIAF7H4.png

Star Wars (retroactively titled Star Wars: Episode I – A New Hope) is a 1977 American epic space-opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It stars Mark Hamill, Elvis Presley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew. It is the first installment of the original Star Wars trilogy, and was retroactively made the first episode in the six-part 'Skywalker saga'. The film marks Elvis Presley's return to film after the 1972 documentary Elvis On Tour
Love it! Anyone else think that Elvis would have been a good Han?

I wanted to continue an idea I've been brainstorming from the last Wikibox forum that I never got around to updating.

Winters Of Discontent: 1985

With the Tory right left licking their wounds after the unpopular Thatcher government, the party was forced to embrace a more moderate alternative, or at least a less contentious leader. The figure to take up the mantle of the party leadership- Michael Heseltine, who narrowly beat out the elder statesman figure of William Whitelaw- proved an outspoken yet fairly popular figure, internationalist and forward-thinking in his rhetoric and an ardent champion of cooperation with Europe, and his aggressive rhetoric combined with modernized policies played well with swing voters, netting the Tories significant gains in local elections year upon year.

By contrast, Labour found themselves struggling to achieve a united front. Callaghan was getting long in the tooth, and the two factions of the party were unenthused by him, left-wingers like Michael Foot sceptical of his commitment to the welfare state and right-wingers like David Owen and Shirley Williams fearing he was no longer a stable electoral asset. His leadership was finally dethroned when he fumbled badly on the Argentinean invasion of the Falklands in 1982, an event which netted Labour an immense amount of bad press both for its unpreparedness and its limited commitment to fighting back. Callaghan resigned within days of the invasion, and the subsequent Labour leadership election saw Peter Shore become party leader.

Shore took on a much more aggressive tack with the Falklands than Callaghan, sending in British forces and trying to defend his decision to the Labour rank and file on the basis of giving better employment prospects to those entering the forces, and despite a brief blip in his ratings and victory in the conflict, Labour infighting was focused on far more than the war successes by the majority of tabloids. To make matters worse, Labour’s narrow majority was soon being eroded by defections from the party whip and a handful of by-election losses, most notably when the Tories gained Darlington in early 1983. In addition, the hawkish Shore was causing serious notoriety and infighting within the Labour Party by refusing to renege on agreements Callaghan and Jimmy Carter had made to allow US missiles to be stored in Britain when Ronald Reagan pushed for them, causing the CND-allied Labour MPs to threaten to form a splinter group.

Ironically, the economy was starting to improve somewhat throughout the early 1980s due to profits from North Sea Oil, which had also basically wiped the SNP out in the polls. Labour had started to invest some of this into public service programmes, but Heseltine posited that it could be used under a Tory government to push through large tax breaks, and his leadership was fundamentally more trusted than that of Shore, even by some Labour supporters. This became the centrepiece of the Tories’ 1985 election campaign, and it worked spectacularly.

upload_2019-11-28_17-21-6.png

The result was the most resounding Tory victory (or indeed victory for any party) since 1931. Heseltine won a colossal majority of 220, while Labour tumbled to its worst showing in terms of seats since 1935 and its smallest share of the popular vote since 1918. Shore resigned during his victory speech after being re-elected at Bethnal Green & Stepney, lamenting that ‘today we see the end of 21 years of either Labour in government or clearly within reach of government’. His defeatist attitude left him a target of aggressive hatred within his party to the end.

He had a point, however: Labour had been wiped out across the country. For the first time since the passage of the Great Reform Act, the Tories had won the most seats in Wales, and Labour was left without a single seat in East Anglia or the South East, just two seats in the South West (Bristol South and Swindon), only eight in the East Midlands, and only won more seats than the Tories in its traditional strongholds of the North East, Yorkshire and Scotland.

Heseltine, meanwhile, had an enormous mandate to push through whatever social reforms he pleased, and it was clear what he and the bulk of the Tory party wanted.

I am SO DANG MAD right now, because Wikipedia didn't save any of my progress when my computer restarted, meaning I lost all of my progress on my Albionic Church wiki entry, which was about a fifth of the way done.

Thomas27

Banned
To continue to celebrate the release of "Au Bord de l'Abîme" in English under the title "At the Edge of the Abyss" I would like to repost a few old infoboxes.
You can get the book here.
dauxpcw-e3317b6d-a35f-40a5-90b3-897f47bdb591.jpg
daxeqg5-65fd4c1a-f61e-4aec-8000-044841b63beb.jpg
daxqiy7-5685333c-6c8b-4d0f-9124-00527217e470.jpg

Did Trump primary Ron or did he not run for re-election due to age?
I'll have you know that I just neglected that and with Trump without thinking much, but I'd suppose that could be kind of both. I think Ron would still resign due to age as he did with his Congress career and Rand would lose in primaries/elections later.

I'll have you know that I just neglected that and with Trump without thinking much, but I'd suppose that could be kind of both. I think Ron would still resign due to age as he did with his Congress career and Rand would lose in primaries/elections later.

Honestly picking his son as VP was probably not Ron’s best decision. Can’t imagine that helped Rand in 2016

Comrade TruthTeller

Gone Fishin'
To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say
No one dared to ask to his business, no one dared to make a slip
The stranger there among them had a Big Iron on his Hip
upload_2019-11-29_1-7-44.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.