Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

Yeah, just to clarify, it's just an idea we chatted about. I'm quite busy with irl stuff at the moment, so there's not much chance of it happening immediately or anything. Planita here was just wondering if people like the idea.

Here's something someone in the mod community made. Not necessarily 'canon' but a cool thing nonetheless.

Basically, a Chinese movie poster for Full Metal Jacket, since obviously in TWR it was Nationalist China that fought against the communists in Vietnam.

vrsnkp0hs4q31.png

credit to /u/GimmeTheHealth on reddit

Apparent translation, thanks to GimmeTheHealth

Top: In Vietnam, The Wind Doesn't Even Blow, It Sucks

Bottom: Full Metal Jacket

"Full Metal Jacket" is a film approved by the Republic of China and Chinese KMT Party for screening. Any screening in Vietnam is a illegal action and will be punished. Screening in the Mongolian Territory, Shanxi Province, Shaanxi Province and Sinkiang is a illegal action and will be punished.

The Republic of China, the Chinese KMT Party and President Chiang Ching kuo has any and all authority when punishing violators of the above warnings.

Last edited:
Some fan content from the HOI4 mod community - credit to u/Ringus_Von_Slaterfis:

oquiabtjhdr31.png

(I guess, don't consider it canon, but an interesting concept for the TWR world nonetheless)

Panic spread throughout the Luftwaffe as the Abwere reports on the American B-47 was being discussed among general staff In response to the threat poised by the Amerikans, the Luftwaffe scrambled to find a potential interceptor, least German become another Japan. This interceptor was found in Messerschmidt's design department.

Originally thought up by Franz Bessler, an engineer commissioned to draft up potential aircraft designs, the Luftwaffe saw not only a defense against nuclear strikes by the Toronto Accord, but also a mean to equip their new air-to-air Komet missiles, and ensure the Luftwaffe maintains its aerial dominance on the European mainland.

Unfortunately for the Luftwaffe, the FB-800 was not the wonder it was hoping for. Due to a rushed production, many design flaws were persistent. Test pilots often complained of controls that would be sluggish for one moment, and then suddenly overcompensate. Other times, test-pilots reported a shaking sensation whenever the plane reached above 45,000ft, (15240). And in typical Nazi fashion, the safety of the pilot was questionable at best.

On three separate occasion, the oxygen system to keep the pilot lucid failed, resulting in one test-pilot losing consciousness, and crashing. It is unknown on whether or not he survived. Along with a faulty oxygen system, the ejection mechanism was full of problems. The canopy did not remove itself when tested, and the cockpit had to be refitted to make room for the parachute

Anderson, Conrad. "Aryan Skies: The rise and fall of the Luftwaffe's jet aircraft" Philadelphia Holden Publishing, 1989

Original post - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/comments/df5a0b/an_idea_i_had/

Some fan content from the HOI4 mod community - credit to u/Ringus_Von_Slaterfis:

oquiabtjhdr31.png

(I guess, don't consider it canon, but an interesting concept for the TWR world nonetheless)

"... Panic spread throughout the Luftwaffe as the Abwere reports on the American B-47 was being discussed among general staff In response to the threat poised by the Amerikans, the Luftwaffe scrambled to find a potential interceptor, least German become another Japan. This interceptor was found in Messerschmidt's design department.

Originally thought up by Franz Bessler, an engineer commissioned to draft up potential aircraft designs, the Luftwaffe saw not only a defense against nuclear strikes by the Toronto Accord, but also a mean to equip their new air-to-air Komet missiles, and ensure the Luftwaffe maintains its aerial dominance on the European mainland.

Unfortunately for the Luftwaffe, the FB-800 was not the wonder it was hoping for. Due to a rushed production, many design flaws were persistent. Test pilots often complained of controls that would be sluggish for one moment, and then suddenly overcompensate. Other times, test-pilots reported a shaking sensation whenever the plane reached above 45,000ft, (15240). And in typical Nazi fashion, the safety of the pilot was questionable at best.

On three separate occasion, the oxygen system to keep the pilot lucid failed, resulting in one test-pilot losing consciousness, and crashing. It is unknown on whether or not he survived. Along with a faulty oxygen system, the ejection mechanism was full of problems. The canopy did not remove itself when tested, and the cockpit had to be refitted to make room for the parachute

Anderson, Conrad. "Aryan Skies: The rise and fall of the Luftwaffe's jet aircraft" Philadelphia Holden Publishing, 1989..."

Original post - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/comments/df5a0b/an_idea_i_had/

Panic spread throughout the Luftwaffe when Abwehr reports of the 'American B-47' were presented to the General Staff. In response to the threat posed by the Amerikans, the Luftwaffe scrambled to find a potential interceptor, least Germany face the same fate as Japan. This interceptor was found in Messerschmidt's design department.

Aircraft engineer Franz Bessler, was commissioned to draft up potential designs for the Luftwaffe. The general staff demanded an aircraft that could not only defend against nuclear strikes by the Toronto Accord; but be fitted with the new air-to-air 'Komet missiles, a weapon designed to ensure that Germany maintained it's aerial dominance over the European mainland.

Unfortunately for the Luftwaffe, the FB-800 was not the 'wundnerwaffe' it was hoping for. Due to a rushed production, many design flaws were persistent. Test pilots often complained of controls that would be sluggish one moment, and then suddenly overcompensate the next. Other times, test-pilots reported a shaking sensation whenever the plane reached above 45,000ft, (15240). However, in typical Nazi fashion, the safety of the pilot was of little concern and questionable at best.

On three separate occasions, the oxygen system to keep the pilot lucid failed, resulting in one test-pilot losing consciousness, and crashing. It is unknown whether or not he survived. Along with a faulty oxygen system, the ejection mechanism was full of problems. The canopy often failed to remove itself when tested, and the cramped cockpit had to be refitted to make room for the parachute.

Anderson, Conrad. "Aryan Skies: The Rise and Fall of the Luftwaffe's Jet Aircraft" Philadelphia Holden Publishing, 1989.

I like this post a lot, just fixed a bit of the grammar (I assume English might not be the user's first language :))

It sounds so believable.

Last edited:
I gotta say this all looks great. Best AH I've ever seen.

Thanks!

Might as well take this opportunity to say - sorry for the lack of... stuff at the moment really. This has been and continues to be a very busy time for me, lots of things to sort out, early deadlines one after the other, that sort of thing. I'm not gone! I work away on the HOI4 mod when i have bits of time, and I think about TWR all the time. One day I'll be back and make more maps and things, thanks for all your patience!

Thanks!

Might as well take this opportunity to say - sorry for the lack of... stuff at the moment really. This has been and continues to be a very busy time for me, lots of things to sort out, early deadlines one after the other, that sort of thing. I'm not gone! I work away on the HOI4 mod when i have bits of time, and I think about TWR all the time. One day I'll be back and make more maps and things, thanks for all your patience!
It's all good. We've all seen the massive amounts of work you and your team have put into the TWR mod, and we fully anticipate its release.

Thanks!

Gotta say no real patience on my end. I discovered this thread a few days ago and have bean leisure-reading my way through it(when procrastinating not doing homework). I am a History Major who dabbled a bit in WWII and AH always fascinates me. I just finished reading through it today and if I could, I have a few comments/suggestions:

1. The USA dropping 11 Nukes on Japan is actually really realistic. Japan did not originally surrender just because of the nukes(it was a REALLY big straw but not the only one that finally broke the camel's back). The Soviets had just invaded Manchuko(Japanese Manchuria) and Japan found themselves not only in a losing war but on a losing war on two fronts, and were terrified of the soviets. In this timeline, as the soviets had fallen, they only had the US to deal with. While I am conflicted on how many bombs it would take to make Japan surrender, eleven would absolutely do the trick.

2. President Mac-Arthur actually makes sense. In OTL he was decently popular before he thought he could win the Korean war by nuking the Chinese-North Korean Border to prevent the Chinese from sending more reinforcements. He was fired when he tried to go over Truman's head to get permission for the nukes. In this timeline where he is never disgraced, I can totally see him replacing Eisenhower as a general who has little experience in domestic politics becoming President. Like Eisenhower I can imagine him running as a republican but acting like a democrat all but in name. Also given his absolute War-Hawk nature, it would encourage the Nazis to surrender to the AU invasion as they are scared Eisenhower, who has espoused a liberal-nuking policy(just like OTL) and likely encouraged and defended the 11 Nukes of Japan(and perhaps was the general trying to convince FDR or Truman to launch more if Japan still doesn't surrender), will nuke German cities if they put up too much resistance.

3. The AIDS epidemic that spreads through the Wehrmacht in the German Occupied Territory could be a fantastic point of contention both in your timeline and as one hell of an event in the upcoming mod. The Nazis had a strict no interbreeding rule between Germans and Jews that(I think?) was extended to other "ubermenschen" groups as Nazi rule continued. Indeed during the invasion of eastern europe soldiers were reprimanded for rape not because it was morally wrong but because mixed offspring was despised. As such even if there was enough medicine to be given out to treat the STDs running rampant throughout the occupational forces the hardliners in the Nazi party would argue not to treat the soldiers who had it to use them as examples to others that would dare to "inter-breed." A point of contention could be Goring sending any medicinal aid to the east to treat afflicted soldiers, which enrages the SS and others and adds more fuel to the ticking German time-bomb.

I have other comments but they come and go from my mind, can post later if I remember them.

And I'm frankly just greatful you are still posting lore about this. Map making is hard, and I'm glad you are keeping this AH alive.

You know, @AP246, I just returned from the TWR mod subreddit, and I have to say, the Civil Rights Movement seems to be being handled a lot differently than I would have thought. IOTL, one of the reasons things were so difficult for it to really take off in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s was because the Soviet Union's presence as America's archnemesis caused domestic politics to shift to the right of the political spectrum. People who wanted racial integration were labeled "commies" and "Reds" and their arguments were dismissed because of that. But here, with the Cold War being between the Atlantic Union and the fascist, totalitarian, genocidal German Reich, we should see the opposite thing occur. The United States should become more liberal in the face of the Nazis (the modern Civil Rights Movement IOTL had its roots in WWII, after all), racists and segregationists would be branded as "Nazis" and "despots" and have their arguments degraded, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Civil Rights Movement hit the same largely successful peak it reached in the mid- to late-1960s by the late-1950s to early-1960s.

You know, @AP246, I just returned from the TWR mod subreddit, and I have to say, the Civil Rights Movement seems to be being handled a lot differently than I would have thought. IOTL, one of the reasons things were so difficult for it to really take off in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s was because the Soviet Union's presence as America's archnemesis caused domestic politics to shift to the right of the political spectrum. People who wanted racial integration were labeled "commies" and "Reds" and their arguments were dismissed because of that. But here, with the Cold War being between the Atlantic Union and the fascist, totalitarian, genocidal German Reich, we should see the opposite thing occur. The United States should become more liberal in the face of the Nazis (the modern Civil Rights Movement IOTL had its roots in WWII, after all), racists and segregationists would be branded as "Nazis" and "despots" and have their arguments degraded, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Civil Rights Movement hit the same largely successful peak it reached in the mid- to late-1960s by the late-1950s to early-1960s.

While we are talking about the US I am also curious: since the US didn't get nazi scientists until at least 1960 if ever, would they still have developed their tech as fast?

While we are talking about the US I am also curious: since the US didn't get nazi scientists until at least 1960 if ever, would they still have developed their tech as fast?
They might be, like, a year or two behind on rocketry, but between espionage and seeing the Nazis make use of rockets America would be more than capable of making up the "gap" caused by no Paperclip.

Yeah that was partially my train of thought as well. The civil rights stuff is still in the early stages, and I'll try to bring in the context of the Nazis being around, which I think could have the same effects you mentioned.

You might've been confused seeing the President Thurmond stuff which, yeah, it's out there. The thing is Strom Thurmond is not meant to win. I don't think it's at all realistic for him to actually become President, and if he does, we wanted to show how if you elected such a reactionary all hell would break loose. It's there for player choice and flavour (it's not at all an actually advantageous route to take), and it's not supposed to be the realistic route to take. But well, the mod is ultimately a game, and if only very plausible stuff was there it wouldn't be as fun.

I notice that there is a colour extending all the way to 0 - does that mean we are going to get historic democracy index scores as well?

Not in this map, I'm afraid. It becomes difficult as these kinds of indices are a relatively very new invention (post-cold war i think) so trying to fit older 20th century regimes into them might get difficult.

Not in this map, I'm afraid. It becomes difficult as these kinds of indices are a relatively very new invention (post-cold war i think) so trying to fit older 20th century regimes into them might get difficult.

Plus most of the map would be orange or red, so there's that.