The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

I’m in Palm Beach County and about to be slammed by Dorian, so keep on keeping on without me. Power will hopefully be restored by next week assuming we lose it (we will) though.

i tried
Uk Election Map 2015.png

Minor question: would the SNP have picked the color yellow if the color was associated with a larger political party in TTL? It's a confusing point since both the obvious colors - white and blue from the flag, Yellow and Red from the older royal flag, are taken. Their party was founded in the 1930s after all.

I mean like how did you know the distribution of population to be able to make accurate constituencies. Is it an OTL boundary map?
Ill be completely honest with you, in new Guinea the population of each district is unknown, i literally drew them to look nice. I did use IRL boundaries for most districts but occasionally ill follow a river instead.

With the UK map Ireland is actually population balanced and its based off of local election districts

Minor question: would the SNP have picked the color yellow if the color was associated with a larger political party in TTL? It's a confusing point since both the obvious colors - white and blue from the flag, Yellow and Red from the older royal flag, are taken. Their party was founded in the 1930s after all.
Good point, honestly. The only alternative I see is the Azure on the scottish flag but thats still blue.

View attachment 484494
so here's my proposal for the provinces of new guinea.
We already have provinces on the World QBAM?
You acutally made them.
PART ONE OF THE FLAGS OF NEW GUINEA

View attachment 442808
Federal flag of the Republic of New Guinea
View attachment 442811
Flag of Humboldtstadt Province
View attachment 442819
Flag of Vogelkopfstadt (OTL Manokwari) Province
View attachment 442822
Flag of Timika Province
View attachment 442823
Flag of Papua Province
View attachment 442824
Flag of Heilige Louis (OTL Daru) Province
View attachment 442829
Flag of Fierlstadt (OTL Lae) Province
New Guniea 2provinces.png

I've been working on Colouring the QBAM with the absolutely brilliant THICC colour scheme. I promise to produce something to post to the other thread in a while. If I may give a suggestion if people want to produce something for the other event focus on major historical events relating to America, for example, the revolution.

W4VdgXr.png

(Oh and I redrew the southern Africa borders because they followed literally nothing most of the time)

ST15RM

Banned
I've been working on Colouring the QBAM with the absolutely brilliant THICC colour scheme. I promise to produce something to post to the other thread in a while. If I may give a suggestion if people want to produce something for the other event focus on major historical events relating to America, for example, the revolution.

(Oh and I redrew the southern Africa borders because they followed literally nothing most of the time)
that's pretty good. the only thing is i wanted to make greenland independent. i know it might be a bit of a stretch, but iotl greenland is basically independent from denmark, so i think it could work ittl.

that's pretty good. the only thing is i wanted to make greenland independent. i know it might be a bit of a stretch, but iotl greenland is basically independent from denmark, so i think it could work ittl.
The only reason I put Greenland under Iceland is because if you release Iceland in Vic2 Greenland goes with it and i thought itd be a nice nod to the game. But yeah I don't think Denmark or Iceland would have any will to keep Greenland.

An independent Greenland does not make sense. A significant amount of the country's GDP comes directly from the Danish state. It simply wouldn't be self-sufficient as an independent nation. The country has enough problems with high rates of depression, social isolation and suicide as is and if the country is poorer and more isolated those problems would probably be even worse. While the high rates of mining deposits just being discovered may lead to independence in the future, I can't see an ATL where it would already be independent in 2019.

ST15RM

Banned
An independent Greenland does not make sense. A significant amount of the country's GDP comes directly from the Danish state. It simply wouldn't be self-sufficient as an independent nation. The country has enough problems with high rates of depression, social isolation and suicide as is and if the country is poorer and more isolated those problems would probably be even worse. While the high rates of mining deposits just being discovered may lead to independence in the future, I can't see an ATL where it would already be independent in 2019.
yeah but you're talking all the otl problems. besides, in 2016 64% of greenlanders want independence.