Speaking of Illuminism, I wouldn't mind having a chapter or two before we really focus on the wars to come to see how life is like in Illuminist Europe. We got plenty on America (which is the focus I know) and some on Europa but not really anything from Illuminist Russia. I think it's best we get to finally see what life is like on all 3 sides before they fully clash.

This. I really want a chapter on Illuminism or Illuminist Russia, Poland and/or Germany because we really don't know anything about Illuminism other than "It's the Enlightenment on steroids and it hates all religion but still has spiritual elements in it". The only reason I'm not rooting for these guys yet is because I don't know enough about them yet. Until we learn more I'll be cheering for my fellow Carolinians and the fascists.

*Quickly hides Ancestry.com results that show over 10% Irish heritage*

Just say its uh Scots-Irish, if it worked for Woodrow Wilson it could work for you...maybe..maybe not.

ORRA soldier: "It says here your ancestry test has over 10% Irish heritage. Care to explain this Infee?

Me: Uhhh... It's Scot-Irish ancestry?

ORRA soldier: Hmmm.... Ok move along. Welcome to the RU fellow Pinnacle M- Wait what is this Loomie propaganda doing in your suitcase!?!

Me: http://gph.is/2cNkOp8 *sweats nervously*

I agree with Darksider666, I’d love to see a chapter on Illuminism and more on what’s going on in the Illuminist nations.

speaking of Russian expansionism, I could see Illuminist Russia taking over some nations near its borders like Finland, Georgia, Armenia, Turkey, Afghanistan and Korea. However, I can’t see Russia expanded into more larger and powerful nations like the Persian Empire.

What’s also interest is that in Madness 1.0 Persia was a weak backwater, whereas in this version it’s a major regional power.

I just realized something. Does the RU have Gingers? (As in people with reddish/orange color hair.) Is having Ginger hair mark you as having Irish (Infee) genes or does the RU consider it a mark of "Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic/Scandinavian Pinnacle fluids"?

*Desperately shaves ginger-beard to be on the safe side*

I just realized something. Does the RU have Gingers? (As in people with reddish/orange color hair.) Is having Ginger hair mark you as having Irish (Infee) genes or does the RU consider it a mark of "Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic/Scandinavian Pinnacle fluids"?

I could see gingers being the butt of jokes like the OTL joke I've heard that gingers have no souls (oddly pertinent to TTL) but as long as one is of Scotch or English or other Better origin, you should be safe

This. I really want a chapter on Illuminism or Illuminist Russia, Poland and/or Germany because we really don't know anything about Illuminism other than "It's the Enlightenment on steroids and it hates all religion but still has spiritual elements in it".
For all we know, they might have some obsession with S P E E D and are essentially the unholy lovechild of radical Enlightenment thought and Italian Futurism/Red Flood's Accelerationism.

Just the fact that it was ignored mostly was implausible and made it seem like a convenient way to get rid of nations and fill in as much of the globe as possible so we wouldn't have to worry or write about them anymore. "Hey what about Afghan-oh it's Russia now." "Or what about Iran- oh Russia again".

Russia in WMIT 1.0: *violently conquers half of Eurasia*
Everyone else: Oh ok

Russia IRL: *reunites with a tiny bit of majority-Russian territory*
Everyone else: Wait, that's illegal

Use a tartan and you will be safe

The only reason I'm not rooting for these guys yet is because I don't know enough about them yet.
And 'cause Napo said they believe in sorcery, their form of government is basically "mob rule" and are church-arsonists that will kill someone only for holding a different opinion about religion.

I may be considered an Infee, but this timeline has to be the greatest I've ever read. Any tips on how to write a scenario like this?
I'd say if you're using a lot of parallelism find colorful characters OTL that you can either invert for shock value or who have negative qualities you can ratchet up. The real trick (that this TL nails in my opinion) is to counterbalance the seriousness with black comedy. If it's done poorly it can turn your TL into a farce but if used properly it can keep a solid dystopian story from tipping over into soul crushing bleakness.

I second Born In The USSA's comments. Scenarios like WMIT work because it knows it's silly but runs with that instead of trying to justify anything or claim it's anything but fun. There are many scenarios that try to take a ridiculous concept and play them as completely straight serious stories and thus fall flat. Others just become so ridiculous that it becomes cringe comedy. The original WMIT had its weaknesses but the Redux had allowed Napo to polish those flaws and create a truly amazing experience, winking knowling at it's audience the whole way

I may be considered an Infee, but this timeline has to be the greatest I've ever read. Any tips on how to write a scenario like this?

Write about something you got a real passion for/personal connection to, or if the main story thread isn't about something like that then integrate it along the way. And remember that the interactions between characters can do more than just move the plot forward, they can be entertaining in their own right.

Originally I'd believed that the Eurofascists would organize a Pearl-Harbor on the Europans to draw the RU away from South America and into the Old World, only for the scheme to backfire horribly.

Oooooh, now that would be interesting.

Imagine the Fascists turning on one another and ending up on different sides of the next world war. Potentially a cold war between alliances dominated by fascists versus another dominated by fascists; you know as part of the madness flavor.

Imagine the Fascists turning on one another and ending up on different sides of the next world war. Potentially a cold war between alliances dominated by fascists versus another dominated by fascists; you know as part of the madness flavor.

Arguably possible with West Germania. There's too much sectarian bad blood for the territory to ever be ruled by a Catholic administration again, whether of France or of the Second Bund. And I doubt Europa would want it reunifying with the East under any ideology to once again threaten Paris. So West Germania remaining independent is a deal Europa will take as long as it refuses to be a beachhead for an RU invasion, which may be a good deal for West Germania depending on how much pressure its rulers are under.

For all we know, they might have some obsession with S P E E D and are essentially the unholy lovechild of radical Enlightenment thought and Italian Futurism/Red Flood's Accelerationism.

Futurism would be a pretty effective organizing principle for Illuminist economics, the Beutelists already have more classically leftist approaches covered with their... I believe it was some form of syndicalism?

Imagine if the Russians adopt their own Economic Clan system! And start building their own Destiny Road to rival America's lmao. Really drive home the "they're Madder than they seem at first blush" point while also making them all the more efficient/dangerous. But it would have to be dressed up in layers of "workplace democracy/consultation" since the Illuminists got big off the backs of a labor revolt in the first place.

Last edited:
Arguably possible with West Germania.
I disagree over this. I don't think Kapp is pragmatic and/or rational enough to stay neutral and avoid the conflict. There is also the fact Kapp is probably too antisemitic to tolerate Napoleon V's protection of the french jewish comunity ( of course Napoleon V himself probably isn't a fan of Kapp's antisemitism)
However i can see England playing such a role considering it is not surrounded by hostile enemies unlike Germania

Sorry for the inactivity guys! Been not feeling great and also playing The Outer Worlds.

A lot of TOW seems like Madness in space. It wouldn't be hard to picture the Economic Clans replacing them and the game would still be basically the same. Lol

I disagree over this. I don't think Kapp is pragmatic and/or rational enough to stay neutral and avoid the conflict. There is also the fact Kapp is probably too antisemitic to tolerate Napoleon V's protection of the french jewish comunity ( of course Napoleon V himself probably isn't a fan of Kapp's antisemitism)
However i can see England playing such a role considering it is not surrounded by hostile enemies unlike Germania
Yeah but allying, even If unnofically, with Europa would mean being a de facto ally of Ireland, which would cause...…… issues, to say the least. On both sides.

Last edited: