Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

The sad thing is that the wife is going to go to prison for a long time because no matter what her reason was there is no LEGAL justification to take hammer to balls.

The type of idiot who thinks they will never be caught... even after they have been.
Probably because they don't consider other people to be, well, people, so who cares what they might think or feel, right? They're just potential playthings, right? And as for the potential for retaliation or any form of negative consequences? A minor detail, never going to happen, until it does.
Then its all THEIR fault.

As for the aforementioned idiot in this case, I'm pretty sure he'd would have preferred the pack of rabid dogs...
And the most amusing? the beatdown isn't going to stop. Take in consideration that once Zella's mother fully absorbs what happened, she in short words is going to re-enact the Spanish Inquisition in said Nutless fool.....Between being crucified in the Press as a Sexual Predator and Deviant, and possibly also get a lifetime ban to teach anywhere.
The sad thing is that the wife is going to go to prison for a long time because no matter what her reason was there is no LEGAL justification to take hammer to balls.
(Snort).........After what he did, even a third rate lawyer could bail her out in the grounds of "Temporal Insanity".....Add the destruction of his Reputation, and even the most Draconian Judge would give her a light sentence in the obvious grounds of "her psychological and spiritual suffering due to her husband's abject betrayal of his marriage's vows".....

Depends on the judge.
It could be considered temporary insanity.
It could even be argued that it was a form of self-defense. After all, the SOB in question WAS deliberately sabotaging contraception, including condoms, thereby exposing his wife and his other victims to all sorts of diseases that he may have picked up during his exploits.

While we the readers of this timeline have a certain affinity for justifiable schadenfreude, the stone cold truth in reality is that Frau Hammer is going to prison because she was the instigator of the attack.
Also from what I understand there is no trial by jury instead the defendant is tried before judges and I think the sympathy factor is muted.

ferdi254

Banned
Germany has no trial by jury system it is a judge or a group of judges (depending on the crime) to verdict. And judges at that time tended to be (by and large) conservative men. Nothing ITTL would have changed this very much.

FBKampfer

Banned
Depends on the judge.
It could be considered temporary insanity.
It could even be argued that it was a form of self-defense. After all, the SOB in question WAS deliberately sabotaging contraception, including condoms, thereby exposing his wife and his other victims to all sorts of diseases that he may have picked up during his exploits.

Not to mention that the penalty for assault tends to be relatively light in the grand scheme of things.

Hell, drugs tend to be prosecuted more harshly.

At least IOTL US.

100,000 women marching past the court with hammers in hand might just send a message to the Judges!!! I can see cartoons of 'Justice' holding a hammer over a philandering man and all sorts of other references to unfaithful husbands being under the hammer being published.

A Darwin Award Winner in life?
Depends if he has any children. The criteria is that recipient must remove themselves from the gene pool to be a Darwin Award winner. If he already has a child then his genes continue and he is at best eligable for an Honourable Mention.

I spent far too many hours on the Darwin Awards website...

Depends on the judge...
This is an important point, if the judge is very liberal or very conservative then, for different reasons, she will walk. With most judges, the severe provocation will be a huge mitigating factor and at worst she'll get a couple of weeks or a fine.
Now if a good lawyer, one who has a track record of working cases where women have been poorly treated were engaged by the (soon to be ex), wife, then there is a very strong chance that even if it gets to court, she will walk scot free.

There is the other side to this too: will the husband press charges?
The wife is in a very good position to, not exactly blackmail, but lets say, engage in "weighted negotiation". It starts with the affairs, he could live with that, affairs with students, he could probably live with that too, then there's the girl's emotional states, this is taking advantage of his position for personal gain in immoral ways.
This may not be illegal, but among educational institutions, getting caught* is an absolute no no. This severely compromises his employment chances, if he is weak, he might cave in at this point.
However, deliberately trying to get someone pregnant without their consent maliciously - at that point you're entering into criminal territory. If he is as much of a narcissist as the narration indicates, then he will definitely cave here.
1) he still gets to play the "victim" in his version of events
2) more importantly, he doesn't have to face the consequences of his actions. That is kryptonite for narcissists.

So unless the Police and prosecutors take the decision out of his hands, he won't press charges on the (now ex) wife.

*even today, too many institutions will turn a blind eye to such things if they can get away with it. Only the threat of publicity tends to draw action.

ferdi254

Banned
The Prosecuters have no choice. Using a weapon makes it an Offizialdelikt which means no charges from the victim are needed in fact even if the victim does not want prosecution the state will go on.

This is a case of schwere und gefährliche Körperverletzung by the German law this means a minimum sentence of one year. This could go to Parole but I doubt it. It was planned and done with the clear will to do serious damage. No matter how disgraceful the victim acted in the early 60s prison is almost guaranteed. The big reforms in the law came in the 70s to go for reintegration instead of maximum deterrence.

Germany ITTL still has the death penalty!

And any intervention from the Lang family would make matters worse. German judges were and are pretty fickly when it comes to their independence,

Yeah Zella and the others will be getting court summons. Not to be prosecuted, but considering the wife's entire defense will be centred around the husbands infidelity, they will be summoned to provide testimony to said infidelity.

And that's going to get in the papers because this? This is the sort of stuff papers love. If nothing else, if I was the vindictive slime ball who has just had his testicles tenderized, you better beleive I'd do whatever I could to get revenge on those that have wronged me by dragging them through the mud. Do that, and get it stated in court, on record, that a former senior military man had me assaulted....

He got his face and balls smashed in.

With a lead mallet.

There's no justification to do that to someone unless your life was in credible danger.

We don't know what was said between the couple before the mallet was swung.
The moment he says something like "I'd rather kill you than let you have the house" in temper she's got her defence.

"I carried the mallet for defence as he has a temper, he threatened me so I swung at him. Everything after was temporary insanity as years of abuse at the hands of this child* raping** monster bubbled over".
The seriouness of the injury will count for nothing, with a competent lawyer she's walking and if someone like JFK is her lawyer, he's looking at an appointment before the judge.

If he's found guilty, what his wife did will seem like heaven compared to what will happen inside.
Whose daughter was basically raped?
How many Green Devils do you think are likely to be in prison, either as guards or prisoners that will still feel some loyalty to their former CO?
Even Kat is not as big a threat this time.

*students, I believe Zella is only just 18 at this point, in many adult minds she will still be seen as little more than a child.
** using deception to have sex with someone who would otherwise not consent is rape.

And that's going to get in the papers because this? This is the sort of stuff papers love.
Yeah, this is going to knock the war in Korea off the front pages for a few days as the more salacious details come out and the defense attorneys try the case in the public opinion.

Yeah, this is going to knock the war in Korea off the front pages for a few days as the more salacious details come out and the defense attorneys try the case in the public opinion.

Don't know about front pages, but considering those involved? Definitely near the front.

Imagine if you pleas a hospital emergency room in Berlin, the man brought in has severe facial injuries and a mangled mess for a crotch. In walks the anesthetist on trauma duty who recognises the man who basically raped is daughter. The injured man nether wakes up from the anesthetic, END!

Imagine if you pleas a hospital emergency room in Berlin, the man brought in has severe facial injuries and a mangled mess for a crotch. In walks the anesthetist on trauma duty who recognises the man who basically raped is daughter. The injured man nether wakes up from the anesthetic, END!

Hurray for unjudicial murder :D

Oh no wait, the other thing.

Emil is not a medical Dr.

His brother, Zella's uncle is head of the German military medical services.

Kind of sounds like the Twilight Zone the way you phrase it though.

Imagine, if you please, a hospital emergency room in Berlin. A man is brought in suffering severe injuries to his groin caused by the wife to whom he has been unfaithful. He wakes to find the surgeon, the surgeon's assistants and the nurses and carestaff are all women he has wronged in his life.

Has he woken in hospital, or has he woken in...

The Twilight Zone