Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

So if I get it right a different WW2 (but where the allies still win) resulting in a different occupation zone would be off limits since it brings “observable changes before 1945”

Well, AFAIK the occupation zones were decided at the Potsdam Conference in 1945, so technically it might just meet the criteria.

And my question: "Eastern Bloc" does include the USSR itself, right?

Well, AFAIK the occupation zones were decided at the Potsdam Conference in 1945, so technically it might just meet the criteria.

I was more thinkin about a world where say, Barbarossa/Fall Blau go worse for germany (so 41/42) pod, resulting in further soviet advance in Europe when the war end, or operation Valkyrie (44 pod) happens and there is a collapse of german war effort leading to different frontlines by the war end.

Still results in the USSR pupetting many european countries, but with a noticeable pre 45 pod

Of course!

I was more thinkin about a world where say, Barbarossa/Fall Blau go worse for germany (so 41/42) pod, resulting in further soviet advance in Europe when the war end, or operation Valkyrie (44 pod) happens and there is a collapse of german war effort leading to different frontlines by the war end.

Still results in the USSR pupetting many european countries, but with a noticeable pre 45 pod

Yes, I think those would be outside the scope of this round.

I have an idea for a motf thing;
Liberté, Unité, Vengeance:
A map of a nation's former allies/still allies during a major war, decided to support both sides of said nation's civil war, and shows the former regime in whatever territory they have left.
Is that a good idea?

I have an idea for a motf thing;
Liberté, Unité, Vengeance:
A map of a nation's former allies/still allies during a major war, decided to support both sides of said nation's civil war, and shows the former regime in whatever territory they have left.
Is that a good idea?

So sort of an analogue to the Russian Civil War?

You said fantasy is okay, does that mean we can set this in a world where everything’s similar to OTL at least in this part of the world but with DRAGONS

Since it is approaching Samhain, I'd like to propose the following:

Things that go bump in the night
Make a map of an OTL historical event, that is influenced by supernatural beings or phenomena (e.g the Russian revolution, but with Vampires)

Deleted member 107125

Bohemian Rhapsody
Depict an fictional Central or Eastern European nation (à la Ruritania, Syldavia, or Zubrowka) and its history.
Where Kings Die
Depict a nation in exile plotting to get back to the homeland after it is taken over by an unfriendly nation or a revolution
I want to break free
Depict the secession of a state from the USA (excluding real ones)
(Not) Shanghai Nights
A map focusing on a state that has a similar government to the Shanghai International Settlement’s treaty ports or the League of Nations mandates (mostly the first one).

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my own MOTF suggestions:

Guns of the North
Depict a civil war or revolution going the other way (I.E., the North seceding from the South in the ACW, monarchists rising up against the USSR during the Russian Revolution, etc.)

(This could alternatively be named "No, U" or "Uno Reverse Card," depending on how meme-y you want it to be.)

The Autumn of Nations
Depict a region whose status quo is in its twilight years and the countries there are falling apart. However, this should not show the actual breakup of the region, just its decline.

Or, just in time for Halloween:

Deal with the Devil
Depict an alliance between a decidedly "good" nation and a decidedly "bad" nation.

Could it be possible to include Western Europe too? I have a idea kinda of the Russians conquering all of Europe and then going mad Stalin leaving... Interesting effects?

Ask here, delete your comment on the other thread.

The contest said any post soviet state, any state that either was part of the USSR or used to be communist and allied with the USSR, Kaiphranos explicitely said states like cuba work, so western europe would surely work.

One Planet, one nation
Depict a world(either our lovely little mud ball or a fictional planet) under the control of one nation (rebellions are optional but encouraged).
Edit: Feel free to use a much looser definition of World if you choose to employ a fantasy setting.

Last edited: