Another version of the good old theme: "lets turn a modern map into a WWI map"

View attachment 503550

Ah yes, the Central Powers.

-Germany
-The United Duchies of Posen, Silesia, Pomerania, and Prussia
-Austria
-Czechohungarukraintransylvakia
-Slovenia
-The Independent State of Croatia (which, as we all know, was ISOTed out of WWII)
-Vojvodina
-And the Ottoman Empire

Truly, one of the most formidable alliances in history.

Nah, it is not that bad. at least they got the coastlines right and some of the borders even correct (well, those who didn't change in the last ~120 years anyways)

A truly bad map is this "map of pearl origins in the world"

badpearls.jpg

This one only as a thumbnail that you can enlarge at your own risk, because it is that bad.

Now if your mind and eyes can bear it, I found another one. If not, don't enlarge the thumbnail.

badreddit.jpg

Well, if one had to say something good about that map, I guess it is still easily recognizable as a world map. (But maybe not our world map.)
Also they managed to label some countries correctly (albeit, not necessarily their borders)

A special charm point: The Caspian Sea is bordered by Kazakhstan, Pakistan and China. (Hey, they got over 30% correct!)

Deleted member 105545

Now if your mind and eyes can bear it, I found another one. If not, don't enlarge the thumbnail.

View attachment 503643

Well, if one had to say something good about that map, I guess it is still easily recognizable as a world map. (But maybe not our world map.)
Also they managed to label some countries correctly (albeit, not necessarily their borders)

A special charm point: The Caspian Sea is bordered by Kazakhstan, Pakistan and China. (Hey, they got over 30% correct!)
Ah yes, Pakistan controlling the Russian Steppes. Who could forget the great Pakistani Tartars?

Nah, it is not that bad. at least they got the coastlines right and some of the borders even correct (well, those who didn't change in the last ~120 years anyways)

A truly bad map is this "map of pearl origins in the world"

View attachment 503598

This one only as a thumbnail that you can enlarge at your own risk, because it is that bad.
I’d like to say something to make fun of this, but I don’t even know where to start.

View attachment 503643

Well, it looks like the Hashemites finally got their Kingdom of Arabia

Now maps of both World Wars.

The upper map of WWI is almost acceptable given that they painted over an obviously modern map. The hand drawn borders are not overly wobbly, had they remembered Alsace-Lorraine and North Schleswig and avoided that strange Montenegro Panhandle that separates Serbia and Albania this map would have gotten a passing grade. (not a good grade, mind you, just a passing one)

Unfortunately it seems that the printing press ran short on blue when they came to the WWII map...

badwars.jpg

In another thread the question was raised why so many animals in heraldry are depicted with weird proportions.

So I guess this is okay for a world map linked with heraldry.

And they haven't forgotten New Zealand, you have to give'em that!

badherldy.jpg