Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "F" stand for, then (I first thought of "Federal" or "Federalist")? How far to the right is TTLs Rick Santorum, and is he considered an outlier to the right of the party?
It stands for Freedom Party. Santorum is relatively right-wing but not quite far-right within his party

I think I'll make infoboxes for the parties tbh. This TL is supposed to be Patagonia-centered but doing a little US worldbuilding can't hurt

So in this timeline Hilary is Rockefeller republican esque like she was when she was young or was she like that but draws to the right?

barack obama jr.png

Are there any other National Bolshevist nations in this world? Who supports/is allied to North Kenya?
I haven't really decided yet, but North Kenya is probably considered a rogue state by most ITTL. They probably have a few allies though, probably Russia if anyone, as Russia is a fascist(ish) dictatorship. Not sure about who else though

Deleted member 107125

It actually is Netanyahu, he's just American and named Benjamin Mileikowsky ITTL because there's no Israel ITTL. Here's an infobox I made about him last night and was gonna post today anyway

View attachment 501039
I have so many questions-
  1. Why is there no Israel? What is the Middle East like?
  2. What’s Patagonian cuisine like?
  3. What’s Europe like?
  4. Is Brazil an Empire like it was in the ‘original’ timeline

I hate to point this out because I feel it's like counting grains of dust, but Punta Arenas is translated as Sands Point, not Sandy Point, Sand's Point nor Sands' Point.

I hate to point this out because I feel it's like counting grains of dust, but Punta Arenas is translated as Sands Point, not Sandy Point, Sand's Point nor Sands' Point.
"Punta Arenas (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈpunta aˈɾenas]; historically Sandy Point in English)"

"The name Sandy Point derives from the voyage of John Narborough in 1669-1671"

"The name Punta Arenas was derived from the Spanish term Punta Arenosa, a literal translation of the English name "Sandy Point""

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punta_Arenas

Why is there no Israel?
There's no Israel because there was no Holocaust, so Zionism didn't take off as much as it did IOTL. There's a decent Jewish population in Palestine though, and they enjoy full equal rights

What is the Middle East like?
It's rather different. Of course there's no Israel, but there's also no Saudi Arabia, with Rashidi Arabia and the Hashemite Kingdom of Hejaz replacing it. There's also an independent Kurdistan, and a number of border differences between the various countries to the point it doesn't really resemble OTL

What’s Patagonian cuisine like?
Probably a mix between OTL Welsh cuisine and OTL southern Argentine cuisine, albeit with less influence from northern Argentine cuisine, although Argentine cuisine is likely semi-popular due to Argentine immigration. There's also likely some Scottish influence in the cuisine

What’s Europe like?
Europe is quite a bit different, it would be easier if you specified which specific countries you'd like to know about

Is Brazil an Empire like it was in the ‘original’ timeline
Yes, it's an empire under the Orléans-Braganza dynasty, although the monarchy only holds symbolic power in the present day. Also Brazil has never had a successful coup ITTL and has very strong democratic institutions, so it's basically the most stable South American country along with Patagonia

It's rather different. Of course there's no Israel, but there's also no Saudi Arabia, with Rashidi Arabia and the Hashemite Kingdom of Hejaz replacing it. There's also an independent Kurdistan, and a number of border differences between the various countries to the point it doesn't really resemble OTL

Probably a mix between OTL Welsh cuisine and OTL southern Argentine cuisine, albeit with less influence from northern Argentine cuisine, although Argentine cuisine is likely semi-popular due to Argentine immigration. There's also likely some Scottish influence in the cuisine

Did somebody say Hashemite Kingdom of Hejaz?!!!! I love that. This makes me very happy.
I don't know why, I just REALLY like the kingdom of Hejaz (probably mainly because I like the borders)

Also, I would imagine a considerable amount of American influence in modern Patagonian cuisine if US fast food is even nearly as big a thing as OTL, though so far, I don't know what you have in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.