Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP - Pax Brasileira

In this timeline, somehow Brazil becomes the only superpower, like the United States of our time. I'm working out on how this could happen however many things will need to be butterflied away or simply go ASB but f*ck I'm having fun doing this.

Basically the Imperial Federation of Brazil is powerful enough to annex/conquest/purchase Paraguay, Uruguay, northern Argentina, most of Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela and the Guyanas, industrialize enough to compete with Europe in c. XIX, pacifically reforms their government and becames the leader of the Americas and later of the world

The Republic of Chile is Brazil's best friend, the southern Pacific is their realm and somehow they never had civil wars and coup d'etat, becaming the oldest and most stable democracy in the Americas, they're a developed country by 2019

The Andine Republic and Argentine Confederation are what remains from Peru, Bolivia and Argentina, respectively. After their loses, they started to follow the brazilian and chilean model and by 2019 they have became stable and prosperous nations, however they still had some internal problems to solve before becoming full developed

Gran Colombia is a corrupt oligarchy and is considered Brazil's biggest threat, however they're well armed so Brazil can't intervene directly so the empire decided to help and fund the countless pro-democracy movements, by 2019 Gran Colombia is suffering from riots and national strikes in pro of a stable and non corrupt democracy. Brazil, Chile and Mexico have warned Gran Colombia to not use their armed forces against their own population if they don't want to face "nasty consequences"

The Caribbean Federation and United Provinces of Central America are stable democracies alligned with Brazil and Mexico, by 2019 they're considered developed nations.

The Empire of Mexico never falls and quickly grow friendly relations with Brazil. Mexico is powerful enough to expand their influence over North America. In 1956 the North American Economic Alliance is created, by 2019 Mexico is the major economic power in the organization.

Rest of North America and the world will be explained in other posts :)

Pax brasilera.png

WIP - Pax Brasileira

In this timeline, somehow Brazil becomes the only superpower, like the United States of our time. I'm working out on how this could happen however many things will need to be butterflied away or simply go ASB but f*ck I'm having fun doing this.

Basically Imperial Federation of Brazil is powerful enough to annex/conquest/purchase Paraguay, Uruguay, northern Argentina, most of Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela and the Guyanas, industrialize enough to compete with Europe in c. XIX, pacifically reforms their government and becames the leader of South America. By 2019 Brazil is the most powerful nation of the world.

The Republic of Chile is Brazil's best friend, the southern Pacific is their realm and somehow they never had civil wars and coup d'etat, becaming the oldest and most stable democracy in the Americas, they're a developed country by 2019

The Andine Republic and Argentine Confederation are what remains from Peru, Bolivia and Argentina, respectively. After their loses, they started to follow the brazilian and chilean model and by 2019 they have became stable and prosperous nations, however they still had some internal problems to solve before becoming full developed

Gran Colombia is a corrupt oligarchy and is considered Brazil's biggest threat, however they're well armed so Brazil can't intervene directly so the empire decided to help and fund the countless pro-democracy movements, by 2019 Gran Colombia is suffering from riots and national strikes in pro of a stable and non corrupt democracy. Brazil, Chile and Mexico has threatened Gran Colombia to not use their armed forces against their own population if they don't want to face "nasty consequences"

The Caribbean Federation and United Provinces of Central America are stable democracies alligned with Brazil and Mexico, by 2019 they're considered developed nations.

The Empire of Mexico never falls and quickly grow friendly relations with Brazil. Mexico is powerful enough to expand their influence over North America. In 1956 the North American Economic Alliance is created, by 2019 Mexico is the major economic power in the organization.

Rest of North America and the world will be explained in other posts :)

View attachment 487024
What have you done to my poor great lakes

I'm trying something different. I've never seen people try to make a map of a world that is, while very different and definitely not perfect, a little bit better than OTL, so I'm taking a swing at it. I'm trying to flesh out Subsaharan Central Africa and India RN.

Well, I've occasionally done that mostly by accident. :biggrin:

Any universe with a surviving Lotharingia is off to a good start. :)

So many issues. For instance, why the Japanese would give up what they got without concessions (the threats no doubt made to them should be mentioned) and I don't see the Chinese welcoming the American and British officials coming to reorganize things. Nor would the domestic markets of those countries like having hundreds of milloin in cash poured into a competitor. Ahhh, and South Africa is not going to simply roll over and let the British give away what they saw as their war prize. It was part of why the British wouldn't have been able to give back the islands seized from Germany in the Pacific, as it would anger Australia and New Zealand. You also gave the Germans Walvis Bay and Ghana. You should have combined the French area with Togo if you wanted that for them. I also feel the British would build their rail road faster if they didn't have to go through German territory. Dear Selaam was not a minor port. I see you mentoined giving Ireland independence in a later post on here, but if so do it carefully. I mostly mention as you say here that Ireland was somehow completely subsumed into The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. I am unsure how much farther you could go. Now, if you did it with SCOTLAND and put them under the same legal system as the Welsh and English...
The good news is that this IS a TL in its infancy. So I already have come to realize that some ideas work better than others.

Looks good but... Mongolia having 48 seats? It only has about 3 million people.

I think some of the figures for African countries might be low too.
It should be one... Not sure how I was able to fuck it up. I used the UN figures for I believe mid 2019. That gives Africa about 17% of the world population which is hopefully somewhat accurate.

Not sure if I've posted this here, yet. But better late than never. The original DeviantArt version can be found here.

As much as possible, I've tried to stay as faithful to the RTS games and source material as possible (further info on which can be found on Gamepedia and Wikia), though there are a couple of creative licenses made to make everything as consistent and detailed as possible. In addition, some elements are based on the cancelled Tiberium game as well as what could be salvaged from Tiberian Twilight (what is this C&C4 that you speak of?). Nonetheless, I try to make this as approachable to newcomers to the franchise as for long-time fans. Also, a special thanks to RoyalPsycho whose own take of the Tiberium games has been useful in helping work out the Red Zone and Blue Zone borders.

...If all of the above sounds familiar, it's because it felt like the previous version didn't quite seem complete enough. So instead of musing over whether to toy with prequel maps, I decided to combine both ideas into a more complete profile. In addition to further references to Tiberian Dawn, however, there are also a lot more nods to Tiberian Sun though with some creative liberties; coincidentally, getting the right details for the Tiberian Sun section was much harder as details were much more fragmentary. All the same, along with some corrections and tweaks, I try to stay as true to the source as possible.

And last but not least, this is a fan work and a work of fiction. This is not meant to be propaganda or a political or ideological spiel. All rights belong to their respective owners.

That being said, hope you enjoy!

----

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Legacy

It is the year 2052. And the world is not as it once was.

To understand this, you have to turn back the clock. While the academics would argue going as far back as the Second World War, the most immediate point of reference is Central Italy. In 1995, a meteor crashed along the historic Tiber River. Striking an olive plantation with no reported casualties, this would have been otherwise uneventful if not for a green crystalline substance that it brought along and quickly spread into the surrounding countryside. This alien noncarbon-based element, known as Tiberium, soon came to be seen as an incredibly valuable resource due to how the crystals not only leech nutrients from the ground but can also be harvested, and subsequently processed into useful material with far more efficiency than previously possible. Whether it was named after the Roman Emperor Tiberius or the river itself proved to be irrelevant, as before long it was found that it could spread almost anywhere, the speed of which being influenced by soil density and (generally warmer) ambient temperature; then reports came of the lethal and even mutagenic effects on any lifeforms contaminated by it. Although poorer countries straddling the equatorial regions tended to be hit hardest by the green crystal, few at the time really knew the repercussions of those early findings.

It was also during this pivotal period that a mysterious organization calling itself the Brotherhood of Nod revealed itself to the public. Led by its even more enigmatic yet charismatic leader, a man known only as Kane, it quickly seized upon the discovery of Tiberium to gain a substantial grip over the market, in the process pioneering mining and harvesting methods; before long, Nod became an economic superpower in all but name, at its early peak seizing as much as 49% of the world's supply through various proxies. At the same time, this stateless movement aggressively began expanding its influence into developing and war-striken countries - from Africa to even parts of post-Cold War Europe - through a mix of propaganda, subterfuge, terrorist attacks and outright military coups. Realizing the severity of the threat, the United Nations officially established the UN Global Defence Initiative or GDI by the end of 1995, an international peacekeeping force tasked with preserving world order by combating global terrorism; though formed around an earlier multinational joint force, (called "Special Operations Group Echo, Black Ops 9"), its establishment was unprecedented for its day. It would not be until the late 1990s, however, that open confrontation finally broke out in what has since been called the First Tiberium War. Through the deployment of innovative technologies and experimental weapons (made possible or accelerated in one way or another by Tiberium) and in spite of the increasingly underhanded and insidious methods employed by the Brotherhood, GDI prevailed against all odds. Eventually, Nod was pushed back to Sarajevo, Bosnia, where its main Temple and headquarters stood. The ensuing battle, culminating in the Temple's destruction (and Kane's seeming demise) by ion cannon, resulted in GDI earning a hard-fought victory and the Free World rejoiced.

That triumph was short-lived. For as the early 21st Century progressed, Tiberium not only continued to spread unabated across the globe in increasingly varied ways, but to the shock of scientists the substance was both changing the environment and evolving with it. Neither was the Brotherhood fully defeated as many hoped, instead managing to morph into a quasi-state and religious order, albeit a fractured one rife with infighting; in an attempt to weaken it further into irrelevance, an ever more consolidated GDI resorted to propping up puppet collaborators, which backfired with the rise of Anton Slavik. Then in 2030, Kane revealed himself to be alive (and not aged at all) for all the world to see, which combined with his followers' resurgence under Slavik would lead to the Second Tiberium War. Fought with even more advanced and destructive weapons on both sides, nonetheless with the help of mutant tribes known as the Forgotten, GDI triumphed once again, with the so-called "Messiah" thought to have been killed in Cairo. Within only months, however, a reactivated CABAL (an evolved Nod AI originally designed towards the end of the First Tib. War) went rogue and attempted to enact its own plans with an army of cyborgs, themselves the result of Nod's research into mechanical augmentation. In the so-called Firestorm Crisis that ensued, both sides forced themselves to work together in defeating the AI, with GDI forces dealing the killing blow in 2032 to its central core in the Libyan wasteland. Yet even after saving humanity from extinction and managing to avert total planetary catastrophe through those victories, peace still remained tenuous at best. Especially when the world itself seemed perpetually on the brink.

Then came the Third Tiberium War. On March 2047, after biding its time, a renewed Nod succeeded in disabling GDI's A-SAT defenses long enough to launch a nuclear ICBM on the orbital GDSS Philadelphia, wiping out much of the top political and military leadership. This was followed by Kane (very much alive and not a year older) revealing himself to the wider world by hijacking news broadcasts, which soon revealed to be the signal for an all-out global assault on GDI-held territories. At that time, however, the defenders of the free world (or what remained of it) had undergone downsizing, with many installations either reduced or closed down in favor of focusing on containment, which made the attacks all the more shocking. Despite initial setbacks and the Brotherhood's upgrades (both in planning and technology), however, it wasn't long before GDI forces and Central Command managed to turn the tide, eventually going from defensive operations to offensives into enemy strongholds. Eventually, Nod was pushed back to Temple Prime in Sarajevo, built atop the original Temple. But even as casualties mounted on both sides, Acting Director-General Redmond Boyle - former head of the GDI Treasury and the highest-ranking government official left alive - had not only began directly meddling to bolster his reputation (despite his incompetence). But despite intelligence reports of substantial amounts Liquid Tiberium being beneath the besieged complex (and growing protests from military commanders), the vainglorious man went so far as abuse his position to order an ion cannon strike, just like how the First Tib. War ended. And, though known only after the fact, just as what Kane planned.

The destruction of Temple Prime detonated the Liquid Tiberium beneath it, killing not only everyone around Sarajevo but also millions of civilians. Although it rendered much of Eastern Europe and North Africa nigh uninhabitable, as tragic as the whole affair was - if not an outright, if unintended war crime - it seemed that the conflict would soon be over. Those hopes were dashed, however, when that same detonation was found to have drawn in hostile visitors from across the stars. Known as the Scrin, little is known even now of these aliens or just their physical appearance (apart from being generally insectoid in nature), but their highly advanced biomechanical constructs were devastating enough as the invaders attacked cities and launched strikes on every continent; it's speculated that they may very well be responsible for bringing the green crystal in the first place. Such was the threat that GDI and Nod, if only briefly were one in stopping this existential danger, though it was nowhere near enough to unify humanity as hostilities between both sides continued while fighting the alien menace for very different reasons. It was soon discovered that the "invasion" was one massive diversionary move meant to mask their mining operations, the centerpiece of which being the construction of massive superstructures called "Thresholds." Through a series of risky counteroffensives lasting into 2049, GDI succeeded in not only destroying nearly all of said "Thresholds" - save for one, which Nod intentionally let the aliens complete before seizing it - but also the control node the extraterrestrials had set up in Ground Zero itself. With the Scrin literally stopped in their tracks (their forces either dissolving or shutting down), the Brotherhood seemingly put in their place elsewhere and Boyle forced to resign by GDI amidst the celebrations, the conflict was at last over.

It has been three years since the formal end of the Third Tiberium War. 57 years on from that fateful meteor impact, conditions continue to deteriorate with Tiberium contamination reaching critical levels. Beyond environmental damage and climate change (infamously manifesting in the form of volatile ion storms), its spread over the past decades helped bring about economic and political instability of growing severity. By the Second Tiberium War and Firestorm Crisis in the early 2030s, several countries across the globe had crumbled amidst widespread civil unrest and societal collapse. In response to the changing realities on the ground, the map had to radically redrawn into three designated "Zones." "Blue Zones" (comprising about 20% of the globe) comprise territories experiencing the least ecological damage from the green crystal, and in more than a few cases where people from various countries were evacuated to. "Yellow Zones" (about 50%), meanwhile, are regions that are not only dangerously contaminated but also hold most of the world's remaining population in varying degrees of hardship. Lastly, are the "Red Zones" (the remaining 30%), marking almost alien wastelands with extremely high degrees of infestation, are barely recognizable from what they once were and are utterly lethal without heavy protection. Although the old national borders still find use, if mainly for historical, logistical and geographic purposes, sufficed to say this state of affairs has resulted in a greatly altered and tenuous geopolitical map. Into which, stand the two sole great powers of the modern age.

The Global Defense Initiative perseveres as both the guardian and governing body of the civilized world. Its present form, however, is a far cry from its origins in the United Nations, and not one that its founders or their successors intended, though they have undoubtedly tried as best as they could given the circumstances. With conditions worsening after the First Tib. War, its mandate grew to include the research and containment of Tiberium while being delegated more duties beyond that of a peacekeeping force as originally formed. Eventually, it had not only outlasted the UN and subsumed much of its surviving elements by the 2030s, but increasingly found itself answerable to no one, as political power and sovereignty from the remaining nation-states (particularly those in what became Blue Zones) were ceded to GDI; out of necessity, new and reconstituted civil institutions were brought into the fold, though separate from the military chain of command. Thus while member countries still nominally exist, it has become a world government and superstate in its own right; partly due to the severe socio-political upheavals and sheer necessity, the old national identities - barring certain exceptions like the British Isles or Japan - have largely faded in favor of more multicultural and global ones, albeit unified under a common, Western-derived culture. Although its actual power, in practice is largely confined to Blue Zones and a handful of Yellow Zones, it has nonetheless managed to - in spite of constant threats, the looming dangers of Tiberium contamination and the suspension of many civilian rights due to being on a constant war footing - maintain some semblance of normalcy, prosperity and democratic liberties; standards of living for the average Blue zone citizen, indeed, would be perceived as near-utopian by late 20th Century eyes. To say nothing of the myriad projects and private sector collaborations that have helped in stemming the tide of Tiberium, while making various advancements possible, ranging from clean, efficient cold fusion reactors to orbital stations (like the GDSS Philadelphia) and embryonic space fleets. Nor to ignore the original military core of GDI. A direct continuation of the professional armed forces and military traditions of the G8 nations, the armed forces is still committed to upholding the original mandate of preserving world order (on top of their other duties). Even with the downsizing prior to the Third Tib. War in, the men and women in uniform are renowned for their superior training, discipline and potent firepower. Said firepower is thanks to an arsenal combining conventional weapons (much of which could be traced back at least partially to those of the United States Armed Forces) with tried-and-tested methods and the latest in technological developments, such as hover-tech, sonic weaponry (originally intended for Tiberium containment) and magnetic railguns that could be miniaturized to fit on vehicles or even as anti-material infantry arms. Of these, among the most iconic include the Mammoth Tank Mk. III (the latest in a long line), Orca family of VTOL aircraft, power armor-equipped Zone Troopers and next-generation ion cannon systems long negating any real need to use aging nuclear warheads; this to not to ignore the hardened Zone Operations Command or ZOCOM - a special branch formed after the Second Tib. War, under the command of Gen. Rentaria, one of the first female GDI generals - and its use of even more potent sonic-based munitions to aid its grueling task of operating (and establishing beachheads) in Red Zones. Combined with rugged maintenance and an ability to deploy troops anywhere on the planet at a moment's notice, it is not for nothing that even with its flaws, GDI's claims of being mankind's last best hope are very much grounded.

The Brotherhood of Nod is another matter, and remains a potent threat. Although its own dogma claims that it has been around for thousands of years, what is known with any certainty is that some form of the organization had been in hiding for much of the 20th Century (be it through proxy movements or shell companies) prior to its public reveal in 1995. Since the First Tib. War, however, it abandoned (even when fractured) any pretensions of downplaying its more esoteric, spiritual and militant aspects, which only accelerated as more regions around the globe became unstable and succumbed to societal collapse; a situation that the Brotherhood played a part through deliberately spreading Tiberium further, be it by sabotaging GDI efforts or smuggling the substance. Whatever the reason, it would come as little surprise that through propaganda and more subversive methods (as well as absorbing what could be salvaged from the collapsing Third World and elsewhere), Nod found not only support but willing converts from different cultures and creeds with nothing left to lose. Thus by the 2020s-30s, as life in the emergent Yellow Zones came to be defined by civil unrest, warlordism and in more than a few cases, anarchy, what had once been a secret society transitioned into a peculiar, amorphous blend between a quasi-state and religion. Unlike GDI and other "nonbelievers," the followers of Kane - the mysterious, charismatic figure seen as the "Prophet" and "Messiah" by the Brotherhood, a madman and inhuman lunatic by others - view the green crystal not simply as the basis of their "Technology of Peace." Rather, they worship it as the next stage in human evolution and as their Messiah expoused, "Ascension;" after years of infighting and thanks to the efforts of the influential Black Hand - part religious order and part elite guard (that may have been the same one from 1914), which remains under Grand Confessor Marcion following Anton Slavik's death - this has also cultivated a sense of themselves as the "chosen few" destined for their Promised Land, beyond notions of ethics and morality as understood by those perceived as heathens. Even in its weakened state and outwardly low profile after the Third Tib. War - such that Kane's whereabouts, if he is still alive, the location of his Inner Circle or the present Temple Prime replacement remain unknown - Nod still exerts considerable power in several Yellow Zones across the planet, swaying millions (whether disdainful of GDI or simply desperate for purpose amidst squalor) to their cause through both subversive and superficially humanitarian means. Many of said converts wind up among the myriad militia divisions, which range wildly from irregulars equipped with combat armor left over from the Second Tib. War and access to cheap vehicles to glorified hoodlums armed with nothing more than old assault rifles and fanaticism. Those who had proven themselves worthy or were otherwise born and indoctrinated within the Brotherhood, on the other hand, are granted much of what the "Technology of Peace" is truly capable of, from deadly if complicated lasers (symbolized by the Obelisk of Light) and Stealth Tanks with highly advanced optic camouflage to Tiberium-based weapons and humanoid Avatar Warmechs. Whether through hit-and-run raids in the shadows, open combat - with the Black Hand also deploying their own elite divisions that are notorious for their dark power armor, "purifying" flames and unwavering zeal - or a willingness to deploy WMDs (including access to nuclear weapons), to dismiss Nod is folly and if left to its or Kane's own devices, could fulfill their destiny.

Caught in the midst of these two world powers, meanwhile, aren't just scattered (nominally) nonaligned groups struggling about in the Yellow Zones, from rugged survivalists and raider clans to warlord fiefs and nationalist remnants. For while Tiberium's fatal effects on carbon-based life are known, as is its tendency to turn deceased, contaminated corpses (including human ones) into Visceroids, some unfortunate humans managed to survive prolonged exposure with varying degrees of stability and longevity. These mutants - known for the varied crystalline growths in their bodies (among other visible and genetic mutations) and ability to heal when exposed to the green crystal - formed a sizable minority of the world's remaining population and by the 2020s found themselves outcasts, forming underground communities and tribes apart from the rest of humanity (who'd come to derisively call them "Shiners"). Soon, many of these came to call themselves the Forgotten, a loose collective of mutants distrustful of outsiders and are presently found in Red Zones and more worse-off Yellow Zones. Although once united under leaders like Tratos around the Second Tib. War, since his death during the Firestorm Crisis, said groups tend act on their own accord; even their common bond of their predicament is not enough to keep them from waging feuds or clannish infighting. Nonetheless, while some are sympathetic to GDI (with some aiding against Nod and even the Scrin), by and large the Forgotten at large tend to keep the non-mutant "Blunts" at a distance. Armed with a mix of jury-rigged vehicles and outdated arsenals going as far back as the First Tib. War (including looted and replica versions of the Mammoth Tank Mk. I), they are more than capable of defending themselves, their technological weaknesses compensated by "taming" Tiberium-based wildlife (be it Visceroids with bombs stapped or even weaponized Veinholes) and an elusive understanding of the alien substance. That same understanding also made them a target for the Brotherhood more than once, which played a part in helping Kane succeed in finishing his research on "Divination" - infusing the human body with refined Tiberium to create "useful" mutations for Nod followers (like relative immunity to exposure) without the visible side-effects, which was "perfected" with varying success by the 2040s - among other more esoteric plans.

For a person living in the 20th Century, it would appear that civilization, at its best at least, has leapfrogged centuries of development in the span of only a few decades. Although GDI and Nod have followed down wildly divergent paths since the late 1990s - one born from minimizing the use of Tiberium, outside of its use purely as raw material, and another that fully embraces it as part of the "Technology of Peace" - the significance of the green crystal's appearance and those early discoveries of its potential could be understated. The underlying principles behind the first-generation Mobile Construction Vehicles alone (successors and variants of which remain in use by both sides) continue to be central to modern warfare, allowing for insta-building structures from practically nothing so long as sufficient raw material or resources are available. The innovations embodied by those humble "MCVs" have similarly not only made the ability to quickly set up fully-operational field bases (ranging from simple outposts to massive strategic citadels) a reality, but also alongside advances in drones, nanotech and industrial robotics, provided the means to mass-produce whole arsenals on the spot and to a degree once thought impossible; a sufficiently powered GDI war factory could churn out whole divisions' worth of armored superiority directly to the front, far more than even the old Soviet Union at its peak. When put together with continuing improvements to Tiberium harvesting and refining, as well as upgrades to the "Electronic Video Agent" AI systems used by the two powers (barring the ill-conceived period when Nod tried using CABAL), these have streamlined logistics and funding to a revolutionary degree, giving much more room for military planners to focus on combat operations, and commanders a reliable battle interface with which to conduct them. Beyond simply taking lives, however, the technological breakthroughs have also given mankind a fighting chance of not just surviving but even thriving in a world that is increasingly hostile and alien, though what that actually means radically differs depending on which side one is on. Even the Scrin, from what's deciphered from the aliens' transmissions, for all their immense knowledge and seeming species-wide addiction to the substance, showed a very begrudging respect, at least when not describing the indigenous sentients of Earth as "warlike to the extreme."

Some, however, wonder if even all of that is enough for the times ahead. Although progress is being made to reclaim more of the planet back, there remain worries that, just as Tiberium had evolved to become more difficult to stop in the early 21st Century, the possibility that it could evolve yet again to be potentially immune to current containment methods continues to haunt scientists and Blue Zone pundits alike. Meanwhile, intelligence reports have confirmed rumors of a new generation of cyborgs known as the "Marked of Kane;" said to have been in hibernation since around 2030, unlike CABAL's hordes, these are believed to be deceased Nod "volunteers" that, though retaining some humanity, have absolute obedience to their master. Apart from the ever-present danger of the Brotherhood or its control over "Threshold 19," the extraterrestrial onslaught that had been thwarted only a few years earlier may not be the last the Earth has seen of the Scrin. Knowing the existential threat posed by those aliens - one that would make their glorified mining operations pale by comparison - GDI has not remained idle in this current period of peace. Grabbing whatever Scrin artifacts that remained, Central Command has given greater priority to reverse-engineering such weapons and finding ways to counter them. More funding has also been allocated to reviving and updating old weapon systems that had been mothballed during the downsizing prior to 2047 so as to help even the odds; the return of walkers like the refitted Titan Mk. II to active duty, as well as plans for deploying the Mammoth Mk. II walker's successor (designated "Mastodon") and a new generation of space-capable Kodiak-class craft have been praised by distinguished veterans like General Michael McNeil (rumored to have "killed" Kane once).

Most central in all these, however, is the Tacitus. An ancient data matrix of extraterrestrial origin first discovered by the Forgotten in the 2020s, its vast knowledge - believed to contain the means to reverse and control Tiberium, or destroy the world if in the wrong hands - was part of the reason the Second Tib. War and Firestorm Crisis played out the way they did at all. Although the means to fully translate its are lost with the death of Tratos, it has also been said that many of the technological advancements made by Nod and GDI since the early 2030s originated from what information could be deciphered. In fact, the Tacitus itself continues to be analyzed by GDI's best scientists somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, as secure a location as there could be given the state of the globe. Although assurances have been made that the probability of tampering with the device could irreversibly render it useless is slim to none, as are rumors that the Brotherhood's recent bold raid on the facility has stolen it, most nonetheless hope that the secrets within could be found soon before-

-I don't have much time, but know this. Much of what's been said is indeed true, if biased. But only the chosen can learn the secrets within the Tacitus, which only the Messiah can teach. And really, you can't kill the Messiah.

Oh, by the way. Welcome back, Commander.

dcuc5ue-d7911226-2a6b-4b3f-ada3-ccc5b66bc65a.png

russia.png

Map of the Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic and its satellites.

Russia experienced a revolution and civil war between 1905 and 1908, including a humiliating 1906 peace treaty with Japan in which Russia ceded the Far East. When the Russian Republic came to power, it claimed that the previous Tsarist government was illegitimate and that the surrender of the Pacific was invalid. However, Russia has no further claims in Asia, and does not seriously believe that it could recapture Kamchatka or Sakhalin from Japan.

The Republican Russian government is based on an uneasy sharing of power between the RSFSR and constituent Republics' governments (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Curland, Livonia, and Estonia), and the Soviets. This was originally a matter of convenience during the Civil War, but eventually became the normal of Russian politics. In the 1910s it was codified into the Russian constitution because the Soviets threatened revolt if their conditions were not met. The Republics manage foreign policy and the autonomies, while the Soviets oversee economic affairs through democratic management of socialized industries. The Russian state does not has a monopoly on the use of armed force, with the Red Guards militia and Red Fleet naval militia existing parallel to the government's armed forces.

Politically, both the Republics and Soviets are composed of people of multiple parties. In the case of the Republics, the Constitutional Democratic Party, Octobrists, SRP, Democratic Reform Party, and Social Democrats are the most represented parties, in order. Among the Soviets, the Social Democrats predominate, and are challenged by a General Opposition composed of Bolshevik splinter groups, Nazbols, and Mladorossi.

In foreign policy, Russia is allied to France, Italy, and Britain, and opposed to Germany, Danubia [federal Austria-Hungary], and Japan. Its satellite states in Europe are Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, and Montenegro, mostly because those countries are still geopolitically reliant on Russia even though they disagree on most issues. Russia also has the Chita Republic and Caucasia as its puppet states in Asia. Chita was recognized by the Russian revolutionaries as an ally during the Civil War, and remained on friendly terms afterward. Caucasia is basically the Danubia of Asia, and is an ethnically diverse confederacy composed of the small republics in the Caucuses.

don't have much time, but know this. Much of what's been said is indeed true, if biased.
This. I like this. I take it the Yellow Zones consist of anything from fully fledged sovereign nations that arent aligned with the GDI and therefore are seen as illegitimate by the GDI government to 3 dudes and a goat beating each other with sticks and everything in between?

Eastern Promised Land:

1889 - Penicillin is discovered by Isaac Andreyevich Chatzkin in Odessa. The discovery is hailed as a miracle and leads to increased support for the Medical Society of Odessa from the Romanov Dynasty and foreign benefactors. Tsar Alexander III orders the MSO's members to begin training people to manufacture large quantities of penicillin.

1891 - Chatzkin and the MSO begin recruiting medical researchers from across the Russian Empire to study bacteriology, virology, and immunology. Most of the research staff are Jews like Chatzkin. The advent of antibiotics by the largely Jewish MSO leads to cooling of antisemitic sentiment in Russia. Tsar Alexander III does not reverse many of the antisemitic laws of the Russian Empire, but he does not attempt to inflame antisemitic sentiment either.

1903 - Tsar Nicholas II finally grants Russian Jews full citizenship rights within the Empire. The Tsar becomes an outspoken patron of the Russian medical and chemical industries, and authorizes the founding of Chatzkin University in Odessa to further the sciences.

1914 - With the largest army in the world, at 5.9 million men, supported by a national road and rail network built in the western territories of the Empire with help from foreign investors over the last 25 years, Russia is well positioned to counter the Central Powers at the outbreak of the Great War.

1915 - The Germans suffer a crushing defeat at the Battle of Tannenberg and Eastern Prussia falls to the Russians. The Russian Empire's southern forces successfully turn back the Hapsburgs, driving them into the Carpathians. Fearing Russian domination of northern Europe after the fall of Germany's eastern front, the United States declares War on Germany after the sinking of a civilian ocean liner.

1917 - Berlin sues for peace after the Spartacus League successfully kills the Kaiser with help from defecting troops of the German Army. The Great War ends with the Entente victorious. East Prussia is partitioned creating an independent Duchy of Pomerania, an occupied East Prussia, while Silesia is transferred to the newly independent Kingdom of Bohemia.

1919 - Ataturk and the Turkish National Movement are defeated thanks to a combined Russian-Greek campaign. Turkey's partition is formalized by the Great Powers with several new buffer states created from the Ottoman corpse.

1920 - A communist insurrection in Hungary is easily put down by the military dictatorship established near the end of the Great War. At the signing of the Treaty of Trianon, the great powers are finally able convince the Hungarians to cede their former Croatian holdings to the newly formed Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

XhMCnrT.png

This is good and you should feel good for making it!

Thanks! Still glad that map worked out!

This. I like this. I take it the Yellow Zones consist of anything from fully fledged sovereign nations that arent aligned with the GDI and therefore are seen as illegitimate by the GDI government to 3 dudes and a goat beating each other with sticks and everything in between?

By that point in the timeline, there aren't really any fully-functional sovereign nations outside of GDI or GDI influence. The average Yellow Zone varies between "crumbling Somalia" and post-apocalyptic warlordism, if not complete anarchy.

An Eagle Skewered Upon Itself

By 2050, America had fallen, not fully, but it had imploded in upon itself. The Second American Civil War rapidly deteriorated into a Nuclear War, as the Patriotic Party which had overtaken the defunct Republican Party moved against the Democratic Government, accusing them of election fraud in the 2046 Election. The Nuclear holocaust that was to come before both sides did nothing to stop the Civil War however, and only served to eliminate the center of both sides. It was assumed China would take the world hegemony from there, but members of the Patriot Party's FSA did not stop at just America, and launched a surprise Nuclear Strike on several major Chinese cities, crippling them and causing the Chinese Coup. As the world bled in the ashes of Nuclear Fallout, the Federalized EU found new strength as Visegrad soon fell back into the fold. Russia too moved towards consolidating it's sphere, declaring the Union of Sovereign Republics in the immediate aftermath of the fall of the American Eagle. The Serbian War took up much of the EU's time during the Late 40's, having started in 2045, but now the EU is rearing it's head, and looking down Russia over the Baltic borders. Africa meanwhile has banded together in the wake of the Sudden Collapse of Chinese investment, with India spreading it's wings into the former Chinese Sphere, and the West African Union expanding it's member states in an attempt to emulate the EU prior to Brexit.

Either way, the American Eagle has flown straight into the point of it's own flagpole, skewering itself atop it's once mighty perch.

An Eagle Skewered Upon Itself.png

Last edited:
@Marcus Sergius , I cannot see why the Chinese would yank away autonomy from the areas that did not go independent (though of course having much more 'Chinese' populations) and then giving that status to the new Korean area. For starters, I am unsure if it would be taken well by said Koreans. I say it would be ideal to add the areas I linked below, plus a few more perhaps. The Korean population in China apparently is very happy with being Chinese and speak the language in the same fashion as most everyone else in the country (as in it becoming more and more the default). Or were the autonomy for the other areas rolled back sometime during the decades before 2050? I don't see why Hong Kong tried leaving (it is now utterly worthless for if the Chinese decide to not trade with it) and both it and Macau probably would have lost any special privileges from the return agreement's time limits. And where did the Americans launch the attack from? Okinawa and areas of South Korea would surely have been glassed. How did the Europeans get Lebanon under its sway, anyways? Turkmenistan is also suppose to be perpetually neutral, for whatever that is worth. Ironic the Iranians had better luck in Turkmenistan that Tajikistan. I fully support the rump states shown for Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Maine joining New Brunswick here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanbian_Korean_Autonomous_Prefecture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changbai_Korean_Autonomous_County

Eastern Promised Land:

1889 - Penicillin is discovered by Isaac Andreyevich Chatzkin in Odessa. The discovery is hailed as a miracle and leads to increased support for the Medical Society of Odessa from the Romanov Dynasty and foreign benefactors. Tsar Alexander III orders the MSO's members to begin training people to manufacture large quantities of penicillin.

1891 - Chatzkin and the MSO begin recruiting medical researchers from across the Russian Empire to study bacteriology, virology, and immunology. Most of the research staff are Jews like Chatzkin. The advent of antibiotics by the largely Jewish MSO leads to cooling of antisemitic sentiment in Russia. Tsar Alexander III does not reverse many of the antisemitic laws of the Russian Empire, but he does not attempt to inflame antisemitic sentiment either.

1903 - Tsar Nicholas II finally grants Russian Jews full citizenship rights within the Empire. The Tsar becomes an outspoken patron of the Russian medical and chemical industries, and authorizes the founding of Chatzkin University in Odessa to further the sciences.

1914 - With the largest army in the world, at 5.9 million men, supported by a national road and rail network built in the western territories of the Empire with help from foreign investors over the last 25 years, Russia is well positioned to counter the Central Powers at the outbreak of the Great War.

1915 - The Germans suffer a crushing defeat at the Battle of Tannenberg and Eastern Prussia falls to the Russians. The Russian Empire's southern forces successfully turn back the Hapsburgs, driving them into the Carpathians. Fearing Russian domination of northern Europe after the fall of Germany's eastern front, the United States declares War on Germany after the sinking of a civilian ocean liner.

1917 - Berlin sues for peace after the Spartacus League successfully kills the Kaiser with help from defecting troops of the German Army. The Great War ends with the Entente victorious. East Prussia is partitioned creating an independent Duchy of Pomerania, an occupied East Prussia, while Silesia is transferred to the newly independent Kingdom of Bohemia.

1919 - Ataturk and the Turkish National Movement are defeated thanks to a combined Russian-Greek campaign. Turkey's partition is formalized by the Great Powers with several new buffer states created from the Ottoman corpse.

1920 - A communist insurrection in Hungary is easily put down by the military dictatorship established near the end of the Great War. At the signing of the Treaty of Trianon, the great powers are finally able convince the Hungarians to cede their former Croatian holdings to the newly formed Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

XhMCnrT.png
Trieste is marked as Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.