Well for one José Miguel Carrera (is longer in spanish) went to the USA for support to the Chilean Independence war, and he get it With the help of Commodore David Porter, the 1812 war héroe, the fact is that without San Martin, Jose Miguel Carrera will not be Assassinated. and will have more say in the country evolution

For the other Manuel Rodríguez (laso longer in Spanish), organised a Guerrilla fight, was incredible Popular, and was considered the Natural successor of O´higgins in case of dead, reason that led to his execution, and organized the guerrilla fighters against the Royalist troop to the point to conquer various villages and cities.
Fair enough, as I implied, I don't know much about Chilean history. Although would they really try to liberate Upper Peru?

I'm thinking that, should the British cause enough damage to the Independence cause in Argentina fast enough, many of its generals and maybe some military forces might have the reverse effect that what happened in OTL, with them being exiled into Chile. Now, if you want to avoid that and have TTL history to follow OTL history, or should the British be unable to break Argentina in such a manner, you could have the Spanish forces land in another port instead of Concepción. The city was at the time, pretty much loyalist to the Spanish Crown, in a manner places like Santiago and Valparaíso weren't. If that doesn't happen, then we could have the Disaster of Rancagua not happening. You only have to get O'Higgins and Carrera to agree sooner on where to fight the battle and they would have their armies combined in the conflict instead of the Spanish expedition having beaten them one after the other.

Back to the Argentinian exiles, I don't think it's all that plausible, but with a few bad choices (I defer to you at this point) and some bad luck, I think something like that could happen.

Back to the Argentinian exiles, I don't think it's all that plausible, but with a few bad choices (I defer to you at this point) and some bad luck, I think something like that could happen.
With Britain controlling Buenos Aires, is more than likely that they would go into exile through there. Also Britain owning Buenos Aires would have the effect of propagating pro-Spanish sentiments through La Plata.

With Britain controlling Buenos Aires, is more than likely that they would go into exile through there. Also Britain owning Buenos Aires would have the effect of propagating pro-Spanish sentiments through La Plata.
Why? the Argentines were Rebelling BECAUSE, they feel, the Spanish left them completely abandoned to foreign attacks, don´t let them commerce and put them against British designs, so if the British take Buenos Aires, supported by the Spanish or without spanish protest of the fact, you just put two legs on the royalist side stool, if anything this will see a major Revolutionary fervor and independentist sentiment, The Royalist argued that the best protection the country have against their enemies , indians and pirates, is maintain themselves inside the Empire, f the empire can´t defend them. Why be part of the empire?
on the other hand remember nothing unify more than a external attack to one country, we could see royalist and independentist forces uniting to repulse the British from Buenos Aires, And the Argentine become even more insufrible as now their independence war will be Against the Spanish and the English.

Why? the Argentines were Rebelling BECAUSE, they feel, the Spanish left them completely abandoned to foreign attacks, don´t let them commerce and put them against British designs, so if the British take Buenos Aires, supported by the Spanish or without spanish protest of the fact, you just put two legs on the royalist side stool, if anything this will see a major Revolutionary fervor and independentist sentiment, The Royalist argued that the best protection the country have against their enemies , indians and pirates, is maintain themselves inside the Empire, f the empire can´t defend them. Why be part of the empire?
on the other hand remember nothing unify more than a external attack to one country, we could see royalist and independentist forces uniting to repulse the British from Buenos Aires, And the Argentine become even more insufrible as now their independence war will be Against the Spanish and the English.
What I mean is that the Criollos hated the English more than the Spanish. Also OTL the Argentinians were so succesful at rebelling because they already knew they could, since the Criollos won the British Invasions, and as a consequence of that, also formed local militias. TTL the only thing they know is that they already lost to the British.
Also most revolutionaries were in Buenos Aires, the loss of the City would dispersate them and make a coordinated revolution even harder. Once Spain starts to lose all over South America, they would rebel too.

The latter, thank you.

Here's a blank map I reworked from a map with modern countries. Anything you want changed?

indian subcontinent blank map 1.jpg

It would probably be nice if we kept everything in WorldA until we have a more or less finished lore.

Hindustani Person asked for it and I'm fine with him working on his own as long as he knows that his ideas may be (though it's unlikely) rejected if the consensus is that they're implausible

@Višeslav How do you feel about my naming New Brunswick "Laurentia"? I based it off of the Bay of St. Laurence, and figured that the 18th-19th century naming convention of "Name it after its geography in Latin" influenced the name. Also hope you enjoyed the flags!

@Višeslav How do you feel about my naming New Brunswick "Laurentia"? I based it off of the Bay of St. Laurence, and figured that the 18th-19th century naming convention of "Name it after its geography in Latin" influenced the name. Also hope you enjoyed the flags!

The name seems fine to me, and the flags are nice albeit a little low res. I've been meaning to ask, why does New England as a region have its own flag? Is that supposed to be an official regional flag TTL? If so, why?

The name seems fine to me, and the flags are nice albeit a little low res. I've been meaning to ask, why does New England as a region have its own flag? Is that supposed to be an official regional flag TTL? If so, why?
It probably would be a regional flag adopted in the mid-late 20th century. It's not as crazy as you think, considering that I based it off of the actual flag of New England, as per the New England Governors' Conference

Flag of the British River Plate Colony
Flag of the River Plate Colony

plate colony ensign.jpg

In typical British "Blue Ensign" colonial flag fashion, the unique symbolism of the River Plate Colony's flag is on its coat of arms. The Anglo-Norman Lions on the top right of the emblem represent British control over the colony and the Anglophone population. The Cross of Burgundy represents the colony's Spanish heritage, the inescutcheon is the Coat of Arms of Buenos Aires, which would be the capital and by far the largest city of the colony. The waves at the bottom represent the waters of the River Plate Estuary as well as to a lesser degree the Atlantic Ocean and the colony's many rivers. The sun at the top represents the Colony's fairly sunny climate and the idea of it as a new beginning for British colonialism in the Americas. Some like to say it also represents "the sun rising over the River Plate". The Feathers of the Prince of Wales in the sun represent British authority and are an homage to the immense support that future King George IV (then regent and, most notably in this context, Prince of Wales) gave the young colony.

Last edited:
Alright, so an idea I have for the Executive Branch in this USA (as I'm working on Sherman's wikibox rn):
There are two halves of the Executive Branch:
1. The President of the United States -- able to make treaties with foreign states and actors (with 2/3rd agreement by Congress), able to declare war (with 2/3rd agreement), able to sign bills into law (and further have significant presence in the bill-making process); able to appoint justices to the Continental Court (The SCOTUS, as we would call it) with consent of Congress; and the appointment of Council members on own volition.
2. The Council of Ministers -- a committee of politicians who form the heads of key departments of the USA (Head of the Interior, Head of the Treasury, Head of the War Department, etc.*). They act as advisers to the POTUS

*Can also use the OTL names (Secratary of...), I just wanted cooler names. Essentially the Council of Ministers take the place of the real-life Vice President.

Also, who would the second president be? Madison, maybe?