Look to the West Volume VII: The Eye Against the Prism

The UK had an awful lot of money invested in Argentina (and elsewhere in South America). I don't know whether that is considered anything approaching a colony.

The autonomy of British colonies could dramatically differ, especially in the late nineteenth century. Argentina was definitely towards the “dominion” end in terms of being a colony. IIRC, it was close enough that there was talk of including Argentina in the Imperial Conferences.

xsampa

Banned
There has been mention of Danubian Societists but not of Ottoman Societists. I wonder why that is

xsampa

Banned
Speaking of Zones, at least 1 author with quasi-Societist views on nationalism labeled the subdivisions of their world-state-bitcoin-thing zones.

"At least one zone in the Americas has had the courage to just say no to non-heirloom workers, even if it means the bigger blockchains stay away.”- Heirloom, Venkatesh Rao

xsampa

Banned
I wonder if incorporation of colonies into the metropole will be possible for some of the colonial powers. Not the Americans, the British or the Russians, but maybe French Maldives or Alguim.

I wonder if incorporation of colonies into the metropole will be possible for some of the colonial powers. Not the Americans, the British or the Russians, but maybe French Maldives or Alguim.

According to a previous map, American Antipodea has been fully integrated into the ENA, as has Perousie into France.

Speaking of Zones, at least 1 author with quasi-Societist views on nationalism labeled the subdivisions of their world-state-bitcoin-thing zones.

"At least one zone in the Americas has had the courage to just say no to non-heirloom workers, even if it means the bigger blockchains stay away.”- Heirloom, Venkatesh Rao
I am afraid I cannot decipher this jargon, even if it is clearly grammatically correct English (not my native language, yes, but still one I tend to undertstand very well in its written form).

When I was reading (and reading and reading and reading...) to catch up when this thread dropped I really enjoyed the automaton chapter, and this most recent one about the flippants got me wondering if we'd get an update about whatever would fill the niche occupied by pulp/proto-superheros/weird fiction at this point OTL. The presence of sequents and masked avengers in the mid-1800s would definitely create ripples for sure. Mainly it was because I reread Watchmen and the idea that a world with caped crusaders would shift to pirate fiction got me thinking. Maybe in a lull after the First Black Scare?

xsampa

Banned
In his play Ends of the Earth (1931), the Pérousien playwright Vincent Yang sardonically described the early colonial history of his country by dividing it into five phases: ‘idealism, pragmatism, paranoia, momentum, and greed’

xsampa

Banned
Also, I find it strabge that discontiguous Guinea (Senegambia-Cameroon) can survive in thr modern-day as one country. Quote:"Bissau and Cape Verde were taken by the Royal Africa Company (the precursor to modern Guinea "

Also, I find it strabge that discontiguous Guinea (Senegambia-Cameroon) can survive in thr modern-day as one country. Quote:"Bissau and Cape Verde were taken by the Royal Africa Company (the precursor to modern Guinea "
The existence of an entity known as Guinea doesn't mean that all territories remain under its control, though, but only that there is institutional continuity.

xsampa

Banned
I wonder if African cuisine will take the place of Thai, Indian etc. in Anerica due to better postcolonial outcomes and connections, political or otherwise.