Die Alte Welt Hat Überlebt- A Central Powers Victory Collaborative Timeline

How many civil wars should Russia have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is there’s almost nothing left in the Far Eastern Republic if Green Ukraine breaks off - it’s just frozen tundra with no reason to exist. I suspect a federation with high autonomy would be most likely.

Well, there is Magadan, and I think(?) there are a lot of resources around. So the nation might be economically viable as a "Russian Ullimaroa", based on mining and resource extraction almost exclusively.

Well, there is Magadan, and I think(?) there are a lot of resources around. So the nation might be economically viable as a "Russian Ullimaroa", based on mining and resource extraction almost exclusively.

Wikipedia said:
Magadan Oblast has a population of 156,996, making it the least populated oblast and the third-least populated federal subject in Russia...
Despite rich natural resources, the economy has not prospered as much as might have been expected in recent years. The severe climate and poorly developed infrastructure are partly to blame, but the difficult transition from Soviet times has led to the collapse of a number of companies with the result that many inhabitants have left the region...
Owing to the severe climate, agriculture is Magadan Region's least developed economic sector; as a result, 50% of all food products must be supplied from outside.

I don’t think this is the foundation for a sustainable independent state. Even Ulimaroa has other facets to its economy, and it also actually has people.

Meant the Levant would be home to the only Israel in the TL.

We didn't even think about a Jewish(-minority) state in East Asia at the time of the poll. We revised East Asia so thoroughly that I think that we can revise the situation of Israel. However, as Transcathay/Green Ukraine would most likely "only" have an influential Jewish minority, at most a plurality, it might not even count as an Israel.

Just a question: how does Germany get Shanghai?

By the Kaiserliche Marine in its (futile) attempt to support the Empire.

Because combined, those regions have a population of about 45 million in the modern day, which would make up somewhere around 30-40% of Germany's population overall, and I think that’s too much for both a relatively conservative society to accept, and too many people oppressed by colonialism in the country that it would seem to me that it would be mutually beneficial for most parts at least to split from Germany under a free association agreement, if not outright independence.

Most of this population would be in Tsingtau, wouldn't it? Togo, Benin, Namibia and Zanzibar combined would be about 21 million. That might be acceptable, but I'll reconsider Togo-Dahomey, too.

What do the others think about Germany retaining Togo, Dahomey, Namibia and Zanzibar?

@KaiserEmu , does this Compact of Free Association include right of abode (i.e. the right to live in the parent nation and vice versa)? And the right to vote in German elections?

I don’t think this is the foundation for a sustainable independent state. Even Ulimaroa has other facets to its economy, and it also actually has people.

Well, I included Zabaykalsk, and so, the nation has more than 1 million inhabitants...

Most of this population would be in Tsingtau, wouldn't it? Togo, Benin, Namibia and Zanzibar combined would be about 21 million. That might be acceptable, but I'll reconsider Togo-Dahomey, too.

What do the others think about Germany retaining Togo, Dahomey, Namibia and Zanzibar?
I think that we need to develop the timeline before jumping straight to present day.

We didn't even think about a Jewish(-minority) state in East Asia at the time of the poll. We revised East Asia so thoroughly that I think that we can revise the situation of Israel. However, as Transcathay/Green Ukraine would most likely "only" have an influential Jewish minority, at most a plurality, it might not even count as an Israel.

That’s fine, but it’s not an Israel then, it’s a Slavic/Native Siberian/Jewish state.
By the Kaiserliche Marine in its (futile) attempt to support the Empire.

Which Empire?

I make it about 25 million if we only count the African colonies.
@KaiserEmu , does this Compact of Free Association include right of abode (i.e. the right to live in the parent nation and vice versa)? And the right to vote in German elections?

Right of abode? Yes.
The right to vote would be contingent on residency for 12 months or something.
Well, I included Zabaykalsk, and so, the nation has more than 1 million inhabitants...

Well that brings up transport and logistics problems...
I think that we need to develop the timeline before jumping straight to present day.

Yes. This.

Could I work on the history of Africa?

What part of Africa do you mean?

Africa overall, although I’ll try to adhere to existing canon.

Residency in Germany you mean, or in the Freely Associated nation?

Residency in the nation you want to vote in. If you want to vote in Germany and are a Namibian national, you must have lived in Germany for at least 12 months. Similarly, if you are a German national and wish to vote in Tsingtau, you must have lived there for 12 months.

The Chinese (Qing) Empire.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Residency in the nation you want to vote in. If you want to vote in Germany and are a Namibian national, you must have lived in Germany for at least 12 months. Similarly, if you are a German national and wish to vote in Tsingtau, you must have lived there for 12 months.

I wouldn't introduce that restriction at least for German federal elections. Of course you get the 40 million "foreign" voting bloc, but as they have been German since 1935 or even longer, I think they are so used to the German parties, the German voting system, the values etc. that you wouldn't really recognise that much.

I would at least keep Namibia fully German.

Deleted member 107125

My idea for Namibia is that it becomes an independent Rhodesia-like state ruled by the German minority until a violent revolution overthrows the regime. Perhaps it would have an apartheid-like system as well?

Deleted member 107125

Also, about the Poland poll, it seems the majority voted for a monarchy, but that's only 50% and it only won because the other votes were split, should we conduct a runoff poll?

Also, about the Poland poll, it seems the majority voted for a monarchy, but that's only 50% and it only won because the other votes were split, should we conduct a runoff poll?
Or, we could use my proposal for Poland being a puppet monarchy until the 1970s, when it becomes a independent Republic

Red Arturoist’s new map
@KaiserEmu , now I integrated Compacts of Free Association with all former German colonies (Verträge über die freie Verbrüderung) except Togo and Namibia, and I also noticed that your solution of "large autonomy of Transcathay" is probably the best solution to make the Siberian Republic/Far East Republic/... viable. I think Transcathay would have one of the most wide-ranging autonomy statutes in the world.

I'll let you change the borders of Australia, as you are really knowledgeable in Australia. I also modified a few things in Germany to reflect the new East Asian developments and a few smaller issues you brought up (e.g. Gregor Tanne as a name - now Elmar Strittmatter).

And this is the newest map:

KbTYmd0.png

I think that Togo, Namibia and Zanzibar staying fully German is plausible: Togoland is German for over 100 years ITTL, the same for Namibia and Zanzibar. Tanzania (Deutsch-Ostafrika) was already decided by a poll to be independent, so I think that a CFA should be in effect for there, too.

Last edited:
Africa 2.0
I'm highly doubtful that Chinese province boundaries would be exactly the same here as OTL

I just ignore the internal borders; they're OTL ones that for some reason have been left in despite all the butterflies.

Anyway, I've been working on Africa and have encountered a problem. As far as I can tell, there's no clearly established canon or timeline for the second world war; who's on which side, which areas are the key theatres, who wins, who loses, who (if anyone) swaps sides, drops out early, etc. Given the world-shaping nature of a world war, I suggest we make it our first priority to determine exactly how WWII goes, before we do anything else, and certainly before we work on post-war to present day history. I think now most interwar history is reasonably established, but after that is a patchy hodgepodge of random ideas. Once we work out the details of WWII and the subsequent peace, then we can focus on 50s history, 60s history, etc until we reach the present day, but trying to build a modern day world (or even the individual histories of certain countries) is very difficult without the foundation that is knowledge of the course of the war.

However, while I can't determine the look of post-war Africa just yet, here's my proposal for what Africa circa 1928 would look like.

africapostwar.png

I'm still thinking about how the Middle East fits into this.

Regarding internal borders, I am really nowhere near knowledgeable enough to alter them. If you are, you can edit my map.

@Thanosaekk , what would you propose there instead?
For Mongolia specifically, just giving Ningxia to China is enough (or giving all of RoC-era Ningxia to Mongolia). In general, though, I don't see the point of having internal borders in the map when they make zero sense and are simply OTL 2019.

On another note, what's up with split Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, semi-balkanized Brazil and greater Bolivia?

The Royal Navy 1919-1925
The Royal Navy 1919-25
The Royal Navy had come out of the war considerably better than the Army, but still had failed to win any resounding victory. Post-war many older ships were scrapped to help the economic recovery, it was because of this that Admiral Beatty had resigned. The 1922 election allowed Beatty back in. The 1922 Hamburg Conference was a key turning point in the History of the Royal navy and the Germany Navy. Both Countries agree to limit there capital ships to 25, and only replace 1 per year. In the case of France or the USA trying to build more than 25 capital ships, then an esculator clause would allow for each nation to build more to keep up. In return for capital parity, the Germans agree to reduce expendature on support vessels, such as cruisers and critically carriers. Another critical point in 1924 came with legislation allowing the Royal Navy first refusal on various centers of production considered important for naval production if they went out of business.
Another important gain for the Royal Navy was the intergration and promotion of by Prince Albert, allowed young people from a vertity of backgrounds to meet each other and learn naval skills and proactive propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.