AHC&WI: Larger Armenia

Armenia is a small nation on the Caucasus region in the modern era that had extended into what we know as Eastern Turkey and parts of Azerbaijan, today, in the centuries gone by.

Like we talked about for the Arabs in the other thread, let's take Armenians in this thread. What would be the largest nation/empire they could have? Northern Iraq and Syria? Northern and Western Persia(and some parts interior, if possible)? Eastern Anatolia and Levant? You can give many more ideas.

What would be the consequences of a larger Armenia at the start of the Ancient Era? Since they would be populous and powerful in the OTL Greater Babylonian/Assyrian Empire, Persian Empire, Seleucid Empire, Macedonian Empire, Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire and later, the Arab Caliphates, what effects would this have on these empires that ruled the crossroads of the World, if the Armenians were more numerous and powerful in these areas?

Would a scenario where an Armenian dynasty comes to rule the Byzantine Empire for some period of time count? Depending on the point of divergence, this state could encompass a substantial portion of Southern Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

Would a scenario where an Armenian dynasty comes to rule the Byzantine Empire for some period of time count? Depending on the point of divergence, this state could encompass a substantial portion of Southern Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
That still isn't Armenia. They would most likely assimilate and become Greeks, for all practical purposes in a couple of generations.

I'm looking for an earlier spread like say, during the Era of the Mitanni or around that Era, itself.

Nephi

Banned
I think an after 1900 pod could come into play, if Armenia with Wilsonian borders had become a US trust territory after WW1, they probably keep those borders to today.

Whether the Mitanni count as Armenian in any meaningful sense is another question.
The Mitanni population were mostly Hurrians from the Caucasus region though the ruling class was of an Indo-Iranian branch who eventually adopted the Hurrian language. Armenians are the descendants of Urartians, a close relative of the Hurrians. I could see an affinity developing the two as the Armenian state develops but in this situation, Armenians might become bilingual.

But the earlier the POD the higher possibility of it not being longer lasting. IIRC Armenia was quite large during the years of the Roman republic but lost it after awhile. But idk I’m drunk.
That's true. But Armenia wasn't that large to start with, either. Armenia, parts of Azerbaijan and Eastern Turkey were a part of what was Greater Armenia.

What I'm looking is something like a Hurro-Urartian(the base population of Armenians) union from the Levant to Caucasus, which could lead to a larger Armenia but a bilingual one.

That's true. But Armenia wasn't that large to start with, either. Armenia, parts of Azerbaijan and Eastern Turkey were a part of what was Greater Armenia.

What I'm looking is something like a Hurro-Urartian(the base population of Armenians) union from the Levant to Caucasus, which could lead to a larger Armenia but a bilingual one.
I don’t know much about armenia so idk. My only idea for a larger Armenia is a longer lasting count of Edessa.