Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Where does this map fit on the chart?

Well, it looks a bit like Mercator gone crazy so I'd put it as crazy evil

Meanwhile have some Facebook ad:

badfacebookad.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
Nah, I just chose two random errors, listing all of them in a single post would probably be too much.

Like how Iraq now has a coastline as wide as Kuwait.

Or notice that the Kaliningrad enclave is Yellow but Russia proper is blue. Independent Kaliningrad? Ukrainian? Maybe Swedish Königsberg? Who knows...

In the meantime have map projections in the AD&D alignment system.

View attachment 501975

Personally I would have placed Mercator as Lawful Evil but at least they got the 'evil' part right.

I’d switch Mercator and Gall-Peters (or maybe Mercator in Chaotic Neutral and the other neutrals moved one square to the left)

Mercator has issues but at least it’s useful for navigation

GP is just useful for being ugly but not ugly enough people won’t use it.

View attachment 501975

Personally I would have placed Mercator as Lawful Evil but at least they got the 'evil' part right.

This is hilarious, but I'd switch Gall-Peters and Mercator. At least Mercator is useful for navigation. I don't know any use for a map that makes Africa look like one of Salvador Dali's clocks.

EDIT: @Crazy Boris scooped me! I'll just "second" his statement.

Nah, I just chose two random errors, listing all of them in a single post would probably be too much.

Like how Iraq now has a coastline as wide as Kuwait.

Or notice that the Kaliningrad enclave is Yellow but Russia proper is blue. Independent Kaliningrad? Ukrainian? Maybe Swedish Königsberg? Who knows...

View attachment 501975

This is wrong. Obviously Gall-Peters is Lawful Evil.

I don't know much about maps - what's the issue with Gall-Peters?
The entire idea of "map projections that make the equator larger are white supremacist or eurocentric" is nonsense and I despise it. Japan and Russia were looked down upon during the early as barbaric or semi-barbaric despite being supposedly advantaged by maps. The Mercator projection was chosen not because they wanted to make Europe look large but because it was just useful. Eurocentric attitudes would have prevailed regardless of how the maps looked. This entire idea embodies the irrational parts of political correctness, that maps where the shrunken areas have a larger proportion of disadvantaged people somehow influences peoples' perception of those disadvantaged peoples. I'm not one to rail against political correctness but this is just too far.

Furthermore, not only does Gall-Peters look terrible, there are also much better and better-looking projections for preserving area.

The entire idea of "map projections that make the equator larger are white supremacist or eurocentric" is nonsense and I despise it. Japan and Russia were looked down upon during the early as barbaric or semi-barbaric despite being supposedly advantaged by maps. The Mercator projection was chosen not because they wanted to make Europe look large but because it was just useful. Eurocentric attitudes would have prevailed regardless of how the maps looked. This entire idea embodies the irrational parts of political correctness, that maps where the shrunken areas have a larger proportion of disadvantaged people somehow influences peoples' perception of those disadvantaged peoples. I'm not one to rail against political correctness but this is just too far.

Furthermore, not only does Gall-Peters look terrible, there are also much better and better-looking projections for preserving area.

So how does this fit into 'Lawful Evil'?

The Mercator projection makes Greenland look larger, so it must be made by Inuit supremacists!

Deleted member 107125

I personally think that Mercator is not Eurocentric myself, but I can see why people think so.
Long live the holy Winkel-Triple projection!