Die Alte Welt Hat Überlebt- A Central Powers Victory Collaborative Timeline

How many civil wars should Russia have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rodzaevsky becomes ever more assertive on the international stage, his demands for a renegotiation of Vilnius grow ever louder. Eventually, Germany agrees to referenda in eastern Ukraine, Kuban and Crimea, which result in all three regions rejoining Russia. (Ignore those election irregularities. I'm sure a ruthless dictator wouldn't resort to ballot stuffing and intimidation to influence an election...)

I don't think that is plausible, at least not as the first step. It would probably rather be the last step, much like OTL Munich agreement.

• The Japanese Emperor returns from his exile in Siberia to Japan - still in chaos - and with Russian troops and Russian weapons, sets about reconquering his nation.
  • Pro-Russian revolts in Litbel erupt and the government is forced to ask for foreign assistance in quelling the violence.
  • Seeing the situation closer to home intensify and grow ever closer to war, Germany withdraws all non-diplomatic support for the Chinese Empire, and orders a retreat of their own forces back to only the Shandong Peninsula.
  • The Kuomintang seizes the opportunity and promptly launches a series of sucessful offensives into the territory of a country in disarray.
  • France, isolated on the diplomatic stage and seeing Germany prepare for war, establishes a non-aggression pact with Russia. Secretly, they also carve out zones of influence in Germany in the event of a war, which is increasingly being seen as inevitable.
  • With most revolts crushed, the Japanese Emperor returns to Tokyo. This is typically seen as the end of the Interregnum period of Japanese history. No sooner than he has established some semblance of control over his own people, he begins an invasion of China on the Liaoning Peninsula (with Russian backing).
  • Meanwhile in Russia, a series of ever more violent pogroms results in Russia's Jews being rounded up and deported to the Far East - ostensibly for their own safety.
  • A series of escalating diplomatic incidents, confrontations and condemnations results in a heightening of global tensions; almost universally, the question is now when, not if, a war will break out.
  • The Chinese Empire, squeezed on both sides, sees Bejing fall to the Japanese. The government flees south, and begins negotiating with the Republic.
  • Amidst the fraught situation, no one even notices when British troops march into the Bombay Republic and Confederation of Gujarat.

On the other hand, those are plausible. We should also mention Russian Muslims, though, as I pictured Rodzaevsky as Anti-Muslim as well as Antisemitic.

• Turkey officially concludes an alliance with Germany. Russia, seeing her link to the outside world closing off, decides now is the time to act.
  • Rodzaevsky issues an ultimatum to Germany and her allies:
    • Transfer Belarus to the Russian State
    • Provide for a referendum in what remains of Ukraine on joining Russia
    • Withdraw all German forces from the Baltic states
    • Provide for the establishment of an international administration of the Bosporus and Marmara Sea region
  • Germany, of course, refuses Russia's (deliberately) outrageous demands. Within half an hour of their rejection, Russian troops steamroll into Ukraine and Belarus. Kiev falls within the day. The Second World War has begun.

Interesting idea. However, why should Turkey be important in this? And what about the Baltics or Finland?

EDIT: I would love an independent Sudetenland - why would that not be plausible?

Last edited:
I don't know how many 2019 maps Red Arturoist has done so far, but this is one of them
In line with the recent debates about the plausibility of some borders, I adjusted the borders of Central Europe. Also, I changed Australia so that only OTL Western Australi is libertarian-democratic.

Also, I removed some more subdivisions that I hadn't changed.

And, thanks to a permission from @Onerom ,
There ain't no such thing as copyright. Of course you can, I have used QBAMs uploaded to this forum by other people to help myself with the borders.

I could rework China. @Used-to-be Song Chinese and @KaiserEmu have also explained well why Yunnan shouldn't be independent (despite me thinking it was a homeland for the Miao or Yi people). This also solved issues with Ningxia etc. - though I still think that Nanjing would be the capital of China.

Ua7Q3bQ.png

Last edited:
In line with the recent debates about the plausibility of some borders, I adjusted the borders of Central Europe. Also, I changed Australia so that only OTL Western Australi is libertarian-democratic.

Also, I removed some more subdivisions that I hadn't changed.

YfyVEpQ.png
Interesting, but I think that I might give the Eastern part of the Sudetenland to Czechoslovakia. I like how Poland probably controls more non-Polish territory than Polish. Needs more Lithuania though.

Deleted member 107125

• September 1920: The last British troops leave the port of Bombay. India is now (almost) free of colonial control, and split into many new nations, although Germany exercises significant influence in the region. (I will admit, this seems quite radical for such a late POD, but given it seems well established, I’ll leave it in. I’d still like some clarification)
So in WWI the Germans collaborated with Indian freedom fighters and tried to get Afghanistan to join the Central Powers; IOTL it failed but here it succeeds. The British begin to lose supplies to take care of their colonies, and the Bombay, Bengal, United, and Punjab provinces join together to form the People's Republic of India.

So in WWI the Germans collaborated with Indian freedom fighters and tried to get Afghanistan to join the Central Powers; IOTL it failed but here it succeeds. The British begin to lose supplies to take care of their colonies, and the Bombay, Bengal, United, and Punjab provinces join together to form the People's Republic of India.
Domesitic British Strikes also ment that Britain would have to withdraw?

Hey guys, I am working on a few different projects for TTL, and I would like your input on which you would like to see first.
1. A current news article on the situation in Scotland.
2. A map of European alliances at the beginning of ww2.
3. The Ottoman civil war.
4. The history of Israel.
5. A propaganda map from ww2

Deleted member 107125

Hey guys, I am working on a few different projects for TTL, and I would like your input on which you would like to see first.
The last one sounds the most interesting

2 or 5 maybe?

Thanks for your feedback! Based on the current state of completion of each of these, I will probably have 2 and 4 up first, followed by 3 and then 5.

Alliances in Europe, circa 1942
CP victory European alliances.png

Alliances in Europe, circa 1942
Blue=*Eurasiatic Alliance
Red= *Orthodox Axis
Orange= **Miles Romanorum
Pink=Sorelian France and her allied Communes
*names subject to change
** "Soldiers of Rome"

Last edited:
You've actually given me an excellent idea for Croatia there, @mikroraptor ! Thanks!

How strong is pan-Slavism or Yugoslavism or even Austro-Slavism TTL? I feel like given a fairly standard CP victory with A-H breaking up, if Slovenia exists it may for some time be united with Croatia as some sort of "Illyria" (with Croatia roughly corresponding to Mikroraptor's borders).

Though Austria keeping Slovenia is also quite plausible if the empire breaks up more on its own terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.