Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, I'm more hyped about Nintendo and Star Wars ITTL. Not to mention my own contributions which should start in 1983.
Nuh-uh. Never did I say I'd be including your stuff. I happen to really enjoy Nintendo and Star Wars and will be writing about their alternate forms myself.

I think I might have not been clearer about what I wrote.

Specifically, I had meant to say that I was looking forward to what HeX was going to do with Nintendo and Star Wars. Not that I was going to contribute them.

Sorry for any and all confusion I caused.

Last edited:
I’m wondering, what is Disney’s market cap? IOTL, it is about $240 billion as of now.

Also, does Disney have any films that are not $1 billion or more IOTL but $1 billion or more ITTL?

Here's a thought: Disney buys Hanna-Barbera. Think about it. Instead of being bought out by Ted Turner and later absorbed into Warner Bros. like IOTL, the animation studio is bought out by Walt himself and stays independent til the present while having the same level of autonomy that Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm has IOTL. However, there's still the occusional crossovers, like a TV special in which the Scooby Gang visits Disney World and various HB characters making camoes/appearances in TTL's House of Mouse and Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention the various theme rides/attractions based on the HB propeties!

Here's a thought: Disney buys Hanna-Barbera. Think about it. Instead of being bought out by Ted Turner and later absorbed into Warner Bros. like IOTL, the animation studio is bought out by Walt himself and stays independent til the present while having the same level of autonomy that Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm has IOTL. However, there's still the occusional crossovers, like a TV special in which the Scooby Gang visits Disney World and various HB characters making camoes/appearances in TTL's House of Mouse and Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention the various theme rides/attractions based on the HB propeties!

I like this but would the massive wave of talent that came up through hanna Barbara in the mid to late 90's (gennedy tartovotsky, craig McCracken, van hartible, John dilworth, Seth MacFarlane, Fred Seibert) still be in the industry?

Personally, I kind of feel that it's better with the WB brand.

Hex, will we get anything like the Sequel Trilogy ITTL? I ask because I hate it with a passion and want a better future of SW.
There will be four trilogies ITTL: the original, put out in the '70s and '80s; the sequels, put out in the '90s and largely focusing on the same characters from the OT; the prequels, put out in the '00s, set during the Clone Wars and very different from the garbage we got IOTL; and the Old Republic trilogy, made in the 2010s and set during the last great Jedi-Sith War.

I apologize, by the way, for this thread being so dormant. I don't know why, but it really takes a lot out of me to write a new chapter. It's probably because I've put Disney's hand in every pot--live-action movies, animated films, video games, television, theme parks, comic books--and now I have to figure out what's going to happen when they stir those pots, and what will happen as a whole to the entertainment industry because of the Disney Domination. I promise this won't die, but... it's exhausting, you know? I feel like... like this:

46w42od0idj21.png

Me, trying to explain all the connections between Disney and the rest of the entertainment world.

I apologize, by the way, for this thread being so dormant. I don't know why, but it really takes a lot out of me to write a new chapter. It's probably because I've put Disney's hand in every pot--live-action movies, animated films, video games, television, theme parks, comic books--and now I have to figure out what's going to happen when they stir those pots, and what will happen as a whole to the entertainment industry because of the Disney Domination. I promise this won't die, but... it's exhausting, you know? I feel like... like this:
I know how that feels mate. My own railroad TL came to a complete halt because o how much I wanted to the rail industry to stir all sorts of pots.

There will be four trilogies ITTL: the original, put out in the '70s and '80s; the sequels, put out in the '90s and largely focusing on the same characters from the OT; the prequels, put out in the '00s, set during the Clone Wars and very different from the garbage we got IOTL; and the Old Republic trilogy, made in the 2010s and set during the last great Jedi-Sith War.

46w42od0idj21.png

Me, trying to explain all the connections between Disney and the rest of the entertainment world.
Awesome.

@HeX Don’t worry about it. It’s understandable that a big project like this will take a lot of time and effort and energy. Just do what works best for you. This timeline’s been a lot of fun so far, and if it takes more time for better work, that’s perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.