Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The borders of that "technate" are digging into my skin like knives used to force ethnic groups into angular boxes on a map.

Glad I managed to get that general feeling across. Though at this point, ethnic groups wouldn't really be relevant... *cough* *cough*

---It was kind of just a fun ASB thing and I ran out of ideas.---

The borders of that "technate" are digging into my skin like knives used to force ethnic groups into angular boxes on a map.
Good news because "digging into skin with knives" is something the Technate is pretty keen on. Transhumanism isnt painless afterall.

A culture M-BAM? That sounds utterly subjective and arbitrary.
I have to agree. There's clearly been a lot of effort put into it, and that's commendable, but like.... real life isn't a Paradox game, you can't just draw up "provinces" and assign singular cultures (or religions, etc) to each of them and pretend that's any sort of objective fact, or even that valuable of a reference.

Hello~ !
(@ Blacklister, mainly)
I love the idea of a 'cultural map'. Although I agree with one person's comment that it is subjective - that is definitely true - it is still an interesting idea. What is the key to colours, which cultures do they represent?

Glad I managed to get that general feeling across. Though at this point, ethnic groups wouldn't really be relevant... *cough* *cough*

---It was kind of just a fun ASB thing and I ran out of ideas.---
There are no ethnic groups in a technate world, because ethnic groups are a term of backwards “liberal” societies who used to infight themselves and resist consumerism with the idea of ethnicities and culture/values! There are now only three races, a genetically and mentally refined master race who fill the technate’s councils, the civilian/normal human race, and the servant race™ serving the upper two races and who have been genetically engineered to possess animal body features in order to underline their inferiority. Glory to technological progress! Down with divisive “cultural identities”! The South Asian Technate shall reach the Mars and beyond!

There are no ethnic groups in a technate world, because ethnic groups are a term of backwards “liberal” societies who used to infight themselves and resist consumerism with the idea of ethnicities and culture/values! There are now only three races, a genetically and mentally refined master race who fill the technate’s councils, the civilian/normal human race, and the servant race™ serving the upper two races and who have been genetically engineered to possess animal body features in order to underline their inferiority. Glory to technological progress! Down with divisive “cultural identities”! The South Asian Technate shall reach the Mars and beyond!
Eeeh... depends on your kind of technocracy.
View attachment 475718
Ethiopia: It's like Yugoslavia but worse, way worse.

Hi.
So, I saw this video on youtube:
Although it is pretty Disturbing, it has some interesting (obviously satirical) maps in it.
L

The Regions and Regional Capitals of the Union of Britain (1976)

On their victory in the brief if bloody Second Civil War following the violent suppression of the 1926 General Strike, the British People's Revolutionary Council attempted to do away with reactionary and bourgeois attachments to the pre-Revolutionary British counties by establishing new administrative regions on the French Revolutionary model, named after the principal rivers that flowed through each.

1aixxvp.jpg

On their victory in the brief if bloody Second Civil War following the violent suppression of the 1926 General Strike, the British People's Revolutionary Council attempted to do away with reactionary and bourgeois attachments to the pre-Revolutionary British counties by establishing new administrative regions on the French Revolutionary model, named after the principal rivers that flowed through each.

At least no square subdivisions! I like that map!

Status
Not open for further replies.