The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime

Also the last season closed with an explanation of why such a war is impractical—you can only send through people who are dead in the other reality. Depending on how advanced Generalplan Ost is ITTL, the Soviets might pull that off...or their soldiers still have, at best, a 50/50 chance of getting through without melting.

No, that door is closed, I think.

A cave in the middle of Pennsylvania is also a very bad place for Soviet armies to deploy. :p

And apparently you can't bring metal objects with you through the portal, IIRC.

The Spetznaz may be skilled fighters, but they're not going to be very effective if all they can bring with them are ceramic knives and air guns firing plastic bullets.

Seems to me that Julianna will meet ATL (OTL?) Obergruppenfuhrer Smith, and he’ll have a part to play in the climax.

I theorized a while back that the Allied Smith is either still part of the US Army, or moved to a Cold War intelligence agency like the CIA. It would make sense given his backstory, and would be rather ironic.

A thought: if postwar American music consists almost entirely of big band that "respectable" society endorsed without rock or any other countercultural genres, what kind of music dominates German civil society? :evilsmile:

(Yes, this was recorded about a decade after the series takes place, but you get the idea)

It's been announced that season 4 will premiere on November 15th. The moment Juliana get shot she falls down to an Alt-1963 (OTL) where an OTL John and Thomas Smith find her in the road injured.

It's been announced that season 4 will premiere on November 15th. The moment Juliana get shot she falls down to an Alt-1963 (OTL) where an OTL John and Thomas Smith find her in the road injured.

Either this is separate from the world where she marries Tagomi’s son, or that guy is really unlucky.

Either this is separate from the world where she marries Tagomi’s son, or that guy is really unlucky.
Probably can’t do the marriage to Tagomis son world, considering OTL!Juiliana would of had to die to make that happen. Would be interesting to see if this world is a slightly different 1963 and how that is shown

A thought: if postwar American music consists almost entirely of big band that "respectable" society endorsed without rock or any other countercultural genres, what kind of music dominates German civil society? :evilsmile:

(Yes, this was recorded about a decade after the series takes place, but you get the idea)

Another example

Finally got around to watching the whole show far and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I particularly liked the bit with the interdimensional travel facility that looks like an evil Stargate program.

As a side note it’s kinda funny how Soviet-ish the Nazi forces are using BRDMs and T-55s
i001211236.jpg

cSISuy5.jpg

t's been announced that season 4 will premiere on November 15th. See the new trailer a smell rebellion

I predict Smith will essentially secede America from the Reich, which will collapse semi-peacefully. I think Japan will essentially reform.

So I was finally able to see the entire series for the first time.

My goodness, it's one of the best filmed series that I have seen so far.

Now, THAT'S how you do an alternate history adaptation!

I heard that some changes were made. I don't know for sure what was changed, since I haven't read the book.

I look forward to watching season 4. :)

So I was finally able to see the entire series for the first time.

My goodness, it's one of the best filmed series that I have seen so far.

Now, THAT'S how you do an alternate history adaptation!

I heard that some changes were made. I don't know for sure what was changed, since I haven't read the book.

I look forward to watching season 4. :)
Mainly the book took place entirely in the Pacific States, with no German or East Coast characters. Also, the Grasshopper Lies Heavy is just a DBWI novel, the "alternate universe souvenirs" take owes more to Matt Ruff's The Mirage (in my opinion), which was originally conceived as a TV pitch before being worked into a novel.

Mainly the book took place entirely in the Pacific States, with no German or East Coast characters. Also, the Grasshopper Lies Heavy is just a DBWI novel, the "alternate universe souvenirs" take owes more to Matt Ruff's The Mirage (in my opinion), which was originally conceived as a TV pitch before being worked into a novel.

Ah, I see.

I do know that while the Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a book in TMITHC, it is a film in the T.V. series (Is it accurate to call it a TV series?)

What is DBWI?