Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

surprisingly tight
There a reason why was the most succesful movie till tomb raider...the movie was well done, was a kumite with MK characthers and well done, plus helpt a lot the writers asked ED Boon for ideas, the only issue of the movie is presentation...and not using an asian for raiden(even if Lambert rocked the role)

@Megafighter3

There's no reason why Mortal Kombat couldn't do what they did with Scorpion* when showing his true face. by having an animatronic lizard face underneath a human mask.

*Speaking of Scorpion, Ed Boon isn't going to cut it for Annihilation if we're having him have a more extensive role. His Scorpion voice is better suited for short soundbites like "Get over here!" than actual dialogue.

Annihilation will definitely need a new opening instead of just copying the first movie's and having "Mortal Kombat" lazily turn into "Annihilation".

@Megafighter3

There's no reason why Mortal Kombat couldn't do what they did with Scorpion* when showing his true face. by having an animatronic lizard face underneath a human mask.

*Speaking of Scorpion, Ed Boon isn't going to cut it for Annihilation if we're having him have a more extensive role. His Scorpion voice is better suited for short soundbites like "Get over here!" than actual dialogue.

Annihilation will definitely need a new opening instead of just copying the first movie's and having "Mortal Kombat" lazily turn into "Annihilation".
That could work very well.

Something else to videogames?

For Contra Movie..i imagine something inspired the original game, the commando-like plot of a mysterious terrorist organization and the plot twist they were aliens all along...and keep the action like commando:

Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat

Mortal_Kombat_poster.jpg

Directed By:
Paul W.S. Anderson
Produced By: Lawrence Kasanoff
Written By: Kevin Droney
Based On: Mortal Kombat by Midway Games

Cast
Robin Shou as Liu Kang
Bridgette Wilson as Sonya Blade
Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage
George Takei as Raiden
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung
Ming-Na Wen as Kitana
Trevor Goddard as Kano
Chris Casamassa as Sub-Zero
J.J. Perry as Scorpion
Ray Park as Reptile
Kane Hodder as Goro (voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson)
Kenneth Edwards as Art Lean
Steven Ho as Chan Kang
Michael Jai White as Jax Briggs
Peter Jason as Master Boyd
Frank Welker as the voice of Shao Khan

Budget: $25 million
Box Office: $250 million​

So, given how the past three years of TTL have seen box office success for at this point four video game movies (now five with Zelda) there's a lot more money put into the Mortal Kombat movie. This will help mainly with some of the visual effects, especially with the addition of blood as this is an R-rated picture. It's a risky move, no doubt, as video games haven't gone farther than PG-13 in theaters. But Mortal Kombat has always been known for being the edgier alternative to games like Street Fighter so the R rating becomes a badge of honor for this movie. The story remains the same from OTL, though with Reptile not possessing a statue and instead is a ninja in Shang Tsung's employ with an animatronic lizard head underneath his mask, a la Scorpion. The movie is somewhat mixed among professional critics, who feel the gorier aspects, while visually catching, act as little more than a thick layer of flavoring over an otherwise anemic story. The movie relights the flame of controversy, having come out just after Zelda II left theaters. But among fans and the teenagers willing to sneak their way to see the movie, it was an awesome experience overall and helped keep up the franchise momentum, plus it actually managed to make big money as an R-rated film, just after Judge Dredd notoriously cut down to a PG-13 rating and was one of the many victims of Zelda II.

Just checked, made 285 mil over a budget of 140. Is that good?
Mixed reviews, liked by fans but not by critics.

That means it broke even and made back some change, but otherwise it may have been considered an underperformance. Really, the worst thing about LW4 is the fact that "Fire in the Hole" by Van Halen is attached to it.

Seems the idea was a sucess and show now R Rating is open for videogame to explored it, nice.

Which will be the next videogame movie?

Once I've done the Crow: City of Angels write-up, we're gonna have Mario 3 and the Sonic movie for 1996. Then Zelda 3 and Contra in '97, Mario 4, Sonic 2 and MK: Annihilation for 1998, Wing Commander looks to take a spot for 1999, then maybe the third Mortal Kombat movie for 2000 or 2001.

Once I've done the Crow: City of Angels write-up, we're gonna have Mario 3 and the Sonic movie for 1996. Then Zelda 3 and Contra in '97, Mario 4, Sonic 2 and MK: Annihilation for 1998, Wing Commander looks to take a spot for 1999, then maybe the third Mortal Kombat movie for 2000 or 2001.
So we're done for videogame movies, not bad and seems was an amazing year with Zelda and MK...

Wing Commander looks to take a spot for 1999
Hope those can help Origin....

I thought mario would rest after 3....well...

1. The first Sonic movie should have Doctor Robotnik as the big bad and Metal Sonic as a henchman, with it setting up Metal Sonic returning as the Big Bad in the sequel.
  2. If star power is necessary for the cast then Tim Curry would be a good choice for Doctor Robotnik. Though if he's a more serious villain Christopher Lee or Terence Stamp could also work for the "good doctor". Any possible third movie should have a villain for Tony Jay. Maybe as a proto-version of Ixis Naugus for a more magical antagonist to contrast with the technology-oriented Doctor Robotnik and the killer robot.
  3. Who're the villains for Mario 3 and 4?

Wait hold up.
  1. The first Sonic movie should have Doctor Robotnik as the big bad and Metal Sonic as a henchman, with it setting up Metal Sonic returning as the Big Bad in the sequel.
  2. If star power is necessary for the cast then Tim Curry would be a good choice for Doctor Robotnik. Though if he's a more serious villain Christopher Lee or Terence Stamp could also work for the "good doctor". Any possible third movie should have a villain for Tony Jay. Maybe as a proto-version of Ixis Naugus for a more magical antagonist to contrast with the technology-oriented Doctor Robotnik and the killer robot.
  3. Who're the villains for Mario 3 and 4?
Point 3 is a good one. Unless we get those rabbits from odysey I don't see it...! KAMEK FOR 3 AND THE IRON GUYS FROM MARIO RPG FOR 4!

Wait hold up.

Point 3 is a good one. Unless we get those rabbits from odysey I don't see it...! KAMEK FOR 3 AND THE IRON GUYS FROM MARIO RPG FOR 4!

3 is going to have Wario return, working with Captain Syrup to claim the Six Golden Coins. I was gonna have 3 be the one to put the Mario movies to bed, but when I got the idea to do the Wario/Syrup team, I pushed back the original plans to a fourth Mario movie, which will feature the Koopa Kids.