Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd March 2017 was a normal day like no other. Then a person in America crossing states saw nothing. People in Canada found wifi was gone and some countries saw there had been no contact from some of their international friends. Then the news Broke and everybody screamed. Europe and the North Atlantic have mostly disappeared as well as much of the pacific. The screaming continued for days.
View attachment 495707

After a year, recolonization has been taken place to a certain extent. Global trade has recovered mostly. The US in the initial instability failed to keep itself together and several countries have taken advantage of this. Central America is in the first stages of unification, though it will take a while. And even though the world has mostly recovered from the ISOTs, everyone is still screaming...
View attachment 495775

Happy spooptober.

>Taiwan disapeers
>China does not colonise Taiwan.
What?

Also I think USA could have remained unified. Other than that this has very large economic consequences. Also would definitely be the beginning of the Era of Chinese Superpower if they weather the global economic collapse that is the result of Europe and coastal USA disapeering.

>Taiwan disapeers
>China does not colonise Taiwan.
What?
Yeah, the first thing that everyone did was quickly look to Taiwan and no one except China wanted China to own Taiwan. And China was repopulating its lost area in Manchuria.
Also I think USA could have remained unified.
It could've but that would have made the map more boring and I think it's realistic for the idea "cut the head off and it falls apart" to happen.
Other than that this has very large economic consequences. Also would definitely be the beginning of the Era of Chinese Superpower if they weather the global economic collapse that is the result of Europe and coastal USA disapeering.
In the long term once trade has recovered and everyone has stopped screaming.
Korea would certainly be colonized by China as well
This is only after one year, Pacific trade dropped off the map only one year ago as well as the whole Manchurian region, China hasn't gotten to Korea yet. In due time they will and they're currently making sure no one else will.

3rd March 2017 was a normal day like no other. Then a person in America crossing states saw nothing. People in Canada found wifi was gone and some countries saw there had been no contact from some of their international friends. Then the news Broke and everybody screamed. Europe and the North Atlantic have mostly disappeared as well as much of the pacific. The screaming continued for days.
View attachment 495707

After a year, recolonization has been taken place to a certain extent. Global trade has recovered mostly. The US in the initial instability failed to keep itself together and several countries have taken advantage of this. Central America is in the first stages of unification, though it will take a while. And even though the world has mostly recovered from the ISOTs, everyone is still screaming...
View attachment 495775

Happy spooptober.
MAKE THIS A FULL SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lusitania

Donor
View attachment 495707

View attachment 495775

Happy spooptober.
Hi sorry but you not getting Quebec together with New England. Not happening.

here's a map based on 1984. The pod is that in the late 40s, the UK establishes a new type of colonial system, which lets them (and later france) keep their colonies for longer, and a nuclear war happens during an German Missile Crisis, but the nukes only go over Europe and turkey. France was split during the early 10 years of the aftermath between the Scientist Republic of America, with it later taking over the remainder of the americas. The USSR has reformed into the Union of the Worker's Republics of Eurasia, which, as a last attempt to remove the UK from the 3 way cold war, nuked the remaining Persian land during the Persian War. The UK has also reformed, into the Grand Kingdom of Europia, with autonomous regions in Kameroon (Germany), Lisbonia in Africus (Portugal), Kongo (Belgium) and Hispania in Africus (Spain), with a Dutch in exile in the East Indies, which is an Australian Protectorate (which includes all of the British Pacific). The year is currently 2083, with all sides having at least 1 moon base, and all 3 have a starting colony on Mars (Europia is currently winning the Space Race, with a base on Titan.)

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 613
upload_2019-10-19_18-57-45.png

upload_2019-10-19_18-57-56.png

Pure Deep blue: Presidential republic
Gray: Fascism
Deeper Gray: Dictatorship
Pale Yellow: Theocracy
Blue: Parliamentary Republic
Deep green-blue: Military Junta
Deep black-ish blue: authoritarian republic
Black: Anarchy
Yellow: Corporate State

The age of the old eagle has been destroyed, as numerous relics of the once-great nation have, effectively, fell.

Last edited:
From a month ago:
I'm literally working on two major map commissions and attempting to fit a political campaign around a full time job and having time to unwind. It's not completely impossible, but don't expect anything soon.

From yesterday, on the page before this one:
He already told us that he's currently waaay too busy to work on it. Further work on it is not inconceivable, but not anytime soon.

And as likely to involve extensive rework as not.

And there you have it: the status of the WorldRaj. Next time someone on the map thread asks what the status of the WorldRaj is, just type "rambutan" into the search bar up there, and this post should pop up in the results for you to quote and direct someone's attention to.

Interesting scenario, but those southern borders are quite clearly stolen From Mattystereo's Up From The Fields, the uniformity between them is too close to be 'inspiration'. Especially as this is not the second but the third time you've used those borders. He's no longer on the site but I know he's quite angry that you're misappropriating his work.

Alright, if you want i can stop doing that and ill re-do that, i thought i mentioned i got inspiration and yes ive been redoing this scenario alot, thanks for giving me a reality check about that

Status
Not open for further replies.