WIP Map Thread

This is my WIP map on a TL in which Archduke Charles of Teschen became the Emperor of Mexico. Butterflies ensured, 1848 still happened, amidst the chaos, the Austrian Habsburgs were rumored to intend to flee to Mexico, which discredited them and led to them being toppled. Germany unified under Frederick William IV of Prussia while Spain later came under control of the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringens. A war erupted between newly formed Germany and Russia which culminated in Russian defeat. Humiliated, the Russians later drived southward, defeating the Ottomans, Persians and became Central Asia-focused. Egypt quickly filled in the void left by the Turks and be counterbalanced by the Omani Empire. With the decline of Britain & France and a bit more luck in TTL, the Taiping Rebellion succeeded, driving the Manchus northward. During the retreat, Prince Gong managed to launch a coup and installed himself on the throne. His Northern Qing Empire quickly learned their lesson and industrialized. Meanwhile, Taiping China was increasingly becoming a hellhole.

At the beginning of the 20th century, these were the 5 most powerful empires: Habsburg Mexico, Hohenzollern Hegemony, Egyptian Caliphate, Omani Empire & Northern Qing. I plan to call this TL "Empires of the Four Corners", Egypt seems to represent the Middle Empire though lol.

Four Corners.png

Last edited:
I've made significant progress on the map I posted last, though I'd like some help determining whether or not I've made this area too crowded. Note - the picture is blurry because it is a screenshot of an area of the map as opposed to a direct upload.

screen_shot_2019_11_18_at_1_05_24_am_by_ozzysmapcorner_ddklq8d-fullview.jpg

upload_2019-11-18_16-42-38.png

Here's a wip of a 'land of chaos' world
2 things:
1. Yes, South America is a massive Colosseum
2. that is not a Nazi Germany (the exact opposite actually)

This is the updated version of the map;
tester 2.png

you will see that Africa has changed.
I found this map yesterday which prompted me to change it;
ozcegNGtsn9lSvwE9To7Bo2uKJNGSdasnFgTexQ4s_E 50 40.jpg

In the process of redoing the style of the GEACPS map, to match atlases from the late Japanese empire​

Hakko_Ichiu_Reborn.png
Looks nice, but in this situation I think Sichuan and Shaanxi would remain provinces. The Japanese do hold Chongqing and a fair portion of Shaanxi.

upload_2019-11-22_17-13-11.png

Here's a wip map of an Arabo-African Colonization of the Americas, but I don't have a name for the 2 continents (they're named differently ittl), so can y'all help with a name (the Aztec's are called Mexica or Atlantis)