WIP Map Thread

Finally got back now that my laptop's up and running again. Here's a continuation of my previous map from five months ago:

Just about done tracing the Yangtze river system. After this I'll work my way down to the Pearl River Delta, inch eastwards until Southern China is fully traced, and then start doing the Central Plain rivers. Because standardizing river width is a pain with these many tributaries, I opted to use width 3 only on the major rivers of the region, and 1.5 for the rest.

Also, does anybody have any experience in using contour lines to depict mountains in Inkscape? And does the map look fine as it is and without any mountains in the first place? Thanks.
Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep on going. You can do it. We believe in you.

Make your dreams come true.

crimea.png

This is called a very rough plan.

When you get over-ambitious (seriously, what was I thinking adding dioceses and archdioceses...) and have to contain yourself to get stuff done...:
em82VVl.png

JW5zOk4.png

Also, does anybody have any experience in using contour lines to depict mountains in Inkscape? And does the map look fine as it is and without any mountains in the first place? Thanks.

Kinda depends what you're going for. Is it to be a purely topographical map without any state demarcations? In that case, I'd go for mountains. If not, then it might be too much, as you've already got a lot going on with that - insane - amount of tributaries.

Frantisek Novotny, Valhala
There is plenty of info about world across the book(s), but still not enough to make absolutely accurate map.
Either way, it will be lots of work, I doubt I take it to the successful end, nevertheless, here we go...
Novotny Valhalla.png

NESAM2076.png

CARICOM the last superpower of North America, Afro-futurist Maroon states, Brazil the breadbasket of the world, and Russians, Dutchmen, and Americans setting up states in the new frontier of South America...

Work on a modern Byzantium (Romania) following a WWI-esque scenario, complete with a demilitarised straits zone. No more themes either, replaced by prefectures (Nomoi).

Edit Romania.png
Edit Romania.png

There comes a time in every mapmaker's life that (s)he must make an Austria-wank.

Colours not final.

BP2.png

Last edited:
This map has been in development hell for sometime now and only recently have started to do more work on it. Right now I'm trying to figure out the borders of the various provinces here. Hopefully I can continue to work on it and add the names for the towns and provinces.
Alt Texas WIP.png

Australia got out of control: hopefully I can rein in Austria a bit.

Hope to get at least through the Bs before I move on to a new installment.

WankGallery.png