Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
EJ9BnWUXkAEeD1E.jpg:large

This was apparently a map of France drawn up by the First Coalition in the event that they succeeded in toppling the French Revolution.

Big Geneva intrigues me.

Also, kind of cruel to the Bourbons, “We’ve restored your dynasty! Now give us like an seventh of your kingdom.”

Deleted member 114175

... or quite possibly a map drawn up by people seeking to rally popular/nationalist support for the Revolution. I honestly cannot tell.

That would make more sense, this map is honestly too square not to have been made by a Revolutionary.
It was illustrated by a British economist William Playfair in 1793

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A_Map_of_France_with_the_Proposed_Divisions._1793.jpg

https://lib-dbserver.princeton.edu/.../sociology-economics/sociology-economics.html

"Grown disenchanted with the revolutionaries, Playfair became a resolute Royalist. His attitude on the French Revolutionary Wars is made abundantly clear with these words printed under his name on the title page: "The French Democrats will be like other Madmen, they have begun by insulting and attacking all their Neighbours, and will finish their Career in a strait Waistcoat." His thematic map proposes a solution to the current danger of France's revolutionary fever: break the country up and offer pieces of its territory to neighboring states "as an indemnity for expenses occasioned by France"; then reconstitute its diminished state under the House of Bourbon."

Okay whose idea was it to put Shanxi and Xing'an in the same administrative unit?
Someone who clearly likes making anyone who knows about the region angry.

Side note- anyone find it weird Japan is independent? I get that it's a Japanese show so it's inherently going to be biased towards them, but it seems to me like they'd be hopelessly fucked. IDK, never watched the show.

IMO the "expanded" sphere of influence looks suspiciously similar to the Chinese Federation from Code Geass, minus India:

latest
or the United Federation of Asian Republics from Empire Earth

or Eastasia XD
Side note- anyone find it weird Japan is independent? I get that it's a Japanese show so it's inherently going to be biased towards them, but it seems to me like they'd be hopelessly fucked. IDK, never watched the show.
it is hopelessly fucked. that's kinda the point :p

As someone who has watched it, reading this had me laughing out loud.

Japan is a Britannian (basically Monarchist American) colony. Literally half the show is about their struggle for independence.