Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Still you need to have paths like that to be realistic, all countries have one crapsack path.
yeah, and tbh I just want to play it to see how bad things can get. I love craptastic paths like Pelley's AUS or Burnham's CSA in American Totalists. Its so much more fun than another successful democracy.

yeah, and tbh I just want to play it to see how bad things can get. I love craptastic paths like Pelley's AUS or Burnham's CSA in American Totalists. Its so much more fun than another successful democracy.
IDK, for me there are 2 kinds of craptastic paths. The ones that are fun and the ones that just make me feel like an asshole. Pelley's AUS is firmly in the second camp. I still went through it real quick just to see what happens, but that's about it.

Yeah, me to. Thats my thoughts on it.

On that note, outside of the Commonwealth AUS what do you all thing is the most craptastic path in the game right now?
The Iron Guard is pretty up there.

Turkestan could go full ISIS in Darkest Hour (their events are actually in the HoI4 mod too, but they never fire because whoever made them bungled up all the event flags and nobody bothered to fix it)

On that note, outside of the Commonwealth AUS what do you all thing is the most craptastic path in the game right now?
In terms of damage to the wider world? Definitely a Sorelian/Jacobin France, the Russian State, or NatPop Japan. All three would be nasty revanchist/militarist dictatorships with jingoistic foreign policies and great military strength.

Last edited:
Brief summary?
upload_2019-10-30_12-10-21.png

upload_2019-10-30_12-11-16.png

Turkestan could go full ISIS in Darkest Hour (their events are actually in the HoI4 mod too, but they never fire because whoever made them bungled up all the event flags and nobody bothered to fix it)

Ah, Darkest Hour KR. Back when Men were Men, Women were also Men, and the Kaiserreich Dev-team was made up of nothing but generous, handsome Gods among men.

That I was (to a minor degree) part of that team should have no bearing on my statements of the past.

I mean if I recall the Turkestan Caliphate predates ISIS in terms of updates but I could be wrong.

You are right. It even predates the Darkest Hour game. It was in the mod at least before the May 2010 version, the earliest iteration of the mod I could find from my hard drive.

EDIT: If there's any interest, this is Kaiserreich 1.2 for DDA (HoI 2 Doomsday Armageddon) released on July 24th 2010, just for everyone's research purpose.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I wonder where they got so many T3 Christe tanks.

Dunno. It's supposed to be a CSA armoured group on a country road so domestic production?

I don't agree with a lot of the equipment choices that are in place for the various American factions (or a lot of nations as a matter of fact) as far as the world building is concerned, so I can overlook the designs.

Dunno. It's supposed to be a CSA armoured group on a country road so domestic production?

I don't agree with a lot of the equipment choices that are in place for the various American factions (or a lot of nations as a matter of fact) as far as the world building is concerned, so I can overlook the designs.
I think that could easily be done as submods tho, its not to important that they should take resources away from country devs to fill out name lists for guns for all the nations that can/do exist. Im sure a mod for 'fixing' name lists does exist tbh

I think that could easily be done as submods tho, its not to important that they should take resources away from country devs to fill out name lists for guns for all the nations that can/do exist. Im sure a mod for 'fixing' name lists does exist tbh

Oh I'm not suggesting it should be anywhere on the list of things that need to be done with.

I'm just saying that what has been chosen falls between head scratching to downright lazy.

yeah it is weird that the CSA names a tank the Patton I think

That's bad, my main gripe is all the "Lore" that some devs tried to add into equipment. Just stick with names and pictures, try to establish a lore (especially for stuff after the start of the game) and it's just going to piss me off.