Great Big Worlda Collaborative Project

What should the premise be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They would all be part of the multinational Eastern Europe / Russian Multinational organization though.
Yeah, that was what the puppet outlines were. Germany is probably gonna get split up a bit and I might make some of the non- represented indo-European groups independent. (Yes, I am saying Occitania is basque and Italy is Etruscan)

Here's an update on India:
upload_2019-11-24_16-58-18.png

1. Dravidia
2. Maratha (Maharashtra)
3. Satavahana Dynasty (Andhra)
4. Kalinga/Odisha
5. Bengal
6. Maurya (Magadha)
7. Rajputana
8. Delhi
9. Punjab
10. Kashmir
11. Gujarat

Just a quick ping for updates:
East Asia - @Fred Guo - WIP Posted
South Asia - @Bicentius - WIP Posted
Southeast Asia/Oceania - @XFE - Update Needed (Take your Time)
Australasia - @CannedTech - WIP Posted
North America - @mikroraptor - WIP Posted
Central America -@mikroraptor - Update Given (In Progress)
South America - @Fox-Fire - WIP Posted
North Africa/Middle East/Central Asia - @Pax Americana - Update Needed (Take your Time)
Sub-Saharan Africa - @Baconheimer - Update Given (In Progress)
Europe - @APeninSpace - WIP Posted
Eastern Europe/Siberia (Russia) - @Cantra - WIP Posted

Also, is everyone using paint.net?

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
Also, is everyone using paint.net?

Nope, using MS Paint, which I'm very very familiar with.
I might need a bit of help with East Asia on a side note, struggling on how to even out power on all sides and developing little desc blurbs for countries...

Here's a another update.
UpdatedDraft.png

I did want to ask about layouts here. the orbiting Microworldas will all have specific functions. The Alliance map will represent the membership and makeup of the multinational orgs in the world congress, the religion and population maps are self-explanatory, the Government map will represent the various political ideologies, The megastructure maps will represent huge feats of engineering (space elevators, skyhooks, solar arrays, fusion generators, world wonders, etc.)

To maintain symmetry, we'll need one more map in the middle right. I was out of ideas for that one, and I wanted to put that up for debate.'

We can always discard the orbiting layout entirely if multiple people have concerns.

Here's a another update.
View attachment 504667

I did want to ask about layouts here. the orbiting Microworldas will all have specific functions. The Alliance map will represent the membership and makeup of the multinational orgs in the world congress, the religion and population maps are self-explanatory, the Government map will represent the various political ideologies, The megastructure maps will represent huge feats of engineering (space elevators, skyhooks, solar arrays, fusion generators, world wonders, etc.)

To maintain symmetry, we'll need one more map in the middle right. I was out of ideas for that one, and I wanted to put that up for debate.'

We can always discard the orbiting layout entirely if multiple people have concerns.
For the one map on the side, I'd suggest maybe
The distribution of extraterrestrial immigrants
Or perhaps something like a democracy index

Indochina.png

A little something to show I'm making progress.

Indochina is a storied region home to ancient civilizations and soaring, golden pagodas. In both our history and the world of GBWCP, Hinduism, spread by Indian merchants (though popular imagination prefers to call them venerable Indian monks), dominated the social, religious and poltical life of the land; only to be replaced by Buddhism, patronized by the great Emperor Ashoka. Indochinese politics revolved around Khmer, until a series of unfortunate events brought down this ancient civilization, cumilating in a devestating Thai invasion. The vacumn left by Khmer sparked an interethnic free for all, with the Thais, Viets and Bamars emerging victorious after centuries of conflict.

In this world, a less domineering China left some breathing room for the Thais of OTL's Guangxi province. The Thai migrations were delayed (but not cancelled), and Khmer recovered from the string of military defeats that preceded its dark age. Khmer's restored hegemony dissuaded potential rivals. There was no great war between the powers of Southeast Asia, for none could challenge Khmer's sheer inertia. The lack of competitors ironically led to the decline of Imperial power, as there was no need to rally behind a singular monarch. Thus ended the Imperial Era, and thus behan the Age of Princes.

During the Age of Princes (~1200-1650), a more mercentile Southeast Asia (all things will be explained in due time) accelerated urbanization and technological development. Local plutocratic elites could now stand on their own, oftentimes ignoring Imperial borders. The basic political unit in Southeast Asia devolved from the proto nation-state to a series of wealthy city states, dominated by merchant familes, whom we refer to as "Princes". Some would organize themselves into trade leagues like the OTL Hansa, dealing with Nusataran and Chinese merchants.

Buddhism encouraged (and encourages) fantastic displays of piety through wealth, which led many a prince to build ever greater pagodas--leaving later generations with an abundance of dick jokes. It was also common practice to invite and patronize Indian monks of various creeds, which created a vibrantly syncretic religious environment. In many ways, Indochina in the Age of Princes mirrored the developmental pattern of India.

This all came to an end in the Second Imperial Era (~1650-), sparked by China's periodical expansions and contractions. An expansionist Emperor conquered and expelled the Thai peoples, leading to an ovedue Thai migration into Khmer. Khmer's cities were amongst the most advanced in the world; but the country was impoverished and underpopulated. Rural aristocrats welcomed Thai migrants with open arms, often employing them as tenant farmers in Sambhupura (OTL Isan) and Lan Xang (OTL Laos). The Thais soon outpopulated the Khmer natives, sparking a series of low-intensity clan-based conflicts. The Khmer Emperors pointed at the foreign threat, and took the chance to reassert themselves over the militarily incompetent, divided Princes.

As the Emperor reasserted himself over the Princes; the city also reasserted itself over the country. Khmer centralized, and her friendemies in Campa, Dai Viet and Hariphunchai followed its lead. Clan conflicts gave way to cataclysmic wars, which led to militarization, centraliation and the establishment of borders. By the 1700s, the Thais had been pushed West of the Sham Plateau, where they allied with the Mon people to crush the nascent Bamars.

Culturally and religiously, the Second Imperial Era meant the death of pluralism. Tariffs were introduced, foreigners were expelled, and militant Therevada Buddhism was the name of the game in the many kingdoms of the subcontinent. These historical developments permantly divorced Buddhist Indochina from syncretic India. At some point--no one knows when, Indochina's flirtation with nationalism came to an end. Some attribute this to globalization, but it is too early to be sure.

I'll wait until I have rivers to add internal divisions.

Third Eternal and Holy Empire of Ethopia and its Possessions - The ruling Solomonic Dynasty claims descent from the Queen of Sheba and Solomon, King of Israel. Ethiopia has lasted in varying forms for many centuries. Its religion is a mixture of Messianic Judaism and Coptic Christianity. A 4000th birthday parade was held for Ethiopia in the capital of Aksum where Dawit VIII led the procession on a genetically engineered lion.
The country goes by the Greek-descended name of Ethiopia. Probably has considerable extraterrestrial territories.

The League of Punt - Ethiopian satellite states along the East African coast.

Bantu League - A collection of many small Bantu-speaking states from Cameroon to the Indian Ocean. Halfway between the US and EU in terms of centralization.

Empire of the Zulus - A relatively new state. Surprisingly nationalistic and warlike in this peaceful world.
Has Antarctic territories

East Austronesian Autonomy - An anarcho-capitalist in Madagascar.

africa.png

A little more. Should I outline important internal divisions of the Bantu League? The blue one is Great Zimbabwe and the red one is Mpemba Kasi.

africa.png

How does it look?

Great! Maybe you should change the colour of the subdivisions to make them more prominent or change the general colour to be an outline.