Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Hopefully, the lack of a backlash against Haruhi enables the original author to wrap up the light novel series, since several plot threads were left unresolved. The way I see it, the whole masquerade would've been broken eventually, most likely in the way Kyon himself envisioned in the series, and a few main characters would've died as well, with Asahina being the most likely casualty - her adult version wants to break the stable time loop responsible for her own existence, after all.
Dunno the suprise part 2 i was unable to read it and was so short print is very expensive.

How they could continue in Japan HS second year is beyond me... Kyoani shooted themselves in the feet with the endless eight

What if Facebook still exists? But had to compete with other similar websites like MySpace and LiveJournal? Instead of just curb-stomping them by the 2010s?

As a side note. I've had this idea for an ASB timeline where from 1955 to 2015, every unfortunate, sudden, or tragic celebrity death is prevented, from James Dean to James Horner.

Would anybody like to see this as a future side project?

As a side note. I've had this idea for an ASB timeline where from 1955 to 2015, every unfortunate, sudden, or tragic celebrity death is prevented, from James Dean to James Horner.

Sure, that sounds neat. I'd love to see Bruce Lee live longer.

Some did kiled themselves, example Sid Vicious and Amy winehouse

Here's something I've been thinking about for a while...

Which direction would Disney take if they had been owned by the following....

Rupert Murdoch

Donald Trump

Ted Turner

Berry Gordy

Sir Richard Branson

Barry Diller

or...

Jim Henson

The only ones with money to buy disney are Murdoch, Turner, or Sony, the rest is beyond their paygrade
Not Disney in the 1970s or 1980s. The House of Mouse had to fight off numerous takeover attempts by larger companies during that time and spent decades making underperforming movies, many of them critical failures as well as commercial flops (*cough* The Black Cauldron *cough*). Depending on the time period, quite a few of these guys could have bought them out, notable exceptions being Henson and Trump, both too poor in the '80s to afford buying out an entertainment company as large as Disney. (According to Wikipedia, Trump lied to Forbes about his net worth in 1982, saying he was around $100 million when he was actually around $5 million.)

@Nivek
@HeX

So basically, Eisner was the only logical choice for that era?
Michael Eisner didn't buy out Disney--he was made CEO. Sorry if I misconstrued your question, there.

Ok, so if there was just Frank Wells and no Eisner, would things at Disney be slightly different?
Oh, definitely. Eisner literally built the modern day Disney behemoth. It was he who led the charge to buy ABC and ESPN, turning Disney from a one-trick pony to a media empire. I think the studio would have been more stable under Wells (as in, there wouldn't have been the extreme highs and lows that characterized Disney under Eisner), but it also would've been much less of a go-getter, and would likely remain just a movie studio fused with the theme park industry. (The Disney Cruise Line was another of Eisner's ideas, so that's a no-go here, too.)

I only ask if anyone else besides Eisner was a good fit to pull Disney out of its 70's & 80's slump because I've been thinking of rebooting American Magic for a while.

Thought of Jim Henson because his agent (or attorney) Bernie Brillstein claimed that Jim was interested in buying the studio a year or so before Eisner came aboard.

Part 1: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/leg/?legacyasppage=News-ID115360.asp
Part 2: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/leg/?legacyasppage=News-PID115360-115361.asp

Thought of Nolan Bushnell because of claims made IOTL that he was a huge Disney buff or what have you.
https://www.micechat.com/169196-season-pass-podcast-nolan-bushnell-tea-summit-day-one/