Status
Not open for further replies.
The novel takes place in an alternate 1980s. Not a half bad book. I recommend at least borrowing it from your local library.

I'm sure that the story is good, but the author clearly cannot design flags. Grey and blue and black blend into each other in the distance, so from a few metres away the flag would just become part of a cloudy sky.

I'm sure that the story is good, but the author clearly cannot design flags. Grey and blue and black blend into each other in the distance, so from a few metres away the flag would just become part of a cloudy sky.
Perhaps the colours were wrong:
juxony.png

The author States that the flag was crafted from one of the founder's prison uniform from his time at a death camp. The description was "a star and stripes." "The stripes were crudly sewn on from his prison uniform. (Paraphrasing)". Odd enough, I don't recall the color of the star being named. So I went with a more somber black.

Perhaps the colours were wrong:
View attachment 487247

pB9SM45.png

The third and last flag of the three, and of the entire night, goes to this redesign I made for the Ivory Coast, or as they'd like to be called, the République de Côte d'Ivoire. Because they'd prefer to speak in French for whatever reason (despite the French being their colonial overlords for over a century). The Elephant is there because, of course, Ivory (it's in their name, duh). Wonder why they don't have one on their IRL flag, given that their IRL flag is basically identical to Ireland except reversed (almost the same problem that Chad has with Romania).

what if the bands were vertical instead of horizontal?

Deleted member 135296

Hello! (I'm new here!)
I even have a flag challenge for.... whoever accepts it.
All flag request will be of my Timeline (I won't be posting it on this site though, it's more of a script of a play than for a timeline, I'd need to rewrite it to be able to post it)

The French National State; Go for a fascist-like, yet also communist-like design, since this new ideology "Communal Ultrapatriotism (I really need a new name)" includes both.

The Kingdom of Dravidia; A breakaway state from India. I suppose you can get something out from the Chola dynasty flag.

The Sultanate of Punjab and Sindh; A union state between Punjab and Sindh. When Baluchestan broke away, the Punjabis and Sindhis also broke away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 135296

I found this flag that I had made years ago. The explanation I gave for this to occur is absolutely bizarre but it was very early on when I was getting into alternate history. I only had paint but for my first time making a flag, I think I did a pretty good job. But I think it still looks fairly cool, Thinking of remaking it and potentially keeping the crowns that I removed and make one for the Prussian part. But anyway here's the flag of Prussia-Austria-Hungary.

View attachment 486805
It would be more of a Germany-Austria-Hungary, since "Prussia" here is using the German imperial colours, not the Prussian ones. Also, Austria would probably join Germany as well, since their majorities both speak the same language. So..., Germany-Hungary? (a.k.a. edit the flag a bit?)

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
Hello! (I'm new here!)
I even have a flag challenge for.... whoever accepts it.
All flag request will be of my Timeline (I won't be posting it on this site though, it's more of a script of a play than for a timeline, I'd need to rewrite it to be able to post it)

The Third Empire of Francia; In my TL, France becomes a fascist-like empire, while Germany becomes an empire after a referendum. France goes practically maniacal and claims that they and Germany were "born enemies, even before their nations' birth", or so their propaganda said (Note that their propaganda was very effective).

The Kingdoms of New Guinea, Sumatra, Borneo, and Sulawesi; Germany needed allies, so he called in Papua New Guinea, who refused his offer. Then, Germany craftily changed the government there (a.k.a. to show the French their might), without the rest of the world having to know much about it*. New Guinea (as it was renamed) went expansionist in its earliest couple of years and invaded Indonesia while they and Thailand were too busy invading Malaysia. At the end of that war, Indonesia was divided into three new Kingdoms, all allying with Germany.

The Republic of Baluchistan; While Pakistan was fighting in a local war, Baluchistan claimed independence, Pakistan eventually joined India because of economic struggles after Baluchestan left.

The Empire of Greater Britannia, The Indian State, The Australasian Union, The Kingdoms of Bangladesh, Dravidia, and Assam-Bamar, The Sultanates of Punjab and Sindh, The Caliphate of Maldivia, and The Federation of the Ganges; After seeing the aggressiveness of New Guinea, Britain's government went crazy, as they proclaimed the Empire of Greater Britannia, and annexed Canada. India and Australia followed suit and established the Indian and Australasian States. Germany immediately ignited a "powderkeg" in India and launched a revolution. Eventually, the fighting caused South Indian crops to be destroyed, so the locals (who were ethnically Dravidians) migrated to central India, while Maldivians moved in, forcing the rebel Maldivian Government, to claim a relatively larger piece of land than ever before - all of the Southern half of India, which was radical, even to the Maldivian Caliph!

The Kingdom of Brabant; France was jealous of the Indian/Indonesian expansion of Germany and his allies in South-East Asia (see #2), so they annexed land from Spain and sent an ultimatum to Belgium and Luxembourg to join France. Luxembourg refused, bought land from Belgium, and then joined Germany instead (because Luxembourg trusted Germany more than France). Belgium traded lands with the Netherlands, and only agreed to cede Namur and Hainaut, with money as compensation for the rest. The Belgian ruling family then establishes the Kingdom of Brabant.

The Federal Russian Republic; After losing a bunch of wars to many small nations, Russia decided to go to isolation, and became a Federal Republic in order to keep minorities from rebelling.
(*Note that the West wasn't really interfering in foreign politics; the UN wasn't doing much and NATO and the EU were already disbanded at this point, and Russia had gone into isolationism, with US following suit.)
Also, I already have the flag of the German Empire. It may be a bit pixellated, but I'm only using MS Paint, so don't judge me (though suggestions would be good).

Try your hand in the Request Maps/Flags Thread.

Deleted member 135296

Try your hand in the Request Maps/Flags Thread.
Um... but there are a lot of flag challenges in this thread. So I thought 'why not', and went for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
BookReaderImages.php

So, I was doing research for a alternate history novel I'm writing and I came across this document. I don't think there's much more that needs to be said. I don't advocate for Ba'athism or anything of the sort, I just thought this was a interesting find.

What are some good colors that go along with purple?
In what respect?
Are you wanting something on top of (dark) purple, in which case it needs to be paler like white, yellow, etc.
Or are you wanting something alongside? In which case in the colour can't clash, so depends on the type of purple.
Or is the purple already separated by pale colours?

Status
Not open for further replies.