Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's 22 Chancellors of the American Alliance of States with this little background. Essentially the government opts to model the government slightly off of the british system with a prime minister being the head of state while the head of government would be wielded into a Chancellor. The Prime Minister is appointed for a Chancellor who is elected initially by the House of Nobility until 1830, when the House of Counties was also allowed to put forward candidates until the catastrophic election of 1814 which deadlocked it due to favorite sons blocking the needed 3/4ths of a majority.
AwREEq5.png
Bill Goldwater?

I assume Bill Clinton either was adopted by Barry Goldwater or married him or Goldwater Jr. (Newne76 is fond of politicians entering relationships with each other in his timelines).
It's one of the tropes that my lists of any political leaders involving the united states have, with Barry Goldwater being gay. I do like it, though I can easily see that it gets boring after a while and done to death, so I'll have to broaden my horizons with other various alternate couples in the future, but for now bill goldwater is alright for me, not the greatest one I've done by a longshot, but it's there, staring at my trope collection.
In this instance, Barry Goldwater married Bill Clinton in the 1980s after Hillary got a divorce from Bill after it turned out he was sleeping with Barry in a political scandal.

It's one of the tropes that my lists of any political leaders involving the united states have, with Barry Goldwater being gay. I do like it, though I can easily see that it gets boring after a while and done to death, so I'll have to broaden my horizons with other various alternate couples in the future, but for now bill goldwater is alright for me, not the greatest one I've done by a longshot, but it's there, staring at my trope collection.
In this instance, Barry Goldwater married Bill Clinton in the 1980s after Hillary got a divorce from Bill after it turned out he was sleeping with Barry in a political scandal.

Tbh the part of this I am most uncomfortable with is the thirty year age gap here

Dallas was offered to be "President-Duke of Scotland and Ireland" by a wealthy fraud artist who scammed Dallas out of 4,000 pounds.

Ernest King felt bitter after the First World War mostly about the trading rights and the neglect of the Chinese Front which he blamed the british and immigrants for, establishing a know nothing style anti immigration political party he called the Anglophobic Alliance Association, which sought to establish alliances as a part of foreign policy against the British Empire.

Landon is the Kaiser of Kansas because of a bet he made with the german kaiser Wilhelm II in a yacht race.

I know your whole thing is "aesthetically ugly shitposting", but at this point, it's just trolling.

And not even particularly good trolling at that.

election3.png

For the most part, this info box will be entirely non-canonical, because of course, Humans don't exist in this world. This is a makeover of how my election infoboxes will work while featuring a map to graph the election results, for the pictures I mostly used political figures or any others from the 1970s to 1980s. Mostly, these faces are recognizable to many following this thread, and it's just me screwing around with Wikipedia infoboxes and inspect element to create a fictional election. Unfortunately, the map is empty, because I was just too lazy to put all the information in because of how much time it would take, so, just have a placeholder!

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Don't.

election3.png

For the most part, this info box will be entirely non-canonical, because of course, Humans don't exist in this world. This is a makeover of how my election infoboxes will work while featuring a map to graph the election results, for the pictures I mostly used political figures or any others from the 1970s to 1980s. Mostly, these faces are recognizable to many following this thread, and it's just me screwing around with Wikipedia infoboxes and inspect element to create a fictional election. Unfortunately, the map is empty, because I was just too lazy to put all the information in because of how much time it would take, so, just have a placeholder!
Seeing Connor Langley's portrait gave me quite a...Rush.

2018 Unionist Party presidential primaries

In 2017-2018, the Unionist Party of the Federated States of Dixie held their primaries in order to choose their presidential nominee for the upcoming election. Incumbent Vice-President Mark Pryor who had been election 6 years prior was seen as the most likely eventual candidate by far leading up to the election. However in the spring of 2017, a leak revealed that in 2014 the Justice Department under Unionist president Jim Webb had opened a secret investigation into possible misuse of campaign funds in Pryor's 2009 senate reelection campaign. Shortly after being opened however, it was abruptly ended under direct order of Attorney General Loretta Lynch. The leak and its possible connections to the president and vice-president quickly ballooned into a full-blown scandal which came to be known as the Pryor-Lynch Affair. Both Webb and Pryor denied any knowledge of the investigation and its ending and Lynch denied that it had a political motive, but it greatly damaged Pryor's credibility and the upcoming investigation into the Affair by Congress definitely wasn't going to help.

This led to Pryor being challenged in the 2018 primaries by two credible challengers. Senator Jim Cooper of Tennessee running to Pryor's right and Louisiana governor Mitch Landrieu known for being one of the most liberal governors in Dixie as well as being a Francophone but was lacking in national profile. In the first primary of the election in South Carolina, Pryor was largely expected to win handily and hopefully for him catapult him to an easy win overall, but as the results came in Pryor's weakness showed. He failed to capture a majority of the vote. The largest surprise of the night however was the success of Governor Landrieu who got 23% of the vote despite not being expected to even clear 15% (coming into the primary it was expected that in would largely be a two man race between Cooper and Pryor). Two weeks later in the Missouri primary Landrieu's unexpected strength was shown again managing to come in second and within 10% of Pryor, performing greatly with the state's Francophone and urban population. In the West Florida, Landrieu scored his first win narrowly defeating Pryor in this half French-speaking state. Mega Monday the following week held the biggest upset yet. Landrieu handily carried his home state and with his urban support and his growing popularity with Black voters was able to win the delegate-rich Georgia. Pryor despite coming into the night with a 40 delegate advantage, winning big in Florida, and managing to win Kentucky, Landrieu had taken the lead by only one delegate. Cooper who had failed to get double-digits in any of the contests ended his campaign the next day.

In order for Pryor to win the nomination now he needed everything over the next month to go right for him, but unfortunately pretty much nothing did. With a month-long break from primaries for the holidays, the media had plenty of time raise up Landrieu as the now front-runner (despite it only being by one delegate) giving him tons of free media attention. On December 28th, Loretta Lynch announced her resignation from her position as Attorney General greatly raising concerns over the scope of the Pryor-Lynch Affair. Shortly after the New Year's Holidays, Jim Cooper endorsed Landrieu stating that Pryor's ethical questions were too great for him to win the general election. When Mega Monday II came along in January, Pryor did not perform as he needed. Landrieu handily carried Mississippi and was able to win the populous North Carolina. He was even able to win Tennessee where Pryor was favored largely due to Cooper's endorsement. Pryor only carried his home state of Arkansas, but it wasn't enough to close the advantage Landrieu gained in the other contests. Pryor needed to win the final Alabama and Virginia primaries big in order to overtake Landrieu, but when the night come he failed to win either. Pryor conceded the following week to Landrieu. Landrieu despite failing to get a majority of the delegates was nominated by acclamation at the Unionist Party Convention in Louisville, KY. Cooper was reportedly offered the nomination for vice-president but decided to keep his senate seat. The vice-presidential nomination instead went to Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia. Landrieu would go on to defeat National candidate Florida Senator Marco Rubio for the presidency becoming the first Francophone elected to the presidency, however Kaine was defeated by South Carolina governor Nikki Haley for the influential vice-presidential seat (president and VP are elected on separate tickets and the VP has considerable influence in the goings-on in the Senate).

2018 Unionist Presidential Primaries Wiki.png

Primaries.png

Status
Not open for further replies.