Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

The flags are interesting as the flag used for Poland is the Russian naval cross with the polish arms in the canton.

As for scandinavia i can see the Danish and Swedish flags but can't tell which one the third flag is to represent. I'm assuming Norway?
Yeah, the saltire was one of the proposed Norwegian flags.

Hi all,
Found this as a result of a comment in the Borderpool thread;
3-1-1.png

This is only part of a VERY detailed map for the peace deal proposals.
Site also has maps on American boundaries 1607-1927
http://dsl.richmond.edu/historicalatlas/89/?sidebar=toc&legend=hidden

Hi all,
Found this as a result of a comment in the Borderpool thread;
View attachment 499210
This is only part of a VERY detailed map for the peace deal proposals.
Site also has maps on American boundaries 1607-1927
http://dsl.richmond.edu/historicalatlas/89/?sidebar=toc&legend=hidden
Can you link? I haven't heard of Borderpool before. Also, this reminds me that we do need to get someone to go through the various documents and maps the CIA released. Maybe also make a thread about borders and treaties decided with incorrect maps.

Here's a Worlda version of that
View attachment 499098

Kinda, sorta. The internal boundaries are important.

The map suggests that Sweden would hold Finnish Lappland.
Ahhh yes, I see where it says Lapland. Maybe referring to Laponia the province, rather than the Lapps as inhibiting the area as we sometimes see in maps on indigenous peoples? And I would say it is Norrland here. As it is still used to refer to a Swedish region, the Wikipedia page doesn't have the appropriate map, though Svealand, Österland, and others do. Actually a bit odd I can't seem to read the word Denmark on here. Tough luck for Lithuania, as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Österland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laponia_(historical_province)

Not Necessarily a single proposal, but i looked at the list of separatist movements on Wikipedia. And thought, "hey, this sounds awf- I mean fun to map"

So I made this, some of them contradict, and some had like no info on what borders they actually claimed, or what the new nation would actually be called (I also didn't do stuff like Castile and England seceding from Spain or the UK because come on.)View attachment 492017
I like this, but if you revise it, you should include all current and former members of the Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization, most of which you have shown already.

Deleted member 123260

I just saw this in the Map Thread and thought it worth showing here. It's apparently the aim of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party - "Natural Syria".

The SSNP is apparently still active in Syria today but they've basically abandoned those goals by this point.

However it would be interesting to see what can be done with this sort of country. What resources would it have and how high could you get it's GDP if you run it well enough?

Deleted member 123260

No, it's based on the Neo-Assyrian Empire's borders.

The SSNP (used to) claim that since Syria is "named" after Assyria, then they have the right to claim those borders.

Dumb justification, good borders.

Like that is a really good map and I love the way it looks. I love the borders and I love to think about it's position on the map. It's kind of like at the center of the Middle East and, if you think about the Middle East as a sort of Center of the World, it is directly at the center of the world.

Ya know what would be cool? Building a space elevator in the center of the map and calling it the "Tower of Babel". It's a pretty badass name I know.

Dumb justification, good borders.

Like that is a really good map and I love the way it looks. I love the borders and I love to think about it's position on the map. It's kind of like at the center of the Middle East and, if you think about the Middle East as a sort of Center of the World, it is directly at the center of the world.

Ya know what would be cool? Building a space elevator in the center of the map and calling it the "Tower of Babel". It's a pretty badass name I know.
you're just asking for trouble if you name something after the Tower of Babel, though :p