Photos from 1983: Doomsday

201111090110121953-aug-21-colliers-panic-470x251.jpg

Artist's depiction of how panic hit the streets of Louisville, KY on the night of Doomsday.

911tear1.jpg

A picture of a Doomsday memorial in a Perth Suburb that was unveiled on the 30th anniversary. Today marks the 36th anniversary of Doomsday and was observed by 3 minutes of silence.

Dozens_of_mourning_people_captured_during_civil_service_in_remembrance_of_November_2015_Paris_attacks_victims._Western_Europe%2C_France%2C_Paris%2C_place_de_la_République%2C_November_15%2C_2015.jpg

Citizens in Duchy of Orleans gather in a prayer memorial for those lost on Doomsday, 36 years ago.
467770pAa.jpg

Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, and other nationalities gather in remembrance of Doomsday that occurred in 36 years ago. (NBBC News Photo
DSC_6250.jpg
cdyikxzFoQ49-quiapo-church.jpg

Special mass held in Quiapo Church, Manila-NCR, Philippines commemorating the 36th anniversary of Doomsday. Other places in the Philippines especially in the provinces of Pampanga, Zambales, and Benguet - places affected by Soviet strikes during Doomsday - have held special memorials for those who were lost.

Last edited:

Pangur

Donor
911tear1.jpg

A picture of a Doomsday memorial in a Perth Suburb that was unveiled on the 30th anniversary. Today marks the 36th anniversary of Doomsday and was observed by 3 minutes of silence.
For some reason I find this very disturbing, may be because its very plausible to me?

61566912a132189ad87ee77c_Toledo%20OH.jpg

Toledo, capital of the Toledo Confederacy, on the 36th anniversary of Doomsday. On Sunday, September 25, 1983, the list of top 50 cities in the United States lost all but one to nuclear bombardment, the city of Toledo, Ohio, had been 40th on that list with a population of about 355,000. It tops the list of largest cities in North America (north of Mexico).

Last edited:
What other Fast Food chains exist in a post-DD world?[/QU
Well in the British Isles, Scandinavia and parts of Northern and Southern Europe there is Irish Supermacs who survived due to Ireland being untouched by the bombs and another major brand is Northwestern German Nordsee which has restaurants all over Europe, both of these brands have begun to expand outside of Europe mostly into North America. There are alos a variety of other local fast food places across the world.

Jollibee, a Filipino fast food chain that was established in 1978. In OTL it has spread overseas in the Middle East, the UK, North America, and Southeast Asia. I could see it expand the same way as OTL, preferably in Southeast Asia, ANZC, and parts of the SAC.

I'm guessing that Jolibee took the position of KFC ITTL, seeing that the Philippines wasn't that heavily affected by 26/9/83.

I'm guessing that Jolibee took the position of KFC ITTL, seeing that the Philippines wasn't that heavily affected by 26/9/83.
Definitely the Pacific Rim is dominated by Jollibee. I'm not sure how KFC and McDonald's will fare here. Could the secret recipes be replicated through surviving employees?

Deleted member 82792

Definitely the Pacific Rim is dominated by Jollibee. I'm not sure how KFC and McDonald's will fare here. Could the secret recipes be replicated through surviving employees?
It's possible