Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 123260

British heraldry on British flag courtesy of reddit:

p3s1f5zplws31.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/vexillology/comments/dip7tc/vexillogical_heraldrization_the_united_kingdom/

I feel like you should remove the fancy yellow things from the other parts of the flag. It makes it over complicated without really adding anything to it.
IIRC, the fleur-de-lys is a core component of the French Monarchist banner. Chucking them without chucking the Union Jack is unlikely to fly.

Deleted member 123260

IIRC, the fleur-de-lys is a core component of the French Monarchist banner. Chucking them without chucking the Union Jack is unlikely to fly.

Oh I'm not talking about the fleur-de-lys on the herald but on the other parts of the flag.

How about removing the Irish component of the flag thus making the flag consist of four blue squares. Each of those squares then look like this the French royalist flag with 3 fleur-de-lys.

A bit of explanation.
From my world "La Triplice".
In the '30s Usa become a Syndacalist state.
Ruled by the Union Democratic party, Usa is still divided in 50 states, but over the states, now there are the Districts.
A district must comprise at least two states, but over the years, the number of districts variate from a minimum of 10 to q maximum of 21.

The flag posted here has 14 starts for the districts and a wheel for the working class.

(Star Wars) The War Banner of Hakagram Graush, King of Korriban

Graush Banner.png

This is something I'm going to put into a TL soon and wanted to take a crack at flag making for the first time, even if it quite stupid for someone who can draw a straight line. So this a copy and paste job and nothing fancy, the symbol comes from one of the Old Sith Empire symbols. The language is Common Sith and reads Hakagram Graush, Ruler of Korriban or in Sith, Hakagram Graush, Chwayatush Korriban.

I think Common Sith has some parts of Hebrew that are upside down, although Common is a fan version as there is an actual conlang but it is not fully complete if I remember and I do think has a P sound even though that is contradictory to some names and terms.

I think Common Sith has some parts of Hebrew that are upside down, although Common is a fan version as there is an actual conlang but it is not fully complete if I remember and I do think has a P sound even though that is contradictory to some names and terms.
The alphabet seems pretty much a substitution cipher seeing as the sh sound is spelled s+h.

While we're talking about fictional scenarios, here's a flag for a D&D setting's Gnoll Confederation.
For those unaware: gnolls are hyena-people, usually considered savage marauders but other times simply misunderstood. This setting opts for the latter. They've managed to form a loose confederation out of the mess of tribal territories and selected this flag because:
  • The colors are roughly those of most gnolls' fur.
  • The pattern suggests a traditional drum instrument common to their cultures.
  • It has both spots and stripes for the different types of gnolls.
  • The three diamonds symbolize wisdom, unity, and self-determination.
    fjqm0wdbmmt31.png

The alphabet seems pretty much a substitution cipher seeing as the sh sound is spelled s+h.

Well I used it as one because linguistics is not my strong suit. The formal conlang I believe is different from this fan script I found, and uses a script I do not think I can replicate all that well even in GIMP.

canadian unity.png

This is the flag for the Canadian Restoration movement, a socio-political movement active in the states of former Canada following it being dissolved after the third Anglo-American War. This is part of a timeline I've been planning out. The reason for a pine tree instead of a maple leaf is due to certain political events making the Canadian maple leaf a taboo symbol.

View attachment 496339
This is the flag for the Canadian Restoration movement, a socio-political movement active in the states of former Canada following it being dissolved after the third Anglo-American War. This is part of a timeline I've been planning out. The reason for a pine tree instead of a maple leaf is due to certain political events making the Canadian maple leaf a taboo symbol.

I'm wondering, by your design It looks like that the French part of Canadá os leading such movement, is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.