But mullattoes being Better is directly contradicted by TTL's Marxist Eugenicism, and if he's wrong about that, what about all those irish that got "vaccinated"...

The RU is too far deep into the Betterness as set forth by Marx, verbatim. IMO it can't happen, unless you undo everything the RU stands for.

I disagree, the presence of race-mixing among the betters wouldn't necessarily destroy the Republican Union. For the last century, the R.U. has been bullshitting and adding shit/improvising along the way over time. Look at Spiritual Marxism for instance. That was never codified into American Fundamentalist ideology during the first half-century of the country, only gaining popularity and becoming canonized once Abe Lincoln's wife endorsed it and became mainstream around the rise of Custer. The Japanese becoming pinnacle men are also another thing the R.U. just made up along the way.

Scientific Marxism is certainly scientific-ideological dogma but the Americans in TTL have shown to be flexible with their ideology when it suits them. It's relatively easy once Steele is out of the picture around the 1950s that "Scientific Marxism has been updated with new recent discoveries" which are of course endorsed by the Oswald regime as Oswald is all about free love among the betters (I'd suspect if he does legalize race-mixing it's less because Oswald is just a good soul but just so if he's ever caught in one of his many affairs with say a black or japanese woman, it won't be as bad so it's self-preservation as well). They can still say Charles Marx was a guiding individual but was limited with the technology of his day much like new prophets come to spread new scripture, new science comes along to update pinnacle science.

If anything, I can see it being decriminalized at first before full-on legalization and even when it's legal, it may not necessarily be "endorsed" or "promoted" which can be a convenient way in-universe to explain the lack of mixed-race individuals by the 21'st century.

Then again, I may personally be biased in my opinion since i'm mulatto and so if blacks and whites can marry in the R.U./NUSA then it gives a higher chance for a Madness! counterpart of me to exist though i'm not sure that'd be a good thing.

And besides, a fascistic regime allowing race-mixing would just be another subversion of classical fascistic regimes of the 20th century and show just how different the Madness-Verse is compared to our world.

Anyways, sorry about all this rambling, I think i'll stop it right here before this gets any longer. I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily i'm just brainstorming a way it's possible.

I disagree, the presence of race-mixing among the betters wouldn't necessarily destroy the Republican Union. For the last century, the R.U. has been bullshitting and adding shit/improvising along the way over time. Look at Spiritual Marxism for instance. That was never codified into American Fundamentalist ideology during the first half-century of the country, only gaining popularity and becoming canonized once Abe Lincoln's wife endorsed it and became mainstream around the rise of Custer. The Japanese becoming pinnacle men are also another thing the R.U. just made up along the way.

Scientific Marxism is certainly scientific-ideological dogma but the Americans in TTL have shown to be flexible with their ideology when it suits them. It's relatively easy once Steele is out of the picture around the 1950s that "Scientific Marxism has been updated with new recent discoveries" which are of course endorsed by the Oswald regime as Oswald is all about free love among the betters (I'd suspect if he does legalize race-mixing it's less because Oswald is just a good soul but just so if he's ever caught in one of his many affairs with say a black or japanese woman, it won't be as bad so it's self-preservation as well). They can still say Charles Marx was a guiding individual but was limited with the technology of his day much like new prophets come to spread new scripture, new science comes along to update pinnacle science.

If anything, I can see it being decriminalized at first before full-on legalization and even when it's legal, it may not necessarily be "endorsed" or "promoted" which can be a convenient way in-universe to explain the lack of mixed-race individuals by the 21'st century.

Then again, I may personally be biased in my opinion since i'm mulatto and so if blacks and whites can marry in the R.U./NUSA then it gives a higher chance for a Madness! counterpart of me to exist though i'm not sure that'd be a good thing.

And besides, a fascistic regime allowing race-mixing would just be another subversion of classical fascistic regimes of the 20th century and show just how different the Madness-Verse is compared to our world.

Anyways, sorry about all this rambling, I think i'll stop it right here before this gets any longer. I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily i'm just brainstorming a way it's possible.

It's one thing to add on, another to directly contradict something already added to AFC and held as high truth to the tune of tens of millions of dead irish and mexicans. The RU is already firmly committed by the Immolation and Cleansing Month. Oswald, however, probably won't care, but he may be unwilling to poke and bend racial marxism too much lest someone poke around his ancestry...

Also, I wouldn't want to have a madness counterpart, especially considering what Oswald did to the American Blacks in 1.0... or the inevitable nuclear war or RU-victory purity spiral.

Like if you're going to lose West Germania,
Honestly i can see the RU abandoning Germania to its destiny. Considering how badly the war against Gran Colombia and its allies is going, i doubt Steele will be able to help Kapp's regime. I imagine he will simply say that Germania's persecution of jews makes it unworthy of being a RU's ally rather than simply admitting he is unable to help one of his fascist allies however

If the European fascists start facing a serious defeat, there could even be wholesale evacuation/deportation. Like if you're going to lose West Germania, might as well take as many of the people as you can and plant them where they're needed.

It seems pretty likely that they will face such a defeat. West Germania, being a tinpot fascist dictatorship, won't want to let Germany remain disunited; and East Germania is not going to let West Germania conquer it. And East Germania has a big friend.

Russia is a country of absolutely enormous potential. In OTL, a powerful and united Germany, after successfully conquering most of the European continent, fought Russia. Russia had suffered under years of Stalin purging the best and brightest, wrecking the country's infrastructure and infusing it with paranoia, turning its army into a hollow shell deprived of its best commanders. In addition, Stalin, in possibly his stupidest of many stupid decisions, trusted Hitler not to invade; so, despite defectors frantically warning the Russians that the Germans were coming, Stalin ignored them, and thus the Germans attacked with total strategic surprise and made huge advances into Russian territory with incoherent opposition and destroyed much of the Russian air force on the ground. It's hard to exaggerate how cataclsymically badly Stalin's amazing combination of incompetence—blind paranoia towards his own men, and blind trust towards (of all people!) Adolf Hitler—sabotaged the Soviet Union's war effort; if not for Stalin, the USSR would be much better off. It was pretty much the best set-up for the war that Russia's enemy could possibly have in any universe. Those were circumstances so unbelievably contrived to make Russia likelier to lose that if any fiction/AH author came up with them, we'd hold our noses and laugh at them for years for such a ridiculous extreme piece of wankery.

And yet even with all of that, Russia still won.

Russia is the graveyard of empires. A reactionary, rural, tsarist wreck is unlikely to live up to that potential, but a united industrialised Russia in the modern age is extremely strong. In TTL, if the European fascists fight a war against the Illuminists, they'll lose. If the fascists and the Europan monarchists form some kind of grand right-wing alliance and they fight a war against the Illuminists with all the strength of Western Europe behind them…? Guess what. They'll still lose. It's difficult to exaggerate how bad an idea it is to fight a total war against Russia anywhere in Europe. (In East Asia it's rather different because (A) the Chinese have an even higher population than the Russians, and (B) most of the Russian population and industry are in European Russia and the flow of men and war materiel to Asian Russia is highly constricted by supply lines.) So if the fascists, the monarchists, the Supercatholics and the rest of Europe's factions want to beat each other up while leaving Russia and her allies undisturbed, that's one thing; but if they start poking the bear, they are going to really really REALLY regret it, when their armies are broken in the snows and then the tanks roll through Berlin, Rome, Paris, whichever Darwin-Awards dipshit was dumb enough to start a war they definitely can't win.

It's one thing to add on, another to directly contradict something already added to AFC and held as high truth to the tune of tens of millions of dead irish and mexicans. The RU is already firmly committed by the Immolation and Cleansing Month. Oswald, however, probably won't care, but he may be unwilling to poke and bend racial marxism too much lest someone poke around his ancestry...

Also, I wouldn't want to have a madness counterpart, especially considering what Oswald did to the American Blacks in 1.0... or the inevitable nuclear war or RU-victory purity spiral.
“As fah as ah know, wev’wend, a Pinn’cle man of realleh good fluidation lahk ah am can fahk ev’weh man ah’ve got. Ah’ve already slept with King’s wahfe, piteh on him, but suhe theh’ll still chant meh ALL HEHL! So if ah am you, you’d better relent and pleasuwe youwself too, befohe the kids get aneh funneh ahdeahs and staht camping in the Blahnd Gentleman’s headquahtehs.”

“Sir, I still don’t see how it even remotely conne-“

“Don’t get meh wong, thehe won’t be guns in the CoJ, but kids these dehs... will claim whateveh was foh them, obedehntly so, or otherwise. You’d not want be iwwelevant, eh? You would not want bricks inside the first church, would you? C’mon, you’ve made so much wev’lations it’s suweleh easeh foh you to mehke new one.”

Last edited:
“As fah as ah know, wev’wend, a Pinn’cle man of realleh good fluidation lahk ah am can fahk ev’weh man ah’ve got. Ah’ve already slept with King’s wife, piteh on him, but suhe theh’ll still chant meh ALL HEHL! So if ah am you, you’d better relent and pleasuwe youwself too, befohe the kids get aneh funneh ahdeahs and staht camping in the Blahnd Gentleman’s headquahtehs.”

“Sir, I still don’t see how it even remotely conne-“

“Don’t get meh wong, thehe won’t be guns in the CoJ, but kids these days... will claim whateveh was foh them, obedehntly so, or otherwise. You’d not want be iwwelevant, eh? You would not want bricks inside the first church, do you? C’mon, you’ve made so much wev’lations it’s suweleh easeh foh you to mehke new one.”
I feel like I’m experiencing a stroke trying to read this

I feel like I’m experiencing a stroke trying to read this
It’s not as if you’d not get one from the less accented Americans with the stupid shits they believe in...

Which lended me to another idea:

~~~NEWSFLASH!!!~~~

Oswald pwoclaims the Ahll-Amewicahn English, to be used in ahll medah and fohmal settings fwom NOH ON.

(as it was pronunciated by the radio announcer fearing for his life.)

I'm going to use what I know so far of the Warhammer 40k lore to determine which faction is like the other. I may be inaccurate in some of them, but I'll try to make sure the comparisons make sense. The Imperium of Man: There are many key players of the Madness-verse that have many of the elements of the Imperium. First off, the RU is perhaps the most alike to it. Xenophobia taken past 11? Check. A militarized state where everything is for the survival and expansion of the state? Check. A populace so brainwashed it would make 1984 look like a coloring book? Check. An all-powerful church that's the lovechild of Minitrue, Miniluv, and the Vatican? Oh, so much checks for that. There are some key differences though. For one, if your a Better of course, you would have a pretty gosh-darn good life ahead of you in the RU, unlike the dumpster fire that is the Imperium of Man. Europa, the Rheinbund, and Austria-Hungary have aspects of this as well. I feel that the diverseness of Europa's colonial forces both before and after the Second Great War could reflect the diversity of units in the Imperial Guard, while the whole SuperCatholic and Pope Mussolini business in Europa and Austria-Hungary reflects the power of the religious hierarchy and such of the 40k universe. For the Chaos Forces, that would be the Beutalists, since they are anarchists with the whole "liberation through chaos" thing. The Orks could generally be just about everyone in the RU to an extent, although they could especially apply to Czar Viktor, with his bloodlust being just about near legendary (he did kill the messenger literally after all). The Tau would be the Illuminists, since their goals are just barely more justfied then the RU's Immolate all Inferiors campaign, the Europan and Austro-Hungarian's efforts to regain their power, and the Beutalists goal of total anarchy. While they are proponents of Enlightenment ideals, they really have taken it too far. That's all, what do you folk's think?

I feel like Europa and the non-fascist monarchies are more in line with the Aeldari, once great empire almost destroyed by their own hubris and clinging to the glory days of old

Honestly i can see the RU abandoning Germania to its destiny. Considering how badly the war against Gran Colombia and its allies is going, i doubt Steele will be able to help Kapp's regime. I imagine he will simply say that Germania's persecution of jews makes it unworthy of being a RU's ally rather than simply admitting he is unable to help one of his fascist allies however

Originally I'd believed that the Eurofascists would organize a Pearl-Harbor on the Europans to draw the RU away from South America and into the Old World, only for the scheme to backfire horribly. Nap's since stated that the upcoming wars will remain mostly separate, so that's seeming less likely. The great trial the Eurofascists end up going through may be generational change, figuring out how to replace their Strong Man founders (Churchill will be very old come the 40s and 50s, and Kapp died of cancer in 1922 at age 63 OTL) with people who can also keep their states together and capably serve Oswald's future aims.

It seems pretty likely that they will face such a defeat. West Germania, being a tinpot fascist dictatorship, won't want to let Germany remain disunited; and East Germania is not going to let West Germania conquer it. And East Germania has a big friend.

Russia is a country of absolutely enormous potential. In OTL, a powerful and united Germany, after successfully conquering most of the European continent, fought Russia. Russia had suffered under years of Stalin purging the best and brightest, wrecking the country's infrastructure and infusing it with paranoia, turning its army into a hollow shell deprived of its best commanders. In addition, Stalin, in possibly his stupidest of many stupid decisions, trusted Hitler not to invade; so, despite defectors frantically warning the Russians that the Germans were coming, Stalin ignored them, and thus the Germans attacked with total strategic surprise and made huge advances into Russian territory with incoherent opposition and destroyed much of the Russian air force on the ground. It's hard to exaggerate how cataclsymically badly Stalin's amazing combination of incompetence—blind paranoia towards his own men, and blind trust towards (of all people!) Adolf Hitler—sabotaged the Soviet Union's war effort; if not for Stalin, the USSR would be much better off. It was pretty much the best set-up for the war that Russia's enemy could possibly have in any universe. Those were circumstances so unbelievably contrived to make Russia likelier to lose that if any fiction/AH author came up with them, we'd hold our noses and laugh at them for years for such a ridiculous extreme piece of wankery.

And yet even with all of that, Russia still won.

To add to this, Russia's friends bring quite a bit to the table. Between them, East Germania and Poland make up most of the population/industry/resources/area of the former Nordreich, and, owing to the indigenous origins of their revolutions, they are allies and not puppets. So even before getting to Russia, an invader from the west will have to chew through states/armies/partisans who actually want to block those advances and have the resources to do it, all while buying Russia time to mobilize and send help. A Barbarossa-style surprise is completely impossible. I certainly wouldn't consider the Eurofascists a match for the Illuminists any way, but it really seems like even a united Catholic bloc would run into trouble. I don't think Napoleon I even had a Russian campaign TTL, Britain's self-destruction simply made it so a proper coalition would be impossible and Nap worked things out with the Tsar at the World Congresses. So as far as anyone TTL knows, the most recent example of an invasion of Russia is... the Great Northern War. Yikes. But there's still ways for a Catholic-Illuminist war to end in something other than an Illuminist win:

1) Catholics win with the help of collaborators. It beggars belief, but somehow the Nazis were helped along by thousands of Soviet volunteers (a separate category from the POW-slaves) for their war efforts. And this continued as late as Vlasov's defection in 1944, even as the Nazis were whomped on every front. Why? Certainly few (if any) believed in the Nazi ideal for Russia-- but it seems they instead believed Germany could be used now and discarded later, or that it would be possible to give a right-wing Russia a place within a fascist continental order. Hypothetically, if the Germans had not aimed for Slavic genocide (even if it would contradict Lebensraum) and been more capable of taking advantage of anti-Stalin or anti-Soviet sentiment, at the very least these Russian SS units could have perhaps been quite a bit larger and more capable of independent action...

Unfortunately, von Braunau hates Slavs near as much as OTL because of his experiences in the war against Viktor. Napoleon V may be able to restrain this tendency, but we still have no idea if he even regains meaningful supremacy over the Germans again. But if somehow they're able to present a united front and appeal to the submerged Russian right-wingers on the basis of restoring religiosity and the collaborative spirit of the World Congresses, they can at least leave behind a Second Russian Civil War even if they are forced to evacuate. Internal dissension, whether tarred with the "collaborationist" brush or not, is the biggest threat to Illuminist survival. Signing Brest-Litovsk never stopped the Bolsheviks from taking over Russia. And while the USSR was never successfully invaded OTL, it never needed to be.

2) Catholics win/stalemate by opening up a secondary front. The Persians are probably the most useful short-term (can support Muslim revolts and make vast swathes of the Russian hinterland ungovernable, can force Russia to split its forces, can link up with Europa for a joint offensive on Stalingrad or something) but useless long term (the void opened up in Northeast Asia by a Russian collapse can't be filled by Persia, and presents a golden opportunity for RU expeditions out of Japan). The Chinese are still a smouldering wreck but at least hold the promise of being an effective block on RU ambitions in the East... someday. But I think opening up new fronts would ultimately be less helpful than it sounds: an alliance of Europa with a religious rival and/or with a country that feels itself to have been used by the Westerners and then left to Viktor's furies will never be the most sustainable of arrangements. Inevitably poor coordination (partly out of the massive distances involved, partly out of submerged hostility) in any permutation (EU-PR, EU-CN, EU-PR-CN, EU-RU) of anti-Russian alliance gives the Illuminists all the more latitude for action.

Naturally, these both require various degrees of "rolling 20s" on the part of Paris. It may be that Russia, along with Brazil/South America generally, have important roles to play postwar as serial frustrations to the Big Two and as inspirations to the oppressed peoples of Africa and Asia.

Last edited:
I wonder if Russia is going to go the way of WMIT 1.0 and just start gobbling up all the Muslim states and leave Europe mostly to itself. I rather like the idea that while Russia isn’t as great a player on the world stage as the Soviet Union was otl, it’s still on of those weird not-ally/not-enemy doing their own weirdness that you can never really take your eye off for too long

I wonder if Russia is going to go the way of WMIT 1.0 and just start gobbling up all the Muslim states and leave Europe mostly to itself. I rather like the idea that while Russia isn’t as great a player on the world stage as the Soviet Union was otl, it’s still on of those weird not-ally/not-enemy doing their own weirdness that you can never really take your eye off for too long

I agree that a Russia less involved with European affairs and more focused on Asia and Middle-east is more interesting, but honestly given that their is a Illuminist Scare in Europe and Russia is allied with several states in Europe like East Germany, it seems a major war in the east is inevitable. I will disagree however on Russia just gobbling up all the muslim states. That was one of the most ASB moments in WMiT 1.0, the sheer monstrosity Russia was by the 2000s in that TL was just silly, if Russia got that big, it'd be public enemy #1 globally especially after annexing Iran.

Just the fact that it was ignored mostly was implausible and made it seem like a convenient way to get rid of nations and fill in as much of the globe as possible so we wouldn't have to worry or write about them anymore. "Hey what about Afghan-oh it's Russia now." "Or what about Iran- oh Russia again".

Edit: for context, here is a map of the world in 1.0's 1960 tell me that Russia could be this big with nobody caring really.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Russia eating everything was pretty ASB and was more just pondering if that nonsense was going to make a repeat rather then longing for it to return.

Part of the reason I’m hoping Russia doesn’t get involved in Europe is because I worry doing so will just make the world of WMIT feel too similar to otl with the world divided between America and Europe with France squeezed into irrelevancy. I think the best we can hope for is a “Socialism Illuminism in one country” style leader to rise to power and let the Western world burn itself to death white they perfect making every man a god....until some idiot goes and forces their hand

I think the best we can hope for is a “Socialism Illuminism in one country” style leader to rise to power and let the Western world burn itself to death white they perfect making every man a god....until some idiot goes and forces their hand

Speaking of Illuminism, I wouldn't mind having a chapter or two before we really focus on the wars to come to see how life is like in Illuminist Europe. We got plenty on America (which is the focus I know) and some on Europa but not really anything from Illuminist Russia. I think it's best we get to finally see what life is like on all 3 sides before they fully clash.

Speaking of Illuminism, I wouldn't mind having a chapter or two before we really focus on the wars to come to see how life is like in Illuminist Europe. We got plenty on America (which is the focus I know) and some on Europa but not really anything from Illuminist Russia. I think it's best we get to finally see what life is like on all 3 sides before they fully clash.
Would be kind of hilarious if Illuminist Russia, the boogy man of the RU and Europa, turned out to be one of the nicer places to live.

“Yeah, their method of atheism enforcement might be a bit dickish but on the upside, no one is trying to liquidate you and your community because of your genes. Yeah, The illuminati party may be the only legal party allowed to hold office but they have many internal factions you can vote for in your local council. Yeah food price are heavily controlled but it’s only not packed with brain damaging drugs”