The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Sigfried

Banned
I just realized Patton Impact on civil right is going to be seen interestingly, because you basically have what could be called Old Racist Grandpa basically pushing throught civil rights and Crushing Klan.

I just realized Patton Impact on civil right is going to be seen interestingly, because you basically have what could be called Old Racist Grandpa basically pushing throught civil rights and Crushing Klan.

Patton's role is very intresting considering his bakcground and motive. He begun go against KKK only because it killed his friend not because he would had wanted help Blacks very much. Ans didn't Patton's grandfather and grand-uncle serve in Confederate army? This is pretty intresting thing when KKK was founded by formed Confederate officer.

Patton's role is very intresting considering his bakcground and motive. He begun go against KKK only because it killed his friend not because he would had wanted help Blacks very much. Ans didn't Patton's grandfather and grand-uncle serve in Confederate army? This is pretty intresting thing when KKK was founded by formed Confederate officer.
Everyone has standards. When Jackie Robinson started his registration tour, Patton admitted that he was right to do so.
What I find more interesting is how Patton contrasts with Wallace. When Wallace found out about the Soviets nuking Warsaw, he refusedto accept responsibility, saying “I can’t admit I’m wrong. If I do, it means I was wrong about Stalin.” Meanwhile, when Patton learns about what the Klan did to Robinson, he not only admits that he was wrong to defend segregation, but also tries to put an end to it.

Sadly I expect that whoever comes after Patton will be more moderate in pursuing Civil Rights. Though I don't think even the FP would try a de jure rollback.

I think we will see in the next Republican Presidential Primary the lines that will form the break up of the Mega Republican Party. That will probably also be a part of Patton's legacy the chaos he will leave behind in the GOP trying to deal with his domestic legacy.

What do Malcom Little and his peers think of Patton?

What happened to Heinz Guderian? Himmler ordered his death after he purged the Wehrmacht?

He survived and got a ten year prison sentence. Once he got out he provided military support to the West. He was one of the later defections, but his not fighting to the bitter end spared him the noose. With the German Conservatives in power, there is a big push to not punish Wehrmacht men while absolutely smashing SS guys. The latter get off worse than OTL, the former even better.

Ambassador to Israel. He smuggled himself into Trieste during the fighting and fought the Nazis head on despite his age. To say the least, he’s thrilled about the union with Zionism and Italian Fascism.
That’s great! I’m guessing he’s a celebrity of sorts among Jewish Italians?

He survived and got a ten year prison sentence. Once he got out he provided military support to the West. He was one of the later defections, but his not fighting to the bitter end spared him the noose. With the German Conservatives in power, there is a big push to not punish Wehrmacht men while absolutely smashing SS guys. The latter get off worse than OTL, the former even better.

Interesting, I believed he would have been executed if captured, after all he was the one who crushed the rebellion in Berlin when the coup started.

Didn't he historically die in 1954?

Did the betrayal of the Cossacks and operation keelhaul (or something similar) happen this timeline, or did they get butterflied away somehow?
And for that matter what happened to the Ostlegionen ITTL in general?

President Orbay of Turkey went even further, calling the UAR and Ba’athism, “A greater threat to the world than the Communists. If they are able to gain nuclear weapons, it will be the end of mankind.” While these declarations may seem premature in light of the Second Arabian War, they were especially scary thoughts to Europeans in the 1950s.

This seems to imply Aflaq won't have the global impact some think. The war will no doubt be nasty but I suspect it won't be on the level of China or World War II; seen as tragic more fr its madness in happening and what it did to the people of the Middle East than nightmares of UAR troops marching across conquered nations.

Perhpas the Fascists play him up as another Hitler and Stalin in the making; "But this time, the evil tyrant was stopped and his genocidal ambitions pounded into paste by the forces of Fascism and Zionism," or some such. Tending to play down the involvement of Free Europe.

perfectgeneral

Donor
Monthly Donor
You have Anthony Eden interviewed in 1973 on about page nine? How does he live so much longer than OTL? Was he bound to succumb to cancer even as early as 1943? I'm not sure how "pre-cancerous" he would be.