[THIS IS CONSIDERED NO LONGER CANON]

ddihbri-2d4f9340-85b1-4008-809b-e204a843c890.png

Last edited:
[THIS IS CONSIDERED NO LONGER CANON]
(we'll see if I get to update it to the current version...)

Argentina Independence.gif

18081: situation of the Viceroyalty of River Plate before the Schism.

18082: after Ferdinand's arrival to New Spain, Spanish officers in the Americas are forced to decide their loyalties. Santiago de Liniers, Viceroy of River Plate, declares his loyalty to Charles V due to the animadversion the porteños have towards the British after the invasions of 1806/7. The Portuguese begin an invasion of the Eastern Missions with Ferdinand's approval.

1809: local authorities in the Upper Perú, under theoretical rule from Buenos Aires, defect to the Fernandist camp. The comercial elites of Buenos Aires, damaged by the British blockade, organize a coup against Liniers, installing Montevideo Governor Francisco Javier de Elio, sympathetic to the Fernandist cause, as the new Viceroy. The event will be known as the June Revolution.

1810: Liniers retreats to Córdoba with his followers while most of the Province of Buenos Aires accepts the new viceroyal authority. The departure of Elio to Buenos Aires left a vacuum in the city of Montevideo, that elects a Cabildo to govern itself and appoints Joaquín de Soria as governor without consulting the capital. The Province of Potosí declares for Ferdinand. In Santiago de Chile, partially inspired by the events in Buenos Aires, the local criollos depose the Captain General and install a Junta that recognizes Charles V as the legitimate King.

1811: viceroy Elio organizes an army to subjugate the Province of Missiones with Portuguese help. A detachment is sent north to pacify the Province of Asunción del Paraguay, which has sent letters rejecting the new viceroyal authority, while another one occupies the Eastern Bank of the Uruguay and besieges Montevideo. The Junta forces in Chile defeat the authorities and occupy the region around Santiago.

1812: northern Chile falls to the Junta of Santiago. The victory over Viceroyal and Portuguese Forces emboldened the Paraguayan criollos to celebrate a Congress in Asunción, gaining track the independentist ideas sponsored by Doctor José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia. The Congress decided to declare Paraguay an independent republic and notified Carlist Governor Bernardo Velasco, who, overwhelmed and dependent on the support of criollos, is forced to accept a triunvirate with Doctor Francia and Juan Valerian Zeballos.

1813: southern Chile falls to the Junta of Santiago, while the province of Potosí is also occupied by a Chilean army. Paraguayan forces manage to liberate the northernmost Guaraní Missions from the Portuguese. The army of Viceroy Liniers advances towards Buenos Aires, capturing the city of Santa Fe.

1814: the Fernandist Army of the Plate sent from the Viceroyalty of Perú pushes Chilean forces out of Potosí and begins to invade the Province of Salta. Liniers' army retakes the region between the rivers Paraná and Uruguay, but is unable to push into Buenos Aires. The Eastern Bank of the Uruguay continues under Elio's control, except for the city of Montevieo, that resists the siege.

18151: Elio's forces suffer a devisive defeat and Liniers' army manages to cross the Uruguay. Unable to sustain the situation, Fernandist forces retire from Montevideo as Elio's authority collapses outside the surroundings of Buenos Aires.

18152: when the news of the final defeat of Napoleon and Charles V's renounce to Spanish America arrive, Liniers' authority collapses. The main cities suffer revolutions that put cabildos in charge. In Córdoba, Liniers' is deposed and an assembly of deputies of every province is called by the newly constituted revolutonary Junta. The Eastern Bank of the Uruguay, under the government of the Junta of Montevideo, choses the prestigious officer José Gervasio Artigas, from the militia regiment of the Blandengues, as the replacement of Joaquín de Soria. Paraguayan forces continue pushing to Portuguese-occupied Missiones. The Junta of Santiago declares the independence of Chile as a republic.

1816: Elio is deposed by a popular revolt in Buenos Aires as the Army of the Plate reconquers the Province of Salta. Alarmed, the Junta of Córdoba flies to the capital and rebrands itself as the National Junta of the United Republic of the River Plate, declaring independence. The celebration of the Assembly is postponed until all the provinces are free to elect representatives, a move that doesn't sit well in Entrerríos, Corrientes and the Eastern Province.

1817: a new army, led by the newly-arrived and British-supported revolutonary José de San Martín, is organized by the National Junta in Buenos Aires and sent north to repel the Army of the Plate. Artigas' Eastern Army liberates the southern Missions from the Portuguese forces, and the caudillo proposes a pact to Paraguay and the provinces of Entrerríos, Corrientes and Misiones to defend federalism in the future Constitutional Assembly.

1818: the Army of the North obliterates the Army of the Plate, liberating Salta. The advances of Artigas lead the Portuguese to seek an armistice with Paraguay, dividing northern Misiones with them and recognizing their independence. Artigas and the federals accept Paraguayan independence.

1819: Fernandist authority collapses in Upper Perú, no new attempts to restore Bourbon control over the country will be carried out. The National Assembly is convened in Córdoba under the tutelage of the popular General San Martín. Altough the representatives favoring a federal organization are more numerous, unitaries manage to pass the division of the extense province of Córdoba into multiple ones to achieve a unitary majority, causing the representatives of Entrerríos, Corrientes, Misiones and Eastern Bank to walk away. The Unitary Assembly sends a letter to Artigas demanding him to subject to its authority and to put the Eastern Army under its control, but Artigas, still at war with the Portuguese and fearing plans to sideline federalism, rejects. This is considered the end of the Argentinian War of Independence, and the beginning of the Argentinian Civil War.

Last edited:
I just want to say that the Southern cone indépendance timelapse was awesome! Can’t wait for the Argentinian civil war update.

Regarding Most Read Item No. 3, that's interesting:

What is "Grün30"? Some climate protection/CO2 reduction plan in Germany, I would assume, with a deadline of 2030? And this is based on nuclear power to what extent?
Do German Greens ITTL support nuclear power instead of oppose it? Or does Germany use "Grün30" as the codename of an atomic bomb project or something?

Also, why does Germany think Russian uranium is their best bet? Especially in the light of this:
With Russia relations can be quite strained due to her sense of being barred from Europe by Germany, but the consensus is to try and reapproach Russia. Japan, on the other hand, has quite warm relations with Germany due to its involvement in the pacific being minimal, contrary to the UK and US. German influence in the Hispanosphere pales compared to the anglo powers as I said, but Spain has been growing closer to Germany since the later half of the 20th century and it is hoped it can become the German gate to South America.

What is going on in the Congo - could Germany buy uranium from there (or from somebody else), too?

I just want to say that the Southern cone indépendance timelapse was awesome! Can’t wait for the Argentinian civil war update.

Thanks, I'll get to it soon I hope!

I really enjoy your posts! Please do continue!

I was refering to the US Antebellum situation, I'm not quiting, sorry if I made that impression:coldsweat:

I'm not really sure where I am taking the US, sometimes I envision a thing, then I end up finding it ridiculous and change my mind but the new situation is very cliché, then I think wanting a non-cliché is a cliché... Which is frustrating because I cannot cover the modern US until I make up my mind on the lore, and being one of the superpowers it has repercusions in the wider world.

I wholeheartedly agree with both of these.
In fact (almost?) all of your graphics look great and the history is very interesting.

Thank you very much!

Regarding Most Read Item No. 3, that's interesting:

What is "Grün30"? Some climate protection/CO2 reduction plan in Germany, I would assume, with a deadline of 2030? And this is based on nuclear power to what extent?

It's the nickname of the German program to achieve CO2-neutral electricity generation by 2030, fundamentally by expanding the nuclear power up to 80% of the current capacity, with renewable sources covering the rest.

Do German Greens ITTL support nuclear power instead of oppose it?

German Greens? I don't know who you're talking about.
OOC: there're no "Greens' per se, in the sense of 'party built around environmentalism'. Most environmentalists do not oppose nuclear energy, but most in the SPD and the DAP oppose Grün30 on the grounds of the employment destruction it will cause in the German coal mining sector.

Or does Germany use "Grün30" as the codename of an atomic bomb project or something?

You sound like an Inselaffe warmonger...

Also, why does Germany think Russian uranium is their best bet? Especially in the light of this:

Major uranium sources are either in the UK (Canada, Australia, Cape) or its sphere (Katanga), the US, China, Germany, Bohemia, Ukraine and Russia. The UK and US will not supply uranium to a direct competitor, China is more or less self-closed to the West, and domestic concerns over the extent of ores in Central Europe and Ukraine have led to the police-makers in the Reich to secure access to the huge deposits Russia has (OTL, Kazakhstan is the first producer of uranium ore). German public and private investment into the Russian mining sector is one of the ways they are attempting to reapproach, indeed.

What is going on in the Congo - could Germany buy uranium from there (or from somebody else), too?

OTL Congo deposits are ITTL pro-British Katanga and its production is bought entirely by the British government. Russia is simply the easiest way, given they are the largest producer and it will help create economic ties between the countries.

Why do North Peru, South Peru, Acre and Greater Bolivia dish out a draconian sentence like life in prison for homosexuality? What makes them so illiberal on LGBTQI+ issues?, @Onerom ? Are these nations extremely authoritarian or even totalitarian?

How did India and Nigeria have legalized the LGBTQ civil unions? What are the important reasons that India, Nigeria, and other countries like Ghana and Ethiopia had become safe haven for LGBTQ people?

And, why the Ottoman Empire become the most unsafe country for LGBTQ people? What are the important reasons how did the Ottomans viewed LGBTQ negatively?

Why do North Peru, South Peru, Acre and Greater Bolivia dish out a draconian sentence like life in prison for homosexuality?
What makes them so illiberal on LGBTQI+ issues?

Perú, Cuzco, Acre and Charcas are right-wing dictatorships, and part of the official doctrine in these countries is a strict illiberal interpretation of Catholicism.

Are these nations extremely authoritarian or even totalitarian?

Yes, they are.

How did India and Nigeria have legalized the LGBTQ civil unions?

As multicultural countries, since independence the main political factions have tried to emphasize secularism and inclusiveness to try and bridge the differences between distinct ethnoreligious groups and avoid strife. As collateral result, less religious societies have been more open to tolerance of homosexuality.

What are the important reasons that India, Nigeria, and other countries like Ghana and Ethiopia had become safe haven for LGBTQ people?

Basically that, policies aimed at promoting interethnic tolerance have also bred tolerance for homsexuality.

And, why the Ottoman Empire become the most unsafe country for LGBTQ people? What are the important reasons how did the Ottomans viewed LGBTQ negatively?

The system of the Ottoman state is based upon religious identification in millets, and as such it has remained a highly religious country into the 21st century. The Head of State is also Caliph of Islam, so it isn't strange that religious doctrines dictate the policy of the state. The map can be misleading because each millet has its own laws, and not all of them punish homosexuality, but the law governing inter-millet cases does imply life-senteces to offenders.

Fascism
ottomans literally legalized homosexuality in 1858 and accepted a trans woman singer in the 1970s, what changed

*Pretends to have known it all along* Yes, but in the aftermath of the defeat in the First Balkan War, there was a huge discredit for the pro-modernizing faction and a general rollback of reforms and openness, and the state became increasingly repressing and bent on religiosity as a means of tighting together peoples that had little in common. I may have to retcon this now that I know this, but my general idea was for the Ottoman Empire to reject modernity in an attempt to avoid weakening.

ddd53rq-5d17ed81-c4a7-46dc-be4c-017872e80648.png

upload_2019-11-3_19-52-23.png

Last edited:
*Pretends to have known it all along* Yes, but in the aftermath of the defeat in the First Balkan War, there was a huge discredit for the pro-modernizing faction and a general rollback of reforms and openness, and the state became increasingly repressing and bent on religiosity as a means of tighting together peoples that had little in common. I may have to retcon this now that I know this, but my general idea was for the Ottoman Empire to reject modernity in an attempt to avoid weakening.

fair point

I may have to retcon this now that I know this, but my general idea was for the Ottoman Empire to reject modernity in an attempt to avoid weakening.
In fact, despite the hostility of Islamic clericalists to homosexuality, they accept trans-humans. In fact, there are more sex reassignment operations in the Iranian Republic than in Europe. Perhaps this is due to tribal remnants, when the "bigender" people had a sacred status.

Last edited:
In fact, despite the hostility of Islamic clericalists to homosexuality, they accept trans-humans. In fact, there are more sex reassignment operations in the Iranian Republic than in Europe. Perhaps this is due to tribal remnants, when the "bigender" people had a sacred status.
It's not anything to do with tribalism. It's because in Iran if you are homosexual instead of executing you they give you the opportunity to become the opposite sex (only applies to men) to make you in theory straight. In Wahhabi Sunni Islam, which would be the dominant force in Turkey at this time as it was developed in the Ottoman Empire, trans people were either arrested and made to accept their biology as Allah intended or be punished