Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

It is and you’re absolutely correct! Great visual image
I've got to think that's it's highly unlikely that command is going to allow any attack birds to go weapons free that close to Berlin. What's the chances that the unit's training cycle just happened to have hot aircraft prepped for some evening gunnery training? Maybe if they were closer to the border, TTL's version of the Bundesgrenzshutz might bail them out, but here I think they're dependent on the police, who are also out on the search. Does the First Foot have a reaction force with choppers?

Chances are they are armed with what ever the current issue weapons are, even US state side SAR carry weapons when they go because its part of their kit. They also would have at least a +5 alert bird ready to go out even if its only a transport that they can load a armed team on. And the 800 pound gorilla in the room is the fact that Kiki is out on a mission and they might not have 1st foot, but the Hellcats would be out there with everybody. Kat would not let that go by after the first instance of it in Berlin. You are not going to have any one overt with them but who knows where the people in the teams orginally came from. The US military maintains alot of SAR capabilities around the country that are ready to go IOTL and I cannot see the Germans not having armed military units ready to go.

This could show that Germany has glaring shortcomings in responding to active terrorists attacks and that there is a need to form an unit that will have responsibility on the federal level.
If this is an attack directed at Princess Kristina then there is going to be outraged reaction against the terrorists but there will be those while decrying the methods will also say that they can "understand" the reasoning for the attacks and there may be growing support to that position.
Kiki may find that it she gets thru this that she is going to have the options of staying on base and not going on anymore missions and if she goes off base then it is only with a heavy protective detail, transfer to a hospital ship that is going to the Pacific, stay at one of the palaces and only going out of them with heavy protective detail.

More good stuff. Wagner is pre POD, so Ride of the Valkyries is very much around.
I see a serious concern with Germany's space program. It has to shut down for the monsoons.

FBKampfer

Banned
I bet Kiki's height saved her. Mitzi looked shorter than the rest and so got shot at (or rather would have been shot if she hadn't moved).

Hm. Well, pistols against rifles isn't the worst, but close. They probably have the magazine in their sidearms, and at best two extra magazines, with one being more likely.

What is going to tell us how organized this attack is if the group firing the same caliber of weapons.
If this group is just basically using whatever weapons that they found in "Daddy's closet" that will show us that this is still amateur hour.
After the assassination attempt on Empress Kira there should have been a crackdown on illegally obtained firearms and that should made harder to get them on the black market but probably there still plenty of Russian weapons floating around.
if they are using the same type of firearms then that means that they are more organized and financed then previously thought and that is going to mean that this terrorism will spread to more parts of Germany.

For all those who are interested, Union Berlin is playing Hertha BSC on FS1 now.

Final Score: Union Berlin 1 Hertha BSC 0

Last edited:
Part 97, Chapter 1545
Chapter One Thousand Five Hundred Forty-Five

26th February 1963

East of Ortrand, Saxony

Once the shooting started, Kiki found herself yelling orders at Anton as he called for help and even as rifle bullets were flying past, they were told that even with assets in the area it would be some time before help arrived. Looking at the team, she knew that the attackers wouldn’t be content in shooting at the trees where they were sheltering in for long and whoever they were, they would figure out that the best tactic would be to just rush them eventually. There were only six of them and five rifles. None of them had figured that they needed more than a single magazine. This was a search and rescue mission, not a war. The only exception to that was Kiki having a couple extra magazines for her pistol, when she had put the belt on around her coat those had been included because she had not thought about it. The thought raced through her mind that something would need to be done and no one else there to do it for her.

“Valentin, Mitsi” Kiki said, getting their attention, “I need you to protect Anton. Rolf and Ingo come with me, if you can see any of them start shooting when I give you a signal.”

With that Kiki was on her feet running while trying to keep as low as possible through the trees at a right angle to the direction that the rifle fire was coming from. The shooting continued. Turning in that direction Kiki slowed as she moved towards what she hoped was the flank of their attackers. Rolf and Ingo, originally trained as paratroopers, were spaced out the proscribed distance. Moving through the underbrush in a crouch, Kiki heard more shooting and saw a couple of them. They had old bolt-action rifles left over from the Second World War after a minute they paused to reload. She couldn’t help but notice that they were laughing and joking. This was just a game to them and that filled Kiki with anger. Pulling her whistle out from under her coat she closed her lips on it even as she took careful aim with her pistol. Blowing a long tweet with the whistle, she fired two shots both center mass on the two shooters she could see. Then she was running forward, taking two additional shooters by surprise. The sharper sound of Rolf and Ingo’s rifles filled the air as they took shots at the shooters who found the tables had been turned on them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It had been going so well, until it wasn’t. The team that they had lured into this isolated stretch of forest resembled the one that they had been told to watch out for according to their contact in Grünewald who had seen them get off a helicopter that had landed near there. A few hours later, they came walking through the forest occasionally calling out the name of the nonexistent sightseer who had been reported missing. All that was left was waiting for her to reveal herself. For some reason Mithras thought that she needed to be eliminated and they had spent months coming up with this plan, even arranging for a dozen Mosin-Nagant rifles to be delivered to them. The problem with it, as they discovered, came in the from of heavy winter clothes that obscured details.

As Alexis had watched, one figure was shorter than the rest was walking towards the back of the group and the shape of the body under the coat was doubtlessly feminine. Alexis took aim and only to see the figure vanish at the same instant he fired. The others opened fire as the group that they watched went to ground. The others shot at where the group had been for a minute and Alexis figured that this was probably ineffective. So much for the revolution, he thought sourly to himself.

Alexis was about to yell at the others to cut it out when he heard someone blow a whistle and shooting that sounded different came from his right and in front of them. Turning he saw three figures attacking his group and the others in his group started running from them.

“Get back here!” Alexis yelled at them, “We still outnumber them.” Then he saw one of the others go down, shot through the head. For a few seconds Alexis froze with indecision as he watched the others run. They had left him no choice but to follow. Alexis had taken no more than a few steps when he felt like if his leg had been hit by a piece of lumber and it collapsed underneath him…

----------------------------------------------------------------

As the sound of approaching helicopters filled the air, Kiki was disgusted by the situation that she found herself in. She found herself having to treat wounds that she had very likely inflicted.

“Swine” Kiki hissed at the man, little more than a boy really, who had been shot through the thigh and Kiki was trying to keep him from bleeding out before additional help arrived. “I never hurt anyone before today, and you caused this.”

For some reason the man was filled with rage when she said that. “You are lying you Hohenzollern whore” He yelled sitting up, “I was there when you shot Andreas and…” He was cut off when Ingo ground the heel of his boot into the leg with the hole through it. Kiki saw that his face was pale with pain and he was desperately trying not to scream.

“Stop it Ingo” Kiki said calmly, “If he goes into shock he could die and that would be bad.”

“Yes, Ma’am” Ingo said as he stopped, then he crouched down until his face was only a few millimeters from the man’s. “This is what happens when you fuck with the Green Devils.”

The man seemed to wilt when he heard that.

“I’m not one of the Green Devils” Kiki said correcting Ingo.

“That’s crap” Ingo said, “That counterattack was the sort of thing that the great Katze herself would have done.”

Kiki noticed that none of the others disagreed with him.

“Yes, Ma’am” Ingo said as he stopped, then he crouched down until his face was only a few millimeters from the man’s. “This is what happens when you fuck with the Green Devils.”

“That’s crap” Ingo said, “That counterattack was the sort of thing that the great Katze herself would have done.”

These comparison will never end unless Kiki makes them.

they are more organized and financed then previously thought and that is going to mean that this terrorism will spread to more parts of Germany.
The thing is Germans at this time have very little to actually be dissatisfied about, so the pool of "revolutionaries" would be rather small.
While a few radicals, fanatics and other malcontents will always be found, we also have to remember that few people would actually go so far as to actually be willing to take a life. And fewer still to risk everyting, including their life, for a Cause. And then even fewer that are even reasonably competent with firearms and explosives, and even less with actual competent insurgency and guerilla tactics.
Just throwing money at a problem would not solve the issue.

Chapter One Thousand Five Hundred Forty-Five

As the sound of approaching helicopters filled the air, Kiki was disgusted by the situation that she found herself in. She found herself having to treat wounds that she had very likely inflicted.

“Swine” Kiki hissed at the man, little more than a boy really, who had been shot through the thigh and Kiki was trying to keep him from bleeding out before additional help arrived. “I never hurt anyone before today, and you caused this.”

For some reason the man was filled with rage when she said that. “You are lying you Hohenzollern whore” He yelled sitting up, “I was there when you shot Andreas and…” He was cut off when Ingo ground the heel of his boot into the leg with the hole through it. Kiki saw that his face was pale with pain and he was desperately trying not to scream.

“Stop it Ingo” Kiki said calmly, “If he goes into shock he could die and that would be bad.”

Well she has now stepped into really good. She has not only performed extremely well in a foreign war, she is now stepping it up by successfully leading a counter attack against a terrorist attack on a SAR mission and capturing at least one if not more than one of the attackers. Great Katze indeed will be proud of one of her kittens. When will Kiki get her Pour Le Merit?

Great Katze indeed will be proud of one of her kittens.
Kat is going to want something stronger than tea between juggling this and her pet ninja.

Still, after things settle a bit, I could see Kat snagging Kiki for some leave at her island house.

Some guards hand-picked by Kat along for the ride, of course.

If the prisoner blabs about the attack on the boat Kiki could be in trouble for not reporting it correctly and she may even blame herself for not giving her supposed overreaction enough attention, which might have prevented the bombing.

On the other hand, the sources that tipped the terrorists of about Kiki both times will be in hot water.

If the prisoner blabs about the attack on the boat Kiki could be in trouble for not reporting it correctly and she may even blame herself for not giving her supposed overreaction enough attention, which might have prevented the bombing.

On the other hand, the sources that tipped the terrorists of about Kiki both times will be in hot water.

There will be an investigation. Alexis will not reveal much I feel. I doubt they will find Mithras. It will be almost impossible to find Mr. Big.

Was the death penalty eliminated for treason?

Kiki's dangerous :) More like, she has plenty of experience in emergency situations, so her training kicked in.