Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
westcansecession.png

Two proposals for an independent Western Canada by the various western secessionist parties over the years

rahmanalimapmax.jpg

A very bordergore Pakistan that never was

I'm not sure of the exact demographic... but wouldn't this pakistan have more Hindus than Muslims (before any... population transfer...) ? Or at the very least a very large (40%+) minority of Hindus?

I mean Hyderabad was already 80% Hindu in the 50s.

And I thought the population exchanges between India and Pakistan were bad...
The Osmanian Sea and Osmanstan are really insult to injury sort of things. And yes, it seems the entire population of Bhutan would be deported. If there was a need. The Bengali could flood the area with people if they wanted. Doubted they would want to go up their unless Bengal was literally being flooded.

In March 1919, there were some negotiations between the Soviet government and an American delegation led by William C. Bullitt for a peace offer between the different factions of the Russian Civil War. What this would have resulted in if it was achieved would be an effective partition of Russia between the Whites and Reds at the current borders. You can read more on it in Wikipedia and this old thread (please no necro). I attempted to make a Worlda of what this would have resulted in.

Bullitt Proposal 14 March De Facto.png

This is the de facto situation on March 14, 1919.

Bullitt Proposal.png

And here is what this would have resulted in. I have taken out Entente occupation zones, as one term was Entente withdrawal, and also removed pockets of Bolsheviks behind the main frontlines.

In March 1919, there were some negotiations between the Soviet government and an American delegation led by William C. Bullitt for a peace offer between the different factions of the Russian Civil War. What this would have resulted in if it was achieved would be an effective partition of Russia between the Whites and Reds at the current borders. You can read more on it in Wikipedia and this old thread (please no necro). I attempted to make a Worlda of what this would have resulted in.

View attachment 487174

View attachment 487175
And here is what this would have resulted in. I have taken out Entente occupation zones, as one term was Entente withdrawal, and also removed pockets of Bolsheviks behind the main frontlines.
That's a cursed proposal

View attachment 487174

View attachment 487175
>Litbel and Lithuania coexisting

:confounded:

Crazy Boris

Banned

View attachment 487174

View attachment 487175

Poor Latvia, getting split into two tiny exclaves separated by a ton of Bolshevik territory

Poor Latvia, getting split into two tiny exclaves separated by a ton of Bolshevik territory
I mean it's quite likely the Estonians would annex that Latvian land they held, since it was very small and unmanageable from the Latvians. That would leave them in Courland, which is still sad.

View attachment 487174

View attachment 487175
You have Estonia gaining land Reds (Communists, Bolsheviks, etc.) occupied in Estonia, so there is already an issue there. That and your later suggestion the Estonians would just annex it. It is possible, as things hadn't been set in stone and it would just be a bit more of Livonia attached to Estland, but it might go over poorly. Omniatlas (I know their maps have been wrong before, like showing Fascist Italy getting all of Slovenia once) seems to suggest there was also plenty of momentum going. Not like the Balts, Ukrainians, and others are exactly going to be rolling over because a bunch of foreigners are getting tired of being in the Arctic far from the fighting and tell them that two brands of Russians wanting to make them serfs (given the leanings in practice and opinion by the Bolsheviks and Absolutists) get to keep whatever land they have. I don't see either side, especially not the Bolsheviks, abiding by this. They would crack down and use the time to purge people and take their stuff while the Green guys are floundering with what to do without much industry in the land they got. Sure, the Allies left the Far East, but that was because the Communists pretended an independent state was being set up, then move down in after everyone had left. Ahhh right, forgot the main point. The map below shows what seems to be momentum as the Balts moved further into Latvia, so I don't see why they would stop moving. Also, pretty sure Crimea has its own group in charge here. A minor color difference, but I assume that, like the anarchists on the mainland, it was because of the multiple factions at work.

https://omniatlas.com/maps/europe/19190409/