A Shining Valley - The Great Desert Lake in California

For social issues its a mix. In general ASV America is much more socially conservative. However they are much more willing to overlook transgressions as long as you don't bring it up. And for abortion it isn't particularly a major issue. Sure abortion may be frowned upon, but as long as you do it quietly, few really care. Most actually consider mentioning abortion explicitly in politics to be in bad tastes, and so they mention it with innuendoes. Of course if you have problems or you want something (like same-sex marriage) this would impede you. Yes a Roe v Wade did happen, with it going down largely as it did OTL.
Very curious. In this regard, I want to ask - is there any analogue of the "Hayes Code" that regulates the content of entertainment media? And if so, how does American products compete with European counterparts?

One more thing @Planita13. What is the situation of Native Americans like? They seem to have their own state in Sequoyah, does that mean Natives have a bigger population overall? Did the "Indian Boarding schools" still happen ITTL?

Very curious. In this regard, I want to ask - is there any analogue of the "Hayes Code" that regulates the content of entertainment media? And if so, how does American products compete with European counterparts?
Yeah there is an analogue, with the same name which was implemented around the same time. I should mention again that Hollywood as we know it does not exist; the American film industry is centered where Silicon Valley (aka Santa Clara Valley) in Eureka is. The Code was about as rigid as OTL. In addition the MPPDA tried to have the code also apply the Spanish film industry in California. Although some film makers and government officials agreed with it, out of nationalistic pride they refused to abide by it. Not to mention the fact that the anti-miscegenation point of the Code, didn't land well with the multi-ethnic state of California. California already had its own film industry centered on the east coast of the Gran Lago, which was represented by the Motion Picture Union of California (Cinematográfica Unión de California). The two trade groups tussled with each other for several years, which involved a lot of boycotts, legal threats, and attempts by the federal government to intervene. In the end however, the MPPDA stopped trying to control Californian productions, as long as they spoke Spanish in the films only. While the CUC would implement its own Code, it was neither as strict or enforced as its English counterpart. As a result a lot of films were made by American film producers in Spanish, to get around it.

where do you go on Ali Express to insert the flag you want, please?
You order it on that page, and in a day or so someone from there would email you, asking for the file. I recommend using png only as they don't accept other formats like pdfs.

One more thing @Planita13. What is the situation of Native Americans like? They seem to have their own state in Sequoyah, does that mean Natives have a bigger population overall? Did the "Indian Boarding schools" still happen ITTL?
The status of Native Americans is... complicated. In the reservations outside of Sequoyah, a lot of them across America still deal with poverty and health issues. Actually the Native American population, 5 million or so, is still roughly around the same as OTL. The only difference is that they are concentrated in Sequoyah, with a quarter of the total population living within that state. In there Sequoyah still a large class divide, between the ones that were able to profit off the oil boom and everyone else, although at least most of these oil barons try to improve their own state. At least they have the benefit of a state government that entirely focuses on their needs And oh yeah those boarding schools still existed. In the early days of Sequoyah federal government encouraged religious groups to found these schools in the state, and often tried to have these schools be the primary education system in Sequoyah. In the 1950s, the Supreme Court struck down the ability to interfere with the state's education system, although the federal government could still threaten to withhold aid if the curriculum wasn't approved. This didn't end until the 1980s.

I should mention again that Hollywood as we know it does not exist; the American film industry is centered where Silicon Valley (aka Santa Clara Valley) in Eureka is.
I hope that everything will not change so much and we will see films with Carey Grant, Boris Karloff, Grace Kelly and Faith Domergue - otherwise my alternate version will die of a heart attack :'(
Did I understand correctly that the Production Code is no longer valid? I dare to suggest that California films are much cheaper

I hope that everything will not change so much and we will see films with Carey Grant, Boris Karloff, Grace Kelly and Faith Domergue - otherwise my alternate version will die of a heart attack :'(
Did I understand correctly that the Production Code is no longer valid? I dare to suggest that California films are much cheaper
Yea unfortunately butterflies exist so those actors have never existed. Sorry :| On the bright side your alternate self never would have known that they existed and besides there are other great actors TTL (that I need to create).

Yeah the codes for English and Spanish films was rescinded in the 50s and 60s, and California is a film and cultural hub for Latin America. How do you mean cheaper films?

B movies

There are few who can compare with their beauty to Grace Kelly.
Not really. The United States has significantly more economic connections to Latin America, not just Mexico. Orilla (the term for the Californian film industry) produces many A-list Spanish or bilingual movies. Of course, though that B movies are a thing, but they are as common as they are with OTL Hollywood.
If TTL Hollywood is Santa Clara Valley then Valley is probably the general term. It doesn't lend neatly to analogism though.
"Cinema Valley."
I was thinking something along those lines. Maybe Santa Clara as well.

Not really. The United States has significantly more economic connections to Latin America, not just Mexico. Orilla (the term for the Californian film industry) produces many A-list Spanish or bilingual movies. Of course, though that B movies are a thing, but they are as common as they are with OTL Hollywood.

I was thinking something along those lines. Maybe Santa Clara as well.
You could also go for the names of specific cities//landmarks

Campbell, Saratoga...now that I think about, Yerba Buena would actually make a good name for the whole industry.

The Economist: 5th Oct 2019
2lp1foe.png