Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
do they though? I feel like, even on this site, some of the major people here don't really have a main topic they love.
I mean, I'm sure everyone's got their niche. It may not be quite as specific as what I suggested there, but I feel like people generally stay on one side or the other of the "Before 1900" and "After 1900" line on the site.

I mean, I'm sure everyone's got their niche. It may not be quite as specific as what I suggested there, but I feel like people generally stay on one side or the other of the "Before 1900" and "After 1900" line on the site.
i mean, historical niches aside, like i'm gonna be anything other than converted if you throw columbian pantheonic empire in my face

Lol, reminds me of this map @Viriato made for his timeline

capitanias-png.245636

Division of Brazil into capitaincies applied to the whole Americas...
Noooo

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The following scenario is not meant to be realistic and is just a story and nothing more I do not support any of what is depicted in this scenario. understood?:
An Islamophobic, anti-Semitic person who disliked east and southeast Asians came to power in the united states. After a major crisis India and Pakistan engaged in nuclear war and both states were destroyed. A nuclear winter set in and this caused a famine which caused upwards of one billion deaths due to famine and the resulting wars over food and arable land and the fall of the PRC due to revolution and civil war. Meanwhile in America the president used the crisis to establish a totalitarian dictatorship and prepared the country for war and establish an alliance with Russia which later Joined the western bloc. America's western European allies prepared for war as well. A few short years later the United States nuked mecca, Medina and major cities in the Islamic world. Shortly afterward American forces invaded Arabia, Iran, Southeast Asia, Africa and Venezuela. Meanwhile in the US large extermination camps were built to begin the extermination of Muslims, people of southeastern Asians and Jews who were exterminated in what was called the second holocaust. America's wars in Africa, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Iran was successful in no small part to the use of nuclear weapons, carpet bombing and the resulting famine. While China was in civil war the USA annexed Manchuria and Mexico. With western and Russian aid much of the Manchurian population was deported and because of the nuclear a significant portion of the Chinese population died. Hundreds of millions died as a result of the nuclear winter. After the atomic winter The western bloc was the undisputed hegemon of the world. Brazil joined the western bloc and annexed large portions of Africa.

<SNIP MAP>

Data about the character who came to power:
Name: Diane Murphy

Eye colour: blue

Hair colour: black

Height: 5 ft

Talents: combat, engineering, science, programming, creation of almost any kind of technology in the universe, wilderness survival, farming, military and political strategy

Extremely skilled at: combat, engineering, science, programming, creation of almost any kind of technology in the universe, wilderness survival, farming, military and political strategy, propaganda, biology, physics, math, chemistry, mechanics

Ideology: Totalitarianism, capitalism, nationalism, progressivism

characteristics: genius-level intelligence, photographic memory, islamophobia, anti-Semitism, Sinophobia, dislike of east and southeast Asians.

Oh, FFS!

You don't believe in or endorse any of this, but you create a scenario where, among other things, you LITERALLY kill INDIA. This isn't the result of some long, well laid out T/L or allegory about the evils of bigotry, or even some sort of ASB driven global madness, it is a one paragraph set up that kills, almost exclusively, non white populations.

Ya' know, if you wanted to be Banned this badly, you could have just PM'd one of the Mods.

To Coventry with you.

What compelled you to make and post this, then? Does somebody have a gun to your head demanding that you crank out dozens upon dozens of comically low-effort Worldas, all depicting objectively horrible scenarios? What is your angle here?
Because he finds the idea of a dystopian/post-pocalyptic/orwellian world intriguing? Describing a world that might be geopolitically or even societally (from the first glance) so different and fucked yet at the same time so similar to our own, say, in daily apolitical life? (From an Euro-Atlantic perspective, life in India seems to be quite bad even in comparison to today or OTL past)
A kind of intriguing feeling that pretty much anyone doing alternate history feels when working on their maps or scenarios. Just that there are different kinds of people. Some want to explore those thoughts via an only slightly changed history (like recent history change, united EU or DDR staying alive as Višegrad-style country), different timelines/cultures or radically different timelines/cultures (early PoD, radical/ASB/magic PoD).
And as for the maps, well that comes with everyone’s experience, ability, inspiration and intention/will. Karlmarx seems to be a relative novice on here, but I also know some that intentionally keep it minimalistic. Some do the bridge between minimalism and detail (B_Munro style), some detail a map a lot for example and a few go even further so it becomes pixel art accompanied by a map or similar outcomes.
It’s the same as having a preferred PoD style/timespan, a product of everyone’s own interests, inspirations and diversity of thought and if we’re being honest that’s a good thing.

Oh, FFS!

You don't believe in or endorse any of this, but you create a scenario where, among other things, you LITERALLY kill INDIA. This isn't the result of some long, well laid out T/L or allegory about the evils of bigotry, or even some sort of ASB driven global madness, it is a one paragraph set up that kills, almost exclusively, non white populations.

Ya' know, if you wanted to be Banned this badly, you could have just PM'd one of the Mods.

To Coventry with you.
Oh well...

That makes my previous post defending a ban-worthy post, I’m scared now

6QJb051.png

The UEC is also home to a rather unique religion, the Columbian Pantheon. While the Empire isn't theocratic on paper, the Pantheon has significant sway over the proceedings of the American government, with their leaders, the Consul Triumvirate, regularly interfering in politics. The Pantheon is technically an offshoot of Christianity, though it has as much in common with it as it does Buddhism. The Holy Trinity of Uncle Sam, Lady Columbia, and George Washington are said to rule the heavens, with Washington coming to Earth to free the colonies from British tyranny as was divinely ordained. His string of military losses were merely tests of American willpower, and the rise of Hamilton to the highest seat in the land was Washington's doing. Each member of the Triumvirate is believed to hold within them either the spirit of Sam, Columbia, or Washington, and as such are to be treated as gods. (The holder of Washington's spirit is determined to be the greatest general of the day, and is therefore always held by the Commanding General of the Army.) The other Founding Fathers, like Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, and Hamilton, are treated as demigod-saints, dubbed "Patriots."

It should be a Trumpian pantheon with Trump and his cabinet.

>Holy Roman Empire
>Has had the power to conquer Britain from Mainland/Conquer Europe from Britain
>Does not control neither Rome nor Switzerland
>Not even mentioning the rest that's going on like the Ottomans in Hejaz

>modern borders
Allow me to help you unpack all of this. The HRE is in its second establishment, having had a minor vacation from the mortal plane. It is a violation of interdimensional law for the HRE to control Rome, so it had to be left out. Switzerland is just Switzerland.

I don't even remember whose idea the Ottomans in Hejaz was.

Edit: It was @LawfulInsane's idea.

Last edited:

Skallagrim

Banned
Does that... does that say "Stanistan"? Am I reading that right?

This is weapons-grade bait, right here. This violates numerous treaties!

Status
Not open for further replies.