Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

There is a list of all proposals in page 95.
Got it, many thanks!
tenor.gif

Finally, finally I can properly begin work on this. For reference, here's every map I'll be using (scaled down here so they don't fill the screen):

So I'm making good progress, but in the meantime, here's another interesting map I found:

d25v2nv71c231.jpg

This here shows the natural borders of Russia according to American geopolitical analyst Peter Zeihan. Could just be propaganda, but the use of geographical barriers such as the Carpathians and Vistula is quite clever.

So I'm making good progress, but in the meantime, here's another interesting map I found:

d25v2nv71c231.jpg

This here shows the natural borders of Russia according to American geopolitical analyst Peter Zeihan. Could just be propaganda, but the use of geographical barriers such as the Carpathians and Vistula is quite clever.
This just screams 'propaganda'. if Putin was a insane tyrant who screamed about world conquest, then MAYBE I can buy this map, but since Putin seems to be more in favour of exerting geopolitical influence through interfering in regional politics, rather than wholesale conquest, I don't think this map is a accurate representation of Russia's goals.
I won't comment on whether its propaganda or actual goals, but it does remind me of the chapter about Russia in the excellent Prisoners of Geography book. In it, the author points out that Russia had a history of both being invaded from the west (Napoleon, Germany in WWI and in WW2), which is facilitated by the massive plain from Poland to Moscow and beyond, and a desire to push west to try and prevent that happening by reaching natural frontiers, namely the Vistula and Carpathians which they can defend relatively easily against any further incursions. So this map shows the 'natural borders' in the same way that the 'natural borders' of France are the Rhine, the Alps and the Pyrenees.

Last edited:
I believe part of the claims the Austrians used for claiming that chunk of Poland was a former personal union with the Hungarian monarch, so it makes sense to an extent.
I don't think they really use any claims, beyond half-heartedly claiming legitimacy for the annexation afterwards, they just waltzed in an took it.