Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing some work on the EqualX Project after a hiatus - bare-earth topographic relief is now available for the EqualAA base!

-snip-

Here's an example of what a blank white hillshade is good for:

Nice!

e72xJ9u.gif

Skallagrim

Banned
Crosspost from WIP Map Thread

It looks fascinating; too bad I can't read the TL. One thig that does stand out a bit is tat with a POD in the 15th century, one might expect borders to be much more different from OTL. Especially in North America (many state borders resemble OTl far too closely), but also in a few other places.

Good map, but isn't it kinda weird that Chinese warlord states are shown on a serious world map? They would rather show the internationally recognzed government.

The request was explicit in mentioning that the map represent 1:1 the different playable nations at game start. Otherwise, China would have been 3/4ths blue and Mittelafrika and German East Asia would have had the same shade of dark grey as the German Empire.

Ok folks, I'm doing a north America as Europe world, and I have Mexico, Texas, Arizona+New Mexico, New York (minus NYC), and New England (plus part of the upstate) as Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, the UK, and Ireland respectfully. What would the other states be?

Got approval to post a map request here. Yet another Kaiserreich map, except this time one of the world as of January 1936:

fKq2CSR.jpg

First time making a map with QGIS, so do bear with me if there's some problem details I left out. City names are also kinda eh, the deadline wasn't as kind with them as it was with the borders lol

Higher resolution version of the map won't be available for quite some time yet, but KR team will have one for display this PDXCon.

Hope you enjoy.
I know there is no real relatoin netween the names, but I like how the Bhartiya group is shown in an area where the real life Hindu Nationalist group does not win as many elections. Ahhh, Kaiserreich. Showing how far maps on alternate history have gone by staying in the same place.

Got approval to post a map request here. Yet another Kaiserreich map, except this time one of the world as of January 1936:

fKq2CSR.jpg

First time making a map with QGIS, so do bear with me if there's some problem details I left out. City names are also kinda eh, the deadline wasn't as kind with them as it was with the borders lol

Higher resolution version of the map won't be available for quite some time yet, but KR team will have one for display this PDXCon.

Hope you enjoy.
Those province borders are painful to me on a very deep level.
If you're going to spend a year updating the China scenario, is it really so hard to fix the borders?

Test Image for new boundaries for the 420 CE Map
Test.jpg

New Updates on upcoming maps:
Larger Sized Maps
Different Coloured Nations to distinguish What land is what
Nation Names (Possibly in late November)
Date and Title

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Created By Kento Kei Hayama
2nd, October 2019​

Oh I do. How did Somalia become independent here?

Likely British and Italian Somaliland got spun off into a German client state after the Weltkrieg. Not as familiar with the lore in that regard, so you might want to ask someone more informed.

Those province borders are painful to me on a very deep level.
If you're going to spend a year updating the China scenario, is it really so hard to fix the borders?

Take your complaints about China's borders to the KR team, not me.

Iroquois? As in, a state for the Iroquois who joined the revolution, or merely a new state named after the people (like OTL Iowa)?
The Iroquois joined the Revolution ITTL and were awarded statehood. It’s one of five Amerindian states created during the Revolution. Miskito joined after a chance encounter with an agent of the Continental Congress in the Caribbean, this inspired congress it more so entice the Iroquois to join, moving their territory to Taiwan own statehood, Muskogee is created by Floridian Patriots following the capture of St. Augustine by the British, Cherokee and Ohio are created in the late 1770s. They won’t be the only Amerindian states, but they’re the first.

This current thread started in July and we're already over a quarter of the way through.
I've only been on for a year so I have to ask some of the older members, do the map threads usually get filled this fast?

1700 Map of Ahikto *North (Old Map)
Ahikto_North_1700.jpg

Old Map from the year 1700
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Created by Kento Kei Hayama
29th of July, 2019​

Hope you enjoy.

Looking good! Do you have any recommendations for guides on using QGIS for map making? It's been years since I used the programme...

Last edited:
This current thread started in July and we're already over a quarter of the way through.
I've only been on for a year so I have to ask some of the older members, do the map threads usually get filled this fast?

Looking at the previous few threads, they normally fill up within a year, so I'd say this thread is right on schedule.

This is a map of Iberic Peninsula divided in Sisters Republics during French Revolution, in a TL where the French Army have invaded a good part of Spain and the Spanish Bourbons and the Portuguese Royal Family flees to America.

Not gonna lie it took me like a triple take to get "septentrional republic" right.

In a TL where France fights on in 1940, Barbarossa is delayed and therefore, Germany by these butterflies, capitulates late 1944. Therefore, Soviet Union has more free hands on the Far East, except China where by the butterflies, the KMT government manages to be less corrupt and more effective against the CCP and win the civil war. After decolonization, the countries of Southeast Asia want to federate together into a single entity. ASEAN is created earlier than OTL.

1570115729-carte.png

Status
Not open for further replies.