The VT-BAM project

Ive been watching this thread for a while and it seems like Russia could use some work, id like to attempt Sakhalin Oblast

Edit: i'll do Mari El as its unclaimed
Edit 2: i'll also claim Nizhny Novgorod, Chuvashia, and Mordvinia
Edit 3: @Klime could i have the "special data files" for EuroRussia you were talking about earlier? I also claim Ryazan, Kirov, and Udmurtia
Edit 4: last edit i claim Ulyanovsk, Saratov, and Penza

Last edited:
Volga Ural wip.png

Borders finished

The orange marks urban areas, and the US (and Canada) have more levels of administrative divisions (usually 1 more but Canada is complicated) which are not required for the map to be complete, but would be nice to have if people have the time to do them.
There are a number of other countries like this but the extra levels are usually extremely complicated (France and The Czech Republic for example)

I claim the Municipalities of the USA and all of Canada except Quebec
Edit: and the rest of unclaimed Russia

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
Go for it. The reason that I didn’t put them in when I did it before was because in the US especially the municipalities are mostly eldritch horrors that cannot possibly be mapped with any accuracy at this scale. The northeast is relatively tame, but the rest of the country not so much

What does one need to make maps for this project? I want to collaborate and I don't know what you guys are using to get subdivision borders and such.

I'd absolutely be willing to do Hawaii's municipalities if no one has done them yet.

Last edited:
Here we have the sixth of the Seven Sisters, the penultimate Indian state, Assam.
Assam - Finished.png

Progress North.png
Progress South.png

I went on Wikipedia, only France has fifth and sixth administrative divisions

Also, in the VT-Bam templates in the Zip file, red lines means first level, yellow lines means second level, green lines means third level, blue lines means fourth level, violet lines means fifth level?
Which zip file are you talking about? And can you please post a download link?

Hey guys, I came by just to say keep it up the good work, this map is at a good completion state and I wanted to congratulate everyone who's been involved in this project, you're great!