Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

In any case ill probably end up waiting for a few DLC to come out for CKIII before picking it up. I dont mind the complexity CK2 has built up over the years and anything outside it would feel just a bit shallow to me

In any case ill probably end up waiting for a few DLC to come out for CKIII before picking it up. I dont mind the complexity CK2 has built up over the years and anything outside it would feel just a bit shallow to me

Me as well...I have my eye on Jade Dragon and Sons of Abraham at the moment, as well as some music. Horse Lords looks intriguing too.

Because who plays muslim amiright?

Um...I do? ;)

Have any of you good folks noticed the new layout on the steam startup page? Opinions?

They went full eugenics.

CK2's players are doing it already - but despite the eugenics thing, the fact that now non-vassal relatives on foreign thrones grant more prestige than owning a lot of land, blobbing won't be as prevalent now, hopefully.

CK2's players are doing it already - but despite the eugenics thing, the fact that now non-vassal relatives on foreign thrones grant more prestige than owning a lot of land, blobbing won't be as prevalent now, hopefully.
I'd say that it might push people to look more for what they can get out of marriages and not limit themselves to which genetic traits they can get. The ideal of course would be to find a marraige that not only can give a you a Genius but also allow you to get another crown in the family.
Nothing will stop players from blobbling.
Yeah, painting the map is just too satisfying at times. There is just something very nice about seeing a huge empire on the map and thinking "That's mine!"

I have a weird bug, almost every character gets the traits possessed, lunatic, leprous and cancer at a far higher rate than normal. (basically 70% of all adults have these traits).
Has anyone an idea, what could have caused this bug?

Now that CK2 went free to play I may consider playing it, although I'm not that eager to use Steam.

Either way I will give it a try around Chrismas (when I will have more free time). If I really like it I may even buy a DLC or two, although since none of the major mods require DLC this may wait.

Now that CK2 went free to play I may consider playing it, although I'm not that eager to use Steam.

Either way I will give it a try around Chrismas (when I will have more free time). If I really like it I may even buy a DLC or two, although since none of the major mods require DLC this may wait.
Get the basic DLC. The game isn't fun until you have some of the major content packs.