Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Found this
Screenshot_20191007_122235.jpg

<insert early president name here>
Call it Polk. Hell, if not for the traitor Nicolas Trist violating Congress’ and the President’s orders for the southern border at Guadeloupe-Hidalgo, there wouldn’t have been a need for a Gadsden Purchase in the first place.
pwXoy.jpg

I also remember seeing a scan of the original map used to determine the new southern border. Finding it again would be an absolute pain… Anyway, it was accompanied by some historic text and a record of the proceedings. What I do remember is that it said, “Sam Houston’s first action was to lay a ruler just south of Tampico and draw a line directly across the continent.” And I think that’s just great.

Not Necessarily a single proposal, but i looked at the list of separatist movements on Wikipedia. And thought, "hey, this sounds awf- I mean fun to map"

So I made this, some of them contradict, and some had like no info on what borders they actually claimed, or what the new nation would actually be called (I also didn't do stuff like Castile and England seceding from Spain or the UK because come on.)View attachment 492017
separatist map_worlda.png

Worlda version