A Shining Valley - The Great Desert Lake in California

What's (L)?
Western Labor Party, basically a regional level political party affiliated with the National Union, like the Center Party. Although the WLP is more closely linked with the broader labor movement than the Center Party, for all intents and purposes they both are counted as part of the National Union delegation.

Let me make it more clearer and also state politics will be expanded on soon.

Last edited:
Hey guys so my school just started and I'm dealing with a lot of personal stuff, so for now this is going to be on hiatus.

This whole project blew up beyond what I was expecting and I am honestly happy to see that I have fans. However my life must come first, but rest assured I'm coming back as soon as I can.

Hey guys so my school just started and I'm dealing with a lot of personal stuff, so for now this is going to be on hiatus.

This whole project blew up beyond what I was expecting and I am honestly happy to see that I have fans. However my life must come first, but rest assured I'm coming back as soon as I can.
Hope it all goes well for you!

Real life comes first, will be waiting patiently for more awesome updates!

National Assembly
USA2EuK.png

Last edited:
It's back!
Hey guys! I'm back (for now) because after finishing the first round of exams, I had some time. I can't really guarntee that I'll be around for long though :(

I've also taken the opportunity to revise some of my earlier posts such as the 2016 Primary by nerfing the Moderate's gains and by creating a custom format! But yeah I'll be going back to my life soon.

How does this National Assembly manage 5555 delegate? Also, in what sort of building do they hold this? Is the White House/Capitol big enough? Or do they need to rent a stadium?

Also, @Planita13 , I still didn't quite understand the system regarding the National Union. I understood that this USA is democratic, correct? Why would you then not go for separate parties, but for a nominal "single party" with such different factions instead?

How does this National Assembly manage 5555 delegate? Also, in what sort of building do they hold this? Is the White House/Capitol big enough? Or do they need to rent a stadium?

Also, @Planita13 , I still didn't quite understand the system regarding the National Union. I understood that this USA is democratic, correct? Why would you then not go for separate parties, but for a nominal "single party" with such different factions instead?
Yeah they basically rent a stadium. Since they only meet every four years for a couple of weeks, they can manage that. Its little more than a voting body.

Also apologizes for not being clearer on this since its the basis of my political system. Yes America is a democracy, but a unique one.

I think the source of your confusion is that the National Union has been heavily revised from its original iteration when I first posted it in June. So for the current canon (which should be final now) the National Union is not an ordinary political party. Indeed there is a debate whether the National Union even is a political party and not some political organization masquerading as one. But it is been clear that the National Union stopped becoming a ordinary political party during the 1940s when the Pacific War happened. Even before the National Union was a pretty powerful political party with lots of factions. However during the Pacific War unified government was formed with the complete backing of the increasingly powerful labor unions. Today National Union does not own control seats at the state level; state politics are done by state parties affiliated with the National Union only. They really only have senators and representatives run under their ticket.

However what I can say is that the National Union today is a neutral political forum for the American labor movement where labor unions and workers comes together and work together politically. It allows the extremely powerful labor movement (50% of the workforce is unionized) in America to come together and ideally form a united front against those who want to harm the cause. Since the factions basically cover most of the political preferences of the average American voter, because they are all pro-labor to a degree, they can work within the National Union regardless. Its equal parts political consideration and equal parts tradition that keeps the NU alive.

But OOC, the reason why I made the National Union is that I wanted a unique approach to a multi-party system in a country where a multi-party system is hard to maintain. Thus the multi-party system manifests itself in the primary.

I hope this answers your question.

Fascinating. I know the labor unions have a lot of power, but how left-wing is the rest of the economy? Is there universal healthcare, are there any major nationalizations?

Also, Obligatory, "I'm glad you're back". This is one of the best graphic TLs on the site, and I've been missing it.

IcyCaspian

Banned
"Hey guys! I'm back"
Enormous spreadsheets have entered the chat
Anyway in all seriousness I'm really glad that this TL is back, really looking forward to being able to help with graphics and what-not.

Fascinating. I know the labor unions have a lot of power, but how left-wing is the rest of the economy? Is there universal healthcare, are there any major nationalizations?

Also, Obligatory, "I'm glad you're back". This is one of the best graphic TLs on the site, and I've been missing it.
Actually not much is directly nationalized, but a significant part of the economy consist of corporations which are fully under the control of labor unions, so they are somewhat like workers cooperatives. The most powerful labor unions such as the United Congress of American Labor have significant sway in the National Union, and oppose nationalization by the government.

Speaking of healthcare, there is no universal healthcare. They do have a Medicare and Medicaid equivalents which are quite generous and well funded by, but they only cover the elderly and poor respectively. For everyone else you have to get insurance from your labor union as part of your benefits, from your employer, or both as in the case of the labor manged enterprises. Otherwise you have to pay for private insurance. However what makes this manageable is that healthcare costs are significantly lower due various causes such as to government action on behalf of the labor unions, competition among insurance providers, and less expensive drugs. You still have co-pays and what much, but the costs aren't overwhelming. For example instead of it costing 10 thousand dollars or so to give birth here, it costs under several hundred in a hospital in ASV USA. If you have insurance, most or almost all of it would be covered, but if not you still have to pay that out of pocket.

Also thanks haha. But I still have my classes to do so I have to part ways with you guys again. I'm sorry :/

Last edited:
Nice! Is James Wallace still unpopular? And how left/right are social issues in the US? Was there an alt-Roe v Wade?

Also, obligatory "I love your TL". It's one of the most high-effort graphic TLs I have seen.

Nice! Is James Wallace still unpopular? And how left/right are social issues in the US? Was there an alt-Roe v Wade?

Also, obligatory "I love your TL". It's one of the most high-effort graphic TLs I have seen.
Ha ha thank you again!

And oh yea James Wallace is extremely unpopular; not only the economy still shit, but his Labor Secretary and himself are involved in a major political scandal. Its doubtful if he will run for a second term.

For social issues its a mix. In general ASV America is much more socially conservative. However they are much more willing to overlook transgressions as long as you don't bring it up. And for abortion it isn't particularly a major issue. Sure abortion may be frowned upon, but as long as you do it quietly, few really care. Most actually consider mentioning abortion explicitly in politics to be in bad tastes, and so they mention it with innuendoes. Of course if you have problems or you want something (like same-sex marriage) this would impede you. Yes a Roe v Wade did happen, with it going down largely as it did OTL.