Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love the map, but it would be amiss to not mention that Lenin, for all his faults, protested even in death to the creation of a cult of personality around him. Lenin's image would be elevated following his death by the Bolsheviks, looking to turn him into a legendary hero to rally around. It was taken to an entirely new level under Stalin, who expanded the cult and sought to use the memory of Lenin as a ladder towards his own cult of personality.

The funniest part about it all is that Lenin and his wife wished for a quaint private funeral and for him to be buried quietly near his mother. Flash forward today and his corpse is still at the centre of all state ceremony and pomp, even when that state itself is the right-wing Russian Federation.

Here's a map of the rump CSA, a power in the former USA
upload_2019-11-22_0-52-35.png

Sad that You won’t do Sao Tome, it could be really unique.

Jewish Sao Tome expending into Rio muni and the Congo rainforest for its own lebensaurm when?
Never a good idea to use jokes involving lebensraum. Personally, I think something involving all the countries named after saints would work well.

Never a good idea to use jokes involving lebensraum. Personally, I think something involving all the countries named after saints would work well.

Oops yeah sorry i completely missed the relations when i was typing it, my bad, i'm ashamed now.

I didn't mean to say anything questionable, just trying to imagine a TL where the jewish convicts to Sao Tome survive and manage to rule the island within the portuguese empire, and then eventually get control of Rio Muni as portugal never lost it ITTL, after independance

As for countries with saint names, some would be in a gray area tbh
Like El Salvador, would it count? Same question for Trinidad and Tobago. Dominican Republic would likely count as it is named afted St Dominic, while Dominica wouldn't as it is named after sunday.

St Kitts and Nevits, St Vincent and the Grenadines, St Lucia, Sao tome and San Marino

Mostly islands, San Marino and Sao Tome will feel really alone...

Last edited:
As for countries with saint names, some would be in a gray area tbh
Like El Salvador, would it count? Same question for Trinidad and Tobago. Dominican Republic would likely count as it is named afted St Dominic, while Dominica wouldn't as it is named after sunday.

St Kitts and Nevits, St Vincent and the Grenadines, St Lucia, Sao tome and San Marino

Mostly islands, San Marino and Sao Tome will feel really alone...
Depending on how it goes, the Patrimony of St. Peter might count. For El Salvador the problem is more that it is named after Jesus. If you went with that you might also include the Solomon Islands or the Virgin Islands (technically independent states, at least the British ones), though Georgia isn't actually named after St. George so it doesn't come along. Israel might count, but that is getting into the Old Testament and now is named after the former country, rather than a person, I would say. Like how in the Anglophonic world Easter is not actually named after an ancient goddess. It is named after the month that was named after her. It is like how people celebrating American Independence Day are not celebrating Julius Caesar.

EDIT: Ahh, seems the Virgin Islands are named after St Ursula.

Last edited:
Sad that You won’t do Sao Tome, it could be really unique.

Jewish Sao Tome expending into Rio muni and the Congo rainforestwhen?

If he is too cowardly to do it, here is a three minute mock-up of a Sao Tome-wank, including Annobon and a small continental holding which joined with the islands because it didn't want to join the Kingdom of Kongo, which also just (re-)gained independence from Portugal.

Sao Tome Wank ala Bruce.png

I do all countries under 2 million, Bruce does all countries over 2 million, how about that? Except Latvia, for I requested that Bruce make a Latvia wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.