-Aztecs
-Muisca
-Inca
-Scotland
-Norway
-Sweden
-Denmark
-Portugal
-Spain (keeping it here since I count 1469 as the unification year)
-France
-HRE
-Poland
-Livonia
-Ottomans
-Korea
-China

First off, I asked this question before on the regular QBam map thread, and I was suggested to ask over here. For some time, I've been looking for a QBam map with the Arno and Rubicon rivers, which I'm sure I've seen before. I was wondering if there's such a map here or anywhere else. I can't comb through this thread to search for it at this moment.

unknown.png

New version of 1492 with internals for:
-Iroquois
-Aztecs
-Muisca
-Inca
-Scotland
-Norway
-Sweden
-Denmark
-Portugal
-Spain (keeping it here since I count 1469 as the unification year)
-France
-HRE
-Poland
-Livonia
-Ottomans
-Korea
-China

May I ask, where did you find the province/eyalet info for the Ottoman empire? I looked around a bit for that stuff in that timeframe, but could only find info for eyalets in the 1500s onwards. Also, what's going on with Mexico and Cuba? I haven't seen that characterization of those lands on a 1400s map before.

Crazy Boris

Banned
May I ask, where did you find the province/eyalet info for the Ottoman empire? I looked around a bit for that stuff in that timeframe, but could only find info for eyalets in the 1500s onwards. Also, what's going on with Mexico and Cuba? I haven't seen that characterization of those lands on a 1400s map before.

With the Ottomans, I literally just went around for info on every eyalet and found the ones that were around in 1492 :p

As for Cuba, I got the info for that from a map on AztlanHistorian’s deviantart, and the Mexico data was from a couple maps of Mesoamerica c.1500 (with Metzitlan independent from the Aztecs though, as that hadn’t happened yet.), I think one you can find on Wiki, and I can’t remember where I found the other one, but I think it was made by some university in Mexico?

Armorica (Brittany) wasn't completely bust at the time. It was under the Authority of the Kingdom of Cornwall, possibly under some King Drustan, which may be the historic figure behind the literary Tristan.
The whole "Tristan and Iseult" thing may be the attempt to establish an alliance with the Kingdom of Meath in Ireland, later transposed as a retelling of the classic love story of Diamart and Grainnè

Armorica (Brittany) wasn't completely bust at the time. It was under the Authority of the Kingdom of Cornwall, possibly under some King Drustan, which may be the historic figure behind the literary Tristan.
The whole "Tristan and Iseult" thing may be the attempt to establish an alliance with the Kingdom of Meath in Ireland, later transposed as a retelling of the classic love story of Diamart and Grainnè
Where did you get that from? I can’t find anything on it

Where did you get that from? I can’t find anything on it

Worlds of Arthur by Guy Halsall, Oxford University Press

The actual extent of the Cornish "Mark" is however open to debate. It could take only the westernmost tip of the Armorican peninsula, which is called Carnouaille, while the rest was possibly divided between two or three kingdoms.
If I said more, I'd step out of actual historic fact and slip into legend and speculation, so, in doubt, s Minor Celtic or Minor Gaulish outline may do.

Last edited:
Worlds of Arthur by Guy Halsall, Oxford University Press

The actual extent of the Cornish "Mark" is however open to debate. It could take only the westernmost tip of the Armorican peninsula, which is called Carnouaille, while the rest was possibly divided between two or three kingdoms.
If I said more, I'd step out of actual historic fact and slip into legend and speculation, so, in doubt, s Minor Celtic or Minor Gaulish outline may do.
Would you consider them just a tribe or an organized government? That’s really what makes it have color and/or borders on these maps

Would you consider them just a tribe or an organized government? That’s really what makes it have color and/or borders on these maps

That's the big question, as anything resembling an organized government was falling into chaos.
According to later and rather confused lore, and recent archeological discovery, there was at least an attempt to maintain a government structure in the form of tribal alliance and the careful repurposing of old Roman "Technology" (mostly pottery and silverware).
However, even in Roman times some local chieftains and stranded Generals tried to make up for the waning Imperial presence by organizing on their own; the most famous example was Macsen Wledig (High King Macsen) who was actually the Roman General Magnus Maximus. The Cornwall-Meath attempted alliance could be another example.

In light of this, I'd consider Armorica as close to a failed state trying to hold a government together, sort of like a post-colonial African state today. I suggest gray outlined with the Cornish color.

That's the big question, as anything resembling an organized government was falling into chaos.
According to later and rather confused lore, and recent archeological discovery, there was at least an attempt to maintain a government structure in the form of tribal alliance and the careful repurposing of old Roman "Technology" (mostly pottery and silverware).
However, even in Roman times some local chieftains and stranded Generals tried to make up for the waning Imperial presence by organizing on their own; the most famous example was Macsen Wledig (High King Macsen) who was actually the Roman General Magnus Maximus. The Cornwall-Meath attempted alliance could be another example.

In light of this, I'd consider Armorica as close to a failed state trying to hold a government together, sort of like a post-colonial African state today. I suggest gray outlined with the Cornish color.
I’ll patch it with the Aztlanhistorian patches