Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Hey guys, I'm probably new to y'all, and so are you to me. I happened to find this site and this particular chat because of my combined interest of history and maps. I use many of your maps you already made for map games I do with others. Doing so I got more and more experience on editing and making QBAMs. Scrolling through this chat I found a few maps relating to the 1648 date (a date in history that interests me), I combined and edited those maps to a complete map of the world (including the same colour code you use in many maps, the HRE and everything else). Take a look at it if you want and tell me my mistakes (if any).View attachment 492429
Europe 1648.png

I have been updating the subdivisions of a few of the countries in Europe, as well as the English Civil War powers that were present towards the end of the 30 years war. I also added the HRE patches that Baguette added in

Snipped paragraph post I wrote on sources

So I looked through ollie’s updated India video (the one sharklord1 linked) and I was really pleasantly surprised - it’s a vast improvement over his old one, and way more accurate. I cross checked his new maps with all the sources I trust (the atlas I linked earlier, plus scavenging through wikipedia looking up the dates/areas of “countries” I wasn’t sure about. I’ve only looked through about 500 to 1200 AD so far, and for the most part it all checks out. The only glaring issues I’ve seen so far is his rendition of the far southern tip of India in the classical era - there’s so many states there with too much detail which I can’t verify with other sources.

As always, take it with a grain of salt, but perhaps only a tablespoon of it rather than enough to keep the streets of NYC from freezing over. I personally have the shapes of some of the countries slightly differently, but they’re only slight adjustments - the overall position and rough extent of his renditions all line up with other sources.

I still have many, many problems with his maps of Central Asia, Africa, and pre columbian America, but at least this one is good now!

Is there a specific place where all of this stuff is being organized chronologically? If not, I could put something together for that.

I've been told to post this request from another QBAM thread, but here goes:

Hey, could someone kindly make a map of Europe and northern Africa in 1796 using the SUCK color key? I'm currently making an election game starting in 1796, and I need an in-depth map of Europe at the time (roughly January 1, 1796). I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hey, could someone kindly make a map of Europe and northern Africa in 1796 using the SUCK color key? I'm currently making an election game starting in 1796, and I need an in-depth map of Europe at the time (roughly January 1, 1796). I'd greatly appreciate it!

What Qbam Thread?

I made one from the 1760’s a while back, I think I can fix it up for your purposes when I find some spare time