Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldest Ra mining settlement. Jamestown came first, but it had been burned to the ground almost a century before, so would be out of the running. That, and Plymouth might be nicer to live in. On a side note, are Lynchburg and Blackburg down in Virginia that close in real life? Seems like one of those things we only like to touch on here with an eleven foot pole.
Ah yes your quite correct, seems I forgot about Jamestown, let's say it got burned down again in the revwar, leaving plymouth as the oldest standing and oldest town in New England. On Blackburg and Lynchburg are in there correct locations, but it might be a bit unclear, dont get there locations confused with London or Oakham.

Ah yes your quite correct, seems I forgot about Jamestown, let's say it got burned down again in the revwar, leaving plymouth as the oldest standing and oldest town in New England. On Blackburg and Lynchburg are in there correct locations, but it might be a bit unclear, dont get there locations confused with London or Oakham.
No need for people to burn Jamestone again. It was a terrible settlement site and was abandoned after they moved the capital to Williamsburg. I can't see why the capital would later move to Mount Vernon. Rather out of the way from the rest of Virginia. And I didn't get confused with the location of Blackburg, but I did with Lynchburg. Which means there would be even more off taste jokes in the areas involving Blacks, lynchings, and oak trees. Say, does Vigeria have a bit of Ontario? Say, with both sides of Niagara Falls? And would there be such building programs as the Eire Canal in this world? Would Nova Scotia here be larger? Before the American Revolution it included anew Brunswick. Certainly less reason to split it off here, plus they might as well throw the Gaspe Pensinsula in with it. Why did New Jersey lose whatever status it had and got bumped down to the District of Adams? I see one city in there he wouldn't have liked... wait, was most of Delaware added to this district? I can't see why they would tear apart two geographically compact areas. Seem the south th New Englanders might get behind. Plus the thing with D.C. is unique, but impractical. There any Indian Reservations here or were they all forcible integrated or deported? Perhaps the Five Civilized Tribes dug their feel in in some union over Mississippi and the parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, etc the Americans don't have? Ahhh, and is the long line north of Connecticut, New York, and Pennsylvania meant to be a single line? Just curious. Looks like it is a bit off with New York, but if we consider the Southwick Jig.... I remember a map by XKCD where that was miraculously one of the ONLY areas in New England they didn't straighten.

No need for people to burn Jamestone again. It was a terrible settlement site and was abandoned after they moved the capital to Williamsburg. I can't see why the capital would later move to Mount Vernon. Rather out of the way from the rest of Virginia. And I didn't get confused with the location of Blackburg, but I did with Lynchburg. Which means there would be even more off taste jokes in the areas involving Blacks, lynchings, and oak trees. Say, does Vigeria have a bit of Ontario? Say, with both sides of Niagara Falls? And would there be such building programs as the Eire Canal in this world? Would Nova Scotia here be larger? Before the American Revolution it included anew Brunswick. Certainly less reason to split it off here, plus they might as well throw the Gaspe Pensinsula in with it. Why did New Jersey lose whatever status it had and got bumped down to the District of Adams? I see one city in there he wouldn't have liked... wait, was most of Delaware added to this district? I can't see why they would tear apart two geographically compact areas. Seem the south th New Englanders might get behind. Plus the thing with D.C. is unique, but impractical. There any Indian Reservations here or were they all forcible integrated or deported? Perhaps the Five Civilized Tribes dug their feel in in some union over Mississippi and the parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, etc the Americans don't have? Ahhh, and is the long line north of Connecticut, New York, and Pennsylvania meant to be a single line? Just curious. Looks like it is a bit off with New York, but if we consider the Southwick Jig.... I remember a map by XKCD where that was miraculously one of the ONLY areas in New England they didn't straighten.
Yeah both sides of Niagara falls are in America. There is an erie canal yeah.

Adams' boarders are the result of a lengthy military occupation after an event I describe briefly in a previous comment. Occupation was essentially in 2 parts, Delaware + New Jersey and New York. When the process of reintegration had begun and when local governments were created they maintained the military boundaries as the military occupation did not end when the military government did and it was a bit more convenient. Original plan was to restore the original states sans Vigeria but was so unpopular that it was put off (indefinitely) and the new regions were 'temporarily' formalised as the 2 new districts.

Mt Vernon became the defacto capital of Virginia as it was the residence of Governor Bushrod Washington during the last year of Washington's dictatorship. P. Henry was an opponent of Washington's constitution, and due to the power held by the governors under that regime, prevented it's ratification by the states. So when Henry died Washington arranged Bushrod's ascension to the position to pass it despite the will of the general assembly. He Resided at Mt Vernon during that period and moved there again as governor after George's death. To symbolise the restoration of normal republican government after Washington's resignation the general assembly followed him to Mt Vernon from Williamsburg which they had wanted to get away from for a while.

Nova Scotia is whole and enlarged. That is a straight line, though that is a small kink by St John and Connecticut. And yeah I'm afraid The Natives Americans do not have any reserved land in the American Republic.

blankworld.png

Follow up to my Africa and Australia maps. America circa 1750.

Skallagrim

Banned
On the one hand, those vertical borders are an outright crime. On the other hand, as a Dutchman, I'm sort of enticed by this big-ass North American Nederland.

Status
Not open for further replies.